Looking for... horizontal gauges, but...

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not looking for just plain horizontal bars with gradient, but something similar to this:
afa20ff588754c40bcfe619bc8821139.png

But with few restrictions:
- Must fit for resolution 1024x576
- Contains bars for Exp, HP, MP and TP
- Optional ring for actor's face
- MV style optional

Thank you in advance

SoulBlade32

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not looking for just plain horizontal bars with gradient, but something similar to this:
afa20ff588754c40bcfe619bc8821139.png

But with few restrictions:
- Must fit for resolution 1024x576
- Contains bars for Exp, HP, MP and TP
- Optional ring for actor's face
- MV style optional

Thank you in advance
So, I know that this isn't exactly as helpful as you were wanting, but I would recommend hiring someone to do this for you. Many people aren't going to want to create something for you for free and if you aren't able to find it online easily, then they likely aren't able to either.

Edit: Very sorry, I didn't realize this was posted in a resource request thread :p

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem @SoulBlade32. I tried to do something by my own, but everytime... Something was missing and I can't explain what, something with 'spirit'?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why not SRD_HUDMaker? or do you want to do it from scratch, so you just
jave the gauges on each actor or 2 or depending which actor(s)?

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon Simply I want to make good looking, clean, stylish and claryfing HUD and each attemtp ends with terrible results... Here, this is what I've done today in N-th attempt...

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheRastaGeek, yes, something like that, I have it on my mind to use it, but if during night I won't draw own good looking gauges.

Oir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon Simply I want to make good looking, clean, stylish and claryfing HUD and each attemtp ends with terrible results... Here, this is what I've done today in N-th attempt...

It looks like your problems are mainly in terms of graphical design and can be solved with some elbow grease in photoshop/GIMP. For the purpose of achieving the aesthetic that you initially posted compared to what you have now:

- Your colours need to be darker and more desaturated all around.

- Your gauges need to be thinner/longer. You're also going to want some text (ex. "100%" inside the gauge). Looks pretty similar to Times new Roman or Trajan Pro.

- You're gonna want to swap the bright yellow outlines for a thin black outline, possibly with a super subtle darker gradient blending into the rest of the gauge. But solid black line probably works fine.

- Drop shadow on the bottom of each gauge bar. You have a black gradient radiating upwards from every gauge. But that's the reverse of the first image. You need to be dropping the black gradient from the bottom of one gauge onto the one beneath it. It needs to be a bit stronger and smaller though so it can also serve as a divider between the gauges.

- Very low opacity metal scratch texture on each gauge. Probably overlay mode but normal mode or soft light might work too.

The main aesthetic of the initial screenshot you posted (the one you want to imitate) is that each element of the HUD functions as a solid object with its own outline, its own drop shadow, its own texture, etc. Keep that in mind while you're designing each element of your HUD and imagine that you're laying solid objects on top of one another as opposed to flat pictures you're combining on the same layer.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Oir, Bingo! You won a 1.000.000$. I'll print your response and I try to mess with it tomorrow. Now ladies and gentelmen please excuse me, but I'm going to sleep - I'm looking like 100% zombie.

Ok... It won't be better with my current Photoshop skills...

I'll let thi thread open, for some others, but personaly I think problem is solved...

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
they look nice, I made 3 versions for my own HUD :D and become better to fit my needs,
as well to fit my menu layout and stuff.

problem on my end, I need a bunch of info in it, simple HUD like yours is easier, but it
looks great, there might be some improvent which you can do.

to make it nice, in case your green bar, the outline is light green, but it is also possible
to make it light -> to darkgreen or vice versa, which you can play around with.

but if you know gimp, photoshop or krita, you can imrpove when time is right :)

Dutchmountain

Engineering the impossible
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Soulrender : I could not help it giving this a shot too on this rainy Sunday.
I tried to base them on your examples and the descriptions on this thread but have no clue on the actual dimensions they should be.

Gauges_examples2.png
(Somehow they appear a bit darker here then in my original file).

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The middle ones are good, really good.

Dutchmountain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Soulrender : Thanks, if you you give me some more details on the sizes of the gauges (or maybe it is okay already) I could see what I can manage to do.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Size is perfect.

Dutchmountain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Soulrender : Here is a version with seperate parts, see if and how you could use them.

Gauge_parts.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Valentines Entry, first contest I'm in and it is so much fun to just participate!
Anatomy is really hard. I'm not an artist.
just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickismyname