Looking for fellow newbies to start a new project

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Sinister Spider, Feb 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sinister Spider

Sinister Spider Villager Member

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello everyone!

I bought RPG Maker VX Ace back in December 2014 and immediately fell in love with it and the endless possibilities this software offers. I've made a couple of (mini) games to test it out and then along with a buddy started working on a real, full game. We were doing pretty well until she had to pull out because RL got too busy. I tried to keep the project going by myself but ended up abandoning it shortly, because doing it alone wasn't fun at all! I bought MV last year to play around and see if I could get the same drive I had back during my first months with Ace but it didn't work so well, though I really liked the improvements, because in the end, having no one to exchange ideas, share the work and even celebrate when something complicated finally works just kills pretty much all the fun.

And so I decided to try my luck here! I want to start a new project from scratch. I have a few ideas in mind but I'd gladly throw everything away in place of something everything agreed on. This should be a completely casual project and done only for the fun of it. I'm not going to list any specific functions here because I don't expect to use anything other than the basics resources and the DLC and maybe some good stuff I find on the internet (if the author allows it, with all due credits naturally). Basically anyone is welcome to join! I don't care how skilled and knowledgeable you are! If you know a lot, awesome! I you know nothing, I'll gladly share all the little I know and from there we can learn together.

Anyone interested please PM me!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
  2. Sinister Spider

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Bump! Feel free to bring your own ideas! :D

3. Luck Of Kurisu Saimon Des

Luck Of Kurisu Saimon Des Expert Member??♣ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well your  in luck I have rpg  maker vx ace and so i design  maps  create music and do graphics  using unity 

So lgg is your man  Phantos.png

View attachment 32409

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2016
    Sinister Spider likes this.
  4. Sinister Spider

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Welcome aboard! :D

The writing team is formed, now we are looking for artists who have a thing for faeries and urban fantasy such as Neil Gaiman or Charles de Lint.

Anyone interested pm me please!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016
  5. Sinister Spider

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Bump!

6. EdCote

EdCote Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey if you want some inspiration via fresh urban fantasy check out John Hartness. http://www.amazon.com/John-G.-Hartness/e/B0043EUZHC/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_2?qid=1457135051&sr=1-2 I'm a writer and I have a knack for editing so let me know if you need a fresh pair of eyes on that.

7. gamer_girl09

gamer_girl09 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I wouldn't mind helping out with making the story line and characters and backstories

8. Sinister Spider

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Sorry for the absence, I got really sick past few days. Hopefully things will get better.

EdCote, thanks for the heads up! I'll check it out. For now we are drawing inspiration from things like Little Monsters and Labyrinth.

gamer_girl09, you would be more than welcome to join! PM for more details! //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

Thanks everyone who's messaged so far! //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_biggrin.gif

A really cool artist joined us but we still need someone to make sprites and whatnot. If anyone is interested, please PM me!

9. Sinister Spider

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello everyone! It's been over two months since I started this thread and a lot has happened ever since. Sadly, after finally assembling an awesome team and starting the project, RL struck and I had to drop the idea. Things have finally calmed down a bit but sadly I could not get the team back, so I decided to put the project on hold until everyone is available again and start a new one with a simpler and much less ambitious premise, one that I can finish even with only the basic resources and DLCs.

Just like before, anyone is welcome to join,regardless of previous experience! Please PM me if you are interested! :)  

10. Sinister Spider

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Bump! I'm looking for a partner to write the story with me! :)

11. abe109

abe109 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Hi I love to write, how can I help?

You can send me an email with anything to proof read to my email abrahammelgar5@gmail.com

Or add my skype so we can start a mindmap and help you get started with the story. Kushner109.

Greetings.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2016
  12. Andr3wWw

Andr3wWw Villager Member

First Language:
    Romanian
    Wow man. A lot of people here want to write! xD I wanted to apply for a writing position too, because I love to write a lot of things and come up with new ideas, but then I saw you have an awesome team of writers aboard! I could be like a playtester or give you advice and new ideas! ^^ At the very least I wish you luck in this project. :)

13. Sinister Spider

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Bump! Still looking!

14. FroggyGames

FroggyGames Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I could assist you with music. :)

15. Sinister Spider

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Justice_Rulez, your help would be greatly appreciated, as we don't have anyone helping with the music so far!

As my friend abe109 explained to me, there is a difference between writer and creator that I was not aware of.

So, to clarify, I'm not looking only for writers, I'm looking also for people to create the setting and characters as well!

16. FroggyGames

FroggyGames Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ok :)

17. Zentsuki

Zentsuki Story teller Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hey. I'm currently a student in writing at school. I can help with characters, world background, dialogue, or the story in general. Looking to create a portfolio and acquire a few more practical skills before I turn pro. Hit me up if you're interested!

18. 0sleepy0

0sleepy0 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi there ^.^ I hope it's not too late to join in :) If there's place for amateur writer (to create scene, settings, etc.) i would like to hop in on the project

:rhappy:

19. Sinister Spider

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Bump!

0sleepy0, you are more than welcome to join! :D

20. Tanarex

Tanarex Scrub Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A group tried something like this a while ago. And it fell apart. Didn't even get past the concept stage.