Jericho Swain

Noxus Tyrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi I am looking for a Japanese Font. Any font would be fine but if I received a variety that would be nice. I can't seem to find where to download Japanese fonts. Thanks!

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
All "windows" computers have Asian fonts installed. I'd assume Mac does too, but I hate apple, so I don't know.

What I do, is go onto a Japanese site and get the characters I need and copy/paste into the project. Work 95% of the time with most modern computers. Not all characters are supported. If you have an Asian keyboard with kanji, you can set RPG Maker to Japanese mode when it plays via script for most RPG Makers.

My computer also does Hymmnos, and in a fanfic game I made, most of the writing for skills and signs are hymmnos. (Hymmnos is the language in the Ar Tonelico games)

ShadowLurk

Tanoshii~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Besides the Windows' default (MS Gothic & MS Mincho), there are many Japanese fonts on the internet. In Wikipedia, you can see this page.

Personally, I use M+ family font. It has a fixed-width variant, which helps when writing codes.

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Check out for starters:

http://www.geocities.jp/ep3797/japanese_fonts.html

It will point you to a good number of Japanese fonts and gives some information on Japanese fonts.

I recommend you get the Tanuki Magic font. (Look for it on that page to find a link to its' site) I've seen that one used in several Japanese VX & VX Ace made games and it is my favorite Japanese font to use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jericho Swain

Noxus Tyrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright am I suppose to change my computer to Japanese before I actually use the Japanese Fonts ? If so can you guys tell me how ? :D Much Thanks :D (cuz they are not working atm >.<)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png
Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starnumb