Looking for free for commercial use music with a similar sound to Guilty Gear/Devil May Cry music

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Basically what the title says- I was hoping to use some music for my project that has similar sound and energy to music from the Guilty Gear and Devil May Cry series, but don't know where to look.

Here are some examples of music from those series to give an idea of what I am looking for:

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My favoirite, Jacob Lizotte.
Not all tracks are totally free, but he's worth to listen

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Soulrender I am looking for free resources- that one is a paid one.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did edit my post, that not all of his tracks are free, look through his older music, alternatively you can check TeknoAXE but this guy makes music in all genres

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, I haven't looked into Royalty-Free music just yet, but I do tend to find what I need for my own purposes on this Japanese website called "senses circuit"

Not only do they have some BMG ready for you, but they also have other things like noises, sounds, etc...it's a very generous website.

If you do decide to use the website, my only suggestion is to make sure you read the the free-download conditions. I haven't seen anything different from "Please give credit by linking this website from your game", but it never hurts to check.

Also, sometimes they give it to you in MP3 formats instead of ogg. You might need to use Audacity to convert the MP3 format to ogg.
So that's a bit inconsistent...but oh well. I can't complain because it's freeeeeeee!!

I know you said you wanted it to sound a certain way, but you should try to be more open to other solutions since finding exactly what you want for free can be immensely difficult. Maybe you could find a different tune that satisfies your ideal game-mood.

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Check this site out
It has songs of the style you're looking for.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Cyberhawk Thank you, but I am trying to avoid using YouFulca's stuff with this project as I feel like I have already overused his stuff in past projects and want to try a different music writer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:
December has arrived and with that, an ¡update for Aletoir Feast! a game made it for the One Map Challenge. I will use some of the remaining switches, variables, and events from the challenge limit to add more content but keep it within the requirements. ¡Have a nice day Everybody!
What I worked on today. :LZSjoy:

No stream today, make a game in MZ is continuing next week!
It seems MOG Weather only has a "clear" function to instantly erase a given weather effect. Probably works well if weather only changes at map transfer, etc, but looks very abrupt if weather effects are continuously changing. So my next challenge: script a "fade" function to gradually fade the sprites and wait to "clear" the current weather until the opacity of all its sprites hits zero... or something like that! XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeoRetro