Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Milennin, we replied over PM, but will reply here as well. Thanks again for letting us play your game. It was very enjoyable. Please look us up for your next project, whenever that may be. Happy game making!

Last edited:

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is the Let's Play/First Impressions video for "THe Wooden Ocean" by @lianderson, and we're completely impressed with this game. From it's beautiful design to strong characters to solid narrative, it pulls you in from the very beginning. THe lighting and parallax effects on the mapping is simply gorgeous.

It has a few problems with the design of a critical path, especially during the prologue, and could stand to use an in menu tutorial to guide the new player. However, these are minor in comparison to the overall amazing quality of this game. Absolutely worth playing.

Link to Game: https://lianderson.itch.io/wooden-ocean

Video:

Orgaya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Someone let me know if this shouldn't go here.

I was just wondering, what lets you determine the cut off points for videos? Based on each of them, the times seem to vary by quite a bit.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Orgaya We try to do the videos for about an hour each, but some games are short (Like Project WIPED), we die more than once (like RTP), it seems like a good stopping point (Northwall), or we're searching for a save point (The Wooden Ocean). So even though hitting it is challenging, our target time is about an hour per game.

Orgaya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That makes sense. Have you ever considered doing a Let's Play series of a game?

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Orgaya That sounds like it could be a lot of fun. How many games in the series?

Orgaya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, I meant like you'd record playing an entire game you've liked or think could sustain a longer stretch of episodes. I think there's merit in going through people's projects all the way until the end, if they had finished it, because to me it seems like feedback is difficult to get. I've seen other people do full Let's Plays of games before, but you two seem almost professional about it, making the experience enjoyable and worthwhile.

Not saying you should stop doing the First Impression videos or anything. I'm probably sounding really presumptuous given that I have no idea how you plan your videos out. Or how taxing the entire recording process is. I think it would be neat though if you maybe recorded like an hour of a game, like Northwall or something, split it into chunks, uploaded a chunk every day or every other day or whatever works best, on top of everything else. And then record another hour or so of the same game, and repeat the process. Like I said, I don't know your guys' schedule or planning or if this was just meant to be a hobby, so if I'm just talking out of my rear, let me know.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Assuming that the time for Let's Plays is limited, the choice would seem to be either a lot of games get some feedback from a one hour limit, or a few games get a lot of feedback from full play throughs. Insofar as the first hour or so will give a good indication of things like mapping, battle style, character development etc., I'm happy with the present choice which enables more developers to benefit.

Orgaya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a good point. Yes, ignore what I said - you two are already doing superbly.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone! Here is our Let's Play of "Dance of the Damned" by @Tanarex. This fun game is a great and refreshing take on the adventuring party, wherein you play a band of adventurers summoned by a mysterious calling to a cursed mansion. Before entering the mansion, however, they must regain their lost abilities and remember what they are capable of doing, all to survive the mansion once they enter. This is accomplished through character and party quests, all of which are different and fun in their own right.

There is a problem with one of this game's rooms, however, as the game crashed when attempting to enter the shop. Hopefully, the creator can fix that issue. There are also some mapping errors, such as half trees showing, and the first fight could use some better balancing, but these are minor in comparison to the overall fun factor of the game.

We definitely want to see more of what Tanarex can do!

Link to the Game: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/dance-of-the-damned.74973/

Here is the video:

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry. I sent you the wrong backup version of my game. But I have fixed all the major errors and should be able to play until after the Lake part. I had a better version of my game but accidentally deleted a month's worth of work. And without another copy out there I had to use a (Unknowingly flawed) back up. I didn't do a run through. I thought it was going to work fine. I didn't watch the video til after I encrypted the game. So spelling errors will still be there until I get a chance to get them. Maybe with the aid of my grammar Nazi brother. But you can use the link here to get the fixed one.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/umqgytmo0w6i8ao/Game.exe?dl=0
Thread: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/dance-of-the-damned.74973/

Last edited:

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone, here is the Let's Play for Eternal Twilight by @Fernyfer775. Let us just start by saying that we really, really enjoyed this game. It's writing is very solid, the characters are very enjoyable, and the story tackles the uncomfortable topic of xenophobia in a elegant way. It was difficult to critique this game because we liked it so much, but there are a few key points.

There is a pause between touching an enemy and combat starting that is wholly unnecessary, and there are a few points where things said by an NPC don't add up. But these are minor points to the overall flow of the narrative and are easily fixed. The biggest issue lay with the main character's motivation into the plot, but with some healthy revisions, the creator can get it to work.

Overall, a great game that we highly recommend.

Link to Game: https://rpgmaker.net/games/8326/

LP Video:

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, can you play my game Save Your Mother? Over 3 years of hard work and love went into it.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone, especially @bokunoyuki. Just an FYI that we went out of town quite suddenly due to a personal situation, and were unable to do any Let's Plays last week.

Starting with Devil Theory, we will be picking up LPs again.

We will also spend this week replying to new LP requests and organizing the LP list.

Thank you so much for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience this my have caused!

Dust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hope it was nothing serious!
Would you consider putting my game Numina on the list? https://starlit.itch.io/numina
It would mean a lot to me, thanks :)

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone, here is the modified list of games we're currently doing a Let's Play on:

Devil Theory - @bokunoyuki
Crimson Light - @atasuke10
The Root of All Evil - @TheTitan99
Immortal Sins - @AceOfAces_Mod
Geiken - @Orgaya
Killer Gin - @KillerGin
Harmony - @Skyforger007
Save Your Mother - @Tuomo L
Numina - @Dust

If you've sent a request and do not see your game on the list, it's because we honestly didn't see the request, not because we're not doing your game. Please contact us as soon as possible to get your game on the list. Our sincere apologies if that happened!

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looking forward to the Killer Gin play through! ;0)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you feel like your story isn't that great, just look at final fantasy.
My original idea of a quest where you just paid money to complete it (it made sense in context) somehow got turned into decorate a table with a variety of choices so that the majority of players will have different looking tables.
XGkudjn.png

Latest custom tileset work for Raptor Revolt includes beach debris and palm tree. Can't wait to go to the beach!
Doing RPG Maker News #13 | More Yokai, Overworld Edits, Actor Specific Movement, Ultra Localization
One year on, one year off seems to be my theme lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2ne_626