FREE LOOKING FOR GRAPHIC ARTISTS FOR MULTIPLE JOBS

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Zaeran, Mar 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Zaeran

Zaeran Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]
    I’m currently looking for artists to assist in the production of my project Wayfare. Without divulging too much, Wayfare is a dark fantasy RPG to be told in 3-4 episodes each with distinct characters and locations.
    I am looking for help in the following fields
    • Character Portraits
      Overworld Sprite Design
      Character Battle Animations
    Possible jobs includes
    • Background and environment tiles (Would also be used for battle backgrounds
      Boss Sprite Design
      System Graphic Design

[​IMG]
    You can call me Zaeran, but my name is W.T.L. Third. I have been engaged in the Maker scene for years. I am a recent graduate in computer engineering and communication at Western Michigan University. I have done multiple hackathons in the past few years many of which revolve around game design and game theory, most notable being the Hack 4 Missions hackathon in 2015, where I managed a 19-person team that conceptualized, designed and demonstrated an adventure game based on the experience of a refugee in a fictional country entitled Defiance. On RPGMaker.net, I started the overly ambitious project titled Eternal Dusk, a game which I will return to at a later time.
    Ultimately I want to go into multimedia production and part of that will be game design.

[​IMG]
    Wayfare is an episodic dark fantasy tale, chronicling a journey to find a the person who can save a ravaged continent. As the player, you control the Wayfarer and the Wayfarer’s crew as they journey through Greater Deimos in their search for an old friend.

In a world filled with powerful demons, the Wayfarer and their crew will have no shortage of challenging battles as they traverse Deimos.

Wayfare is 2D in an attempt to bring simplicity to what will be an ambitious narrative. It also adds a bit to the nostalgia factor of classic top-down RPGs.

[​IMG]
    The style that I’m looking for is Romancing Saga 3 style sprites. This style is probably my favorite 2-D model of sprites and I think they look amazing. I have already started creating some characters and battle poses but I have other parts of the project to work on.

The art itself is defined by the limitations of RPG Maker 2003’s resource guidelines:

Portraits: ((48x48)4x4) , for now I only need a base portrait for each character in the first episode

Overworld Sprites: (((24x32)3x4)4x2)

The sprites would be in this style:
    [​IMG]

Battle Sprites: ((96x96)5x5)
    For the battle animations, we gain more freedom in size and animation if we use Battle Effects as a character’s battle animation an option given in RM2k3. This allows for 25 unique images in an animation and up to 500 frames . Character sizes sould be the same as the overworld sprites but because of the larger area per cell, we should be able to have more complex movements

As it pertains to tilesets, I am open to anything that would mesh well with RS style sprite work. This is in no way an urgent part of the art

[​IMG]
    In order to apply, follow this link below to an application form where you can fill out any pertinent information. There will be space in the form where you can post links to your digital portfolio if you have one, and further instruction if you don’t will be listed at the submission of the application. You should expect a reply within 48 business hours of your application.

Application Form

If you need clarifying questions answered please post below
    I look forward to the possibility of working with you, and with your help, we can make Wayfare an excellent game!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  2. Zaeran

Zaeran Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey all, still looking for artists for portraits, environments and such.

3. Naonee

Naonee Sleepy artist Member

First Language:
    Finnish&English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I did make application. I really wish my skill level is enought tough. ( I am really intrested of this project)
    (I love designing characters/creatures plus I can change my style for different situations)

-Nao

Guiguimu likes this.