Looking for high quality visually appealing assets for a fantasy setting.

jensonagain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to use RPG Maker MV, but I don't like the cartoony pixelated look of the assets.

All the assets found at http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/resources/rpg-maker-mv are too low quality, including the medieval fantasy packs.

Is there an RPG maker store that sells premium high quality assets? Preferably stunning pre-rendered objects like trees, grass, tables, walls, etc, for a fantasy based scene? I can't seem to find any which means I would have to pre-render all my own assets which would be very time consuming.

I'm not looking for any characters, I can do those myself.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you checked on the Unity store? They might have something more along the lines of what you're after, and if they're 2D, you should be able to use them in MV.

I'm not aware of anything here that's a higher quality than the Medieval Fantasy packs. Not that I know everything that's available.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is "high quality" for you?
Without examples we can't really help you...

That said however there is a problem, especially if you consider the medieval fantasy series to be too low in quality.
The default engine is based on a 48x48 pixel grid. That pixel number limits the details that can be put in - the medieval packs already leave that grid to increase the quality as much as possible.
Any higher detail levels will need to break that grid completely - that is possible (there are plugins for that), but that means that you'll have to have someone who can modify screens etc with those plugins.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want assets of quality of A++ games with polygon/geometry rendered graphics instead of pixel art, then I'm afraid 2D indie stores are not for you, because 2D indie stores are usually filled by assets from amateurs/hobbyists. You'll need to hire professional artists (far from the cheapest matter on Earth). I've gone through multiple stores, including Unity asset store, and 90% of what I've seen was cartoon style or too little in amounts to be useful for me.

Levolpehh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you don't like pixel games RPG Maker MV likely isn't for you as it's mostly pixel-tilemap. FSM has some better quality sprites but looks like everything on the store wasnt to your liking. If you want prerendered objects you'll likely need to use Unity or maybe GameMaker(?)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Some drawings I made in Lapis, one day I intend to involve them in some RPG Maker project.
* maybe two wall frames
*or some sprite flower tiara, or maybe it inspires someone to do something.
bdd19b62e539d17b3b00cc3d63034f7d.jpg

fcca5c8471b34483da8e032cfe579275.jpg
Step by step, I am coming back.

memorial.png
MasterTenchi wrote on Pixeldrama's profile.
Do you happen to have any of the two lockpicking minigames in RPG Maker MZ format?
I'd love to use them both in my game, and the only ones I've found are yours, but they are in MV format. Strange no one has made a single one for MZ yet. I am hoping you have - but just on the down-low.
SF_People2_8 added!
index.php

1642338286154.png
Trying to draw some pixel art cliffs. Which side looks better, left or right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedKitsune