Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! In this RPG Maker Let's Play, we return to the world of Broken Destiny, getting a solid look at the battle system and the overworld field map.

The battle system is easy to learn, and the propensity for battle strategy is very strong--you can easily formulate powerful attack plans and decimate your enemies. The layout of the field map is optimal, with plenty of room to avoid enemies, or engage them as you wish. The field loot is adequately spaced, leveled well, and rewards exploration.

However, the main city is still too big, it's easy to get lost, and you cannot find what you're looking for. There are a bit too many varied enemies on the field map, making the game more like an MMO grind than an RPG. There are too many world bosses on the first area, and they respawn like regular enemies, defeating the purpose of having them.

The biggest issue, however, is that there is absolutely no clear indication where to go to continue the main story. We looked all around the field map and couldn't find a way to the next objective. Also, the main story didn't show up in the quest log, so we couldn't reference it anyway.

This game still needs work and polish to be the best it can be, but once it's been worked on, we'll gladly look at it again.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! In this RPG Maker Let's Play, we hoof into the beautiful world of Nightingale Downs, a game in the vein of Watership Down. In this demo, you play a deer in a world being encroached upon by humans, setting off on a grand adventure to save your glen from danger.

This game demo is really fun, with only a few errors here and there. The writing is solid (as we've come to expect from Simprose), but needs work on several areas to become even better. The balancing is good, but there are too many "misses" during combat. Finally, the saturation and colorization of the maps could be improved.

But that is all the major criticism we have (the rest are just nitpicky details). This is a fun game with a lot of potential, and is unique enough to be something to draw players in and captivate them into a majestic and deep world.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! In this RPG Maker Let's Play, we take a look at the cinematic and beautiful world of "Shadow Star" by Grapeape Games. All we can say is "Holy ****!"

This is one of the best games we've ever played in RPG Maker. It's got a powerful and epic opening, a strong cinematic sense, great mapping, solid characters, and is well balanced. We really cannot say enough good things about it.

There are a few places the game can improve, though. First, the dialogue gets a little heavy in some places and can be simplified. Second, there are too many anachronisms from our world that don't fit a fantasy world. And third, there are a few instances where things don't make sense (such as the main character not knowing about the hero that grew up in this town).

But don't let those minor things detract from this game. We fully intend to play this game offline more and enjoy it. We recommend it to anyone who really loves games in the vein of Final Fantasy and Lunar: The Silver Star.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Suggestion; Keep up to date list on first post since it's really hard to keep track what's going to come next and what's not.

Not a bad idea. Let's see if we can figure that out! :)

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! In this RPG Maker Let's Play, we slumber into the nightmarish world of Legend of Dream World by WarioLGP, and we use the term nightmarish as loosely as possible. This game has a refreshing take on bad dreams--the nightmares are employees doing their job, much like the monsters in Monster, Inc.

Despite being an abandoned project, this game is a lot of fun with a lot of potential. If re-envisioned as an MV game with better mapping and dialogue, it could be a lot of fun. The best thing it has going for it, other than it's original idea, is the Zelda-style mapping of the overworld. Good obstacle and area placement makes for a very fun world to explore.

The mapping in the interiors, though, need to be redone and reworked, and there are so many grammatical dialogue errors that it got tiresome after a while. These need to be fixed if the developer's subsequent projects are to be taken seriously.

But overall, this shows that the developer has potential, and can put out something worthwhile if they put their mind to it.

sawworm

Sir Waste Time A Lot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello Studio Blue! I don't know if you are still taking requests. But if you do can you check out my game? I'll be very glad if you do. Thanks ^.^
https://rpgmaker.net/games/3996/

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Studio Blue! I don't know if you are still taking requests. But if you do can you check out my game? I'll be very glad if you do. Thanks ^.^
https://rpgmaker.net/games/3996/

Hey there! I am so, so sorry about taking this long to get back to you, but I (Steel) had some rather unplanned surgery and have been recovering for the month of October.

We will get back to you as soon as possible. Again, we sincerely apologize, to you and everyone on this thread!

Nekonron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I saw the video you posted about it. Health comes first! :D

sawworm

Sir Waste Time A Lot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Get well soon! As Nekonron said health comes first, take your time :kaoluv:

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone! It's good to be back!

IN this RPG Maker Let's Play we delve into the creepy and atmospheric world of Traum by Skyforger and company. This great demo shows so much promise as to what you can do with the RPG Maker MV engine with custom artwork, music, and fantastic writing.

There isn't much critical we can say about this game, other than a few nit-pick things here and there. We need to see descriptions remain consistent--once you set a precedent you need to keep it. There are also some issues with using dashes and ellipses.

But other than that, the game itself is amazing and, when finished, is definitely something we'll want to play to completion.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone! In this RPG Maker Let's Play, we revisit the spooky world of "Deadly Shutter" in this remastered version.

Despite some graphical improvements and visual additions, the game still has the same bugs and flaws that we pointed out last time. There are numerous spelling and grammar errors, considerable issues with the critical path, and the camera obscura mechanic, which the entire game hinges upon, still doesn't work.

Although the premise of this game is amazing, and it has tons of potential, some of these issues need to be addressed from the ground floor before it can be considered a complete product.

Now, we loved the spooky atmosphere and the jump scares, which are enhanced significantly with the masterful soundtrack. We want to play this game to its conclusion, but we cannot get past the first ghost battle.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone, we looked at our current game list, and it has become unmanageable due to my surgery and other complications. In order to give us a chance to catch up, we're placing a freeze on accepting any new games at this time. We will post both here and Discord when we are accepting games again. ******* backers will receive priority once we unfreeze the list.

Please note, we will continue to post LPs to this thread.

Thanks for understanding.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! In this RPG Maker Let's PLay, we revisit the world of Swimracer X, and the more we delve into this world, the more we discover just how much help it needs.

The game is all over the map, going from a swimming game to survival horror to an MMO, and the constant shift in gameplay and presentation breaks the experience. There is also a lot wrong with the onscreen animations and dialogue--we spent more time trying to figure out what was going on than actually enjoying the game itself.

Swimracer X needs to decide what game it wants to be and stick to it, not jump all over the place as it currently does.

The mapping is good, though, and the voice acting adds a dimension that most games we review don't have. If the problems with the game can be fixed, we could actually enjoy this game a lot more.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! In this RPG Maker Let's Play, we drift ashore the world of "The Awakened". This game has a lot of potential to be fun and engaging, but needs to overcome a few inherent flaws.

First, the positive. The mapping in this game is very good and very solid, the developer knows how to make a good critical path and design engaging maps that are visually appealing. There are a few instances of the tiles not matching up properly, but they are few and far between. The characters are unique with their own separate voices.

However, the game's first dungeon is way too long for a beginning dungeon, and the encounter rate is way too high. We found ourselves grinding more than we should have for a starting quest. Also, the inclusion of a paralysis skill is completely unbalanced and created a "no win" situation for us, which killed any forward momentum. Lastly, there are story-centric issues (for example, Melanie's reaction to Alyx's magic is unbelievable) that need to be overcome.

The game is good in its own right, though, and with some overhauling will be worth another look.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! In this RPG Maker Let's Play, we jump into the world of "alex in Puzzleland", a puzzle game that is loads of fun with just the right level of difficulty.

There isn't much critical we can say about this game. It sets out what it plans to do by presenting the player with challenging puzzles that are intuitive and fun to play through. Success results in a feeling of accomplishment, and failure is not too heavily punished. The end result is a game that will be fun to play one it's completed.

There are only a few things that need to be fixed, in our opinion. The first is that the first city on the "world map" looks like a tileset and needs to be better designed. The second is that the 12 second puzzle needs to be lengthened to 15. The third is that the first world is a little too long (we didn't finish the first world, so that may not be entirely accurate).

Overall, though, this game is a ton of fun and we look forward to seeing where it goes once there is a story and more added to it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My today's performance in janitor work was so insane that my colleague suspected I was high on something.
Learning about how trademark works for game titles has given me new understanding about another reason why AAA developers/publishers sometimes reveal new games as "Project XXX" as a working title instead of the actual title. The cutthroat world of trademarks and IP trolls gets rougher every year as the pool of available titles for (legally safe) use shrinks due to the limitations of language.
how does everybody even finish anything

i have like 5 projects in the backburner and it's just so sad that i probably won't get to finish all or maybe even any of them
Did you know that 90% of people in the world use the number in their sentence as they see fit?
It's been a long time since I was here but I have a lot of updates... btw I am teaching again about game programming and game design in some schools here in Brazil hahahaha It's good to see kids and teens learning this kind of thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainecakez