Looking for help for a bunch of things related to events.

drumguy1991

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So  I am trying to make my opening scene, I want to have two NPC's walk up together, face each other and have a back to back conversation with each other, and once that is done I want to move one of the same NPC's off screen.

What I did was I made two "events", I chose the NPC's I wanted for the graphic, I went to "Move Route" or something like that have clicked move up 5 times and then turn right and left for the other guy.

The first problem I was having was once they did that animation and they got to where they needed they did a quick turn then continued to move around, I don't want that I want them to stop moving once they get to where I want them, ( mind you this was all under "autorun" ). So I thought  I would create a blank event page set them on a self switch to ON and it worked, they stayed put. But I don't know how to have a back and forth conversation between them then have the other NPC walk off.

Any help would be great!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You put the entire conversation into one event only and switch the face in the text messages.

The second event (the one without the conservation) should have the second part of the moveroute conditioned to a general switch (not self-switch) and that switch is then changed by the primary event after the conversation is finished.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would do similar, but I'd have it ALL controlled by a single event - I wouldn't have a second part of move route on the second event at all.

Event 1 will have Set Move Route for one event to move into position, and Wait for Completion will be UNchecked. Then it'll have Set Move Route for the other event to move into position, and Wait for Completion WILL be checked. Then have the dialogue. Then have more move routes for each event to move where you want them to go after the conversation. Again the first (the shortest move route, if one goes further than the other) will not wait for compltion, but the second one will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Diary ---

M.Mage: It's the F.Mage's Diary. While she isn't here,i can read it.

May, 10: I'm hurt after the battle with the Minotaur. But luckily,F.Healer heal me with her Heal-2. That why,i Fall in Love with her.

M.Mage: Eh???
So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!
A skill type called: "Rumagic". The intention is Magic with Rum(that pirates drink)
Does it sound strange in English?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angel0127g