Looking for Hoop Earrings (MV)

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by KRS, Nov 24, 2019.

1. KRS

KRS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Resource Type: (Generator parts, especially face part/Accessory)
    Maker Format: (MV)
    Art Style: (One that matches with the Vanilla style)
    Description: (large hooped earrings, something like in the reference image below)
    Reference Images: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0a/Nadia_The_Secret_of_Blue_Water.jpg

If someone knows where to find something like this I would be most appreciative if you could point me in the right direction, thanks for your consideration.

2. Marsigne

Marsigne Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd like to see one too.

3. Coelocanth

Coelocanth Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't think these will work as character generator parts, because of the earring behind the head.
    Here's a simple pair of earrings. The usual way to make graphics like this would be to put the first earring behind the head, and the second one in front.
    HoopEarring_unmasked.png
    With the face generator, the hair parts work like this (front and rear hair), but not the accessories. I think this is why the earring choice is limited to small parts so only one ear needs to be drawn.
    HoopEarring_masked.png
    So, you can mask off the earrings (or use the eraser tool) to not draw the hidden parts.
    Here's how that looks drawn on top of face2
    HoopEarring_face1.png
    But when using one of the chubby faces like face4, it breaks easily due to the different jaw line. See how the earring overlaps the cheek on the left side of the image.
    HoopEarring_face4_bad.png
    While it should look more like this one:
    HoopEarring_face4_fix.png
    You're welcome to use / edit any of these images if they're useful to you.

Saying that, if you restrict your choices of face shape and hair to ones that don't conflict, it will work.
    I've used the Extended Character Generator tool with some success.
    Download the attachment "HoopEarring.zip" from this post to get SV, TV, TVD images and a convenient RXGE file to import to the extended generator. If you want to use the built-in generator, you'll need to rename the image files to match its format.
    Helene.png Helene.png Helene.png
    HoopEarring_SV.png HoopEarring_TV.png HoopEarring_TVD.png HoopEarring_masked.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    KRS and Marsigne like this.
  4. KRS

KRS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for this, they're really well done although the default generator part is a little bright for my uses and I don't have the gradients to fix it, is it possible for you to recolor a slightly duller version? It works great for AccB on face3 and I rarely use face4 anyway so no problem there.

5. Coelocanth

Coelocanth Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How's this? (multiply layer filled with f9ae93)
    HoopEarringDull.png
    I'm not sure how people recolour stuff usually

KRS likes this.
  6. KRS

KRS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for doing the recolor, it seems mores substantive with the slightly darker color. These work really well in the generator.