Looking for help for a unique battle system

NJ4K

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have no Java talent what so ever, I will admit. So I am looking for help to build a unique battle system for my game. What I call the "Write or Fight" system.

Basically the best premise I could compare it to is the Undertale system, but I want it to be a little more unique. In which you can choose to fight and ultimately erase your enemy, or write the character's story. It's a creation vs destruction kind of mindset. The enemy can only fight, but you as a player (ie: the writer of the adventure) can either write of erase a character from the story. I also want to build a more unique bullet hell system.

Obviously the outcome of the "battle/story" will have an impact on the game itself. Is there anyone who can hep me with such a system? I can only pay on royalties.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for a talent request.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Two things.
It's ok you have no java talent, as rpg maker uses java script.
But im almost positive you would be able to accomplish this using events and variables.

NJ4K

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe but I m looking for something more unique.

Dirge

Sound Engineer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Programming a new battle system from scratch is a huge task that you'll be hard-pressed to find someone to undertake at all, and certainly not free. Look in the classified offers for scripters and see if they take that kind of project. Be prepared to pay a good chunk of money for it, as well..

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Smrndmdde made an Undertale bullet hell battle system plugin. Not sure what a write or fight system is but I would start with Smrndmdde's plugin and work from there.

NJ4K

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am working on something with that yes, I am also talking to him. :)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you don't need someone to fill this request then? Should probably report to moderators and ask to close.

NJ4K

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes I do, I will make an announcement here when it is filled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Saying overused tropes are bad is like saying I - IV - V - I chord progression is bad.
I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...
It just happen we got P7 as booth number, so i draw Girls Frontline's P7 in this
Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amipepper