Cyphx03

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I just got RPG Maker VX Ace yesterday because I wanted to try it out. When I made a starting area for my character and was ready to build houses, I noticed that there were no tilesets for house building. I tried looking it up on Google with in multiple different ways, but with no result. I see all these other people making houses on Youtube videos with downloaded tilesets. I can't seem to find a tileset that would help me build a house. Does anyone know of a tileset that allows you to build a house? Also, I am new, so if you can tell me how to import tilesets, it would be appreciated.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is really a support question so I'm moving it to RPG Maker VX Ace. Please do your best to put your posts in the right forum next time.

About 7 rows down on A is where the A3 tiles show up. These are the ones you need to make houses. There's two rows for roofs and two rows for walls. Windows and other such decorations are found on the other sheets, the graphics that came with the program put them on B. Doors are an event.

I highly recommend doing a few newbie tutorials and reading the help file, I think that's going to help a lot at this point.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're wrong, Ace does have tilesets for every basic area - but you need to tell the map which tileset to use in the map properties.

For the inside of buildings, you need the "interior" tileset. For towns or areas where you see the houses from the outside, you'll use the "exterior" tileset.

Right-click on the map list and then select "sample map" to see the different forms of maps that Ace supports by default.

And if you're new, then I suggest you follow the link in my signature and read through the tutorials there to learn all the options available in RM.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Frostorm wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey bro, hmu if you're around...I really need your help. >.<
Working hard to keep master @ImaginaryVillain 's sparkles on stock! :kaodes:
A3lgj8H.jpg

Hopefully this will please him enough to give us our beds back...
My mom is finally coming home tonight! In the meantime, Wishful Wanda is back in production.
SA51K_SHADER_IDLE.gifZombie is not the only thing people turned into in this town. There is also something else here. Something has many different names in history, the plague, the black oil, the purity, the filth. And now, it's called the shade.
(Maybe too much X-File reference. :kaojoy:)
Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lfxfire2