Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,

I have been searching and I think I'm just bad at searching.

Currently, I'm looking for some nice modern icons, like cell phones, clothing, video game systems, and so on. Anything that gives off a modern feeling and something that fits with these dlcs.

TO get an idea, I'm currently using these dlcs:

Modern+Inner Basic

Modern + Outer Basic

Modern + Study Time.

Shopping spree

The game is modern and it has a university vibe. I'm fine with paid icons if I can find a nice set! Free is always good but really don't mind paying for some modern icons. I buy a lot dlcs and I am happy with it, no regrets here.

Thank you in advance!

Crazya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Depending on the style you want, this thread is hard to find cause it is labled as doodads, but they are perfect 32x32 sized pixelated icons with a lot of modern stuff in there:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm sorry! I mean to write "For rpgmaker MZ" I think icons work both for MV/MZ? I can't remember it's been awhile since I looked into icons haha.

I have seen tons of fantasy icons around but was wondering if there were modern item icons or something. I hope I make sense... that website is intriguing though!

Yup this site has all kinds of icons, try looking into them and see if you like some :D
By style I mean like, silhouette? detailed like vxace? etc.

Crazya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Depending on the style you want, this thread is hard to find cause it is labled as doodads, but they are perfect 32x32 sized pixelated icons with a lot of modern stuff in there:

wow these are cool! I'll be checking these out. Yeah harder to find this haha thank you!

silhouette
Yeah, I'll differently look around. To be honest, I do like the detailed type of icons. They may be hard to find or more expensive, but I feel like they are worth it!

I know Visustella has amazing stuff for fantasy (I think unless I'm incorrect that the emporium is stuff is all "icons") But yeah, does that help?

If there isn't anything super detailed and just decent and pleasing to the eye, I'm all for it. I think part of me has no idea what I'm looking for and hoping for a miracle icon sheet with modern-like items haha. (also the size- as long as it works with rpgmaker mz I'd be happy.)

I'll look at the two things you two shared! I appreciate it.

Crazya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright, I have come up with solutions for people who may look for modern icons in the future.

We have Caz's Pixel Icons that have a few modern scattered around:
Pixel Fantasy REPG Icons 2
Pixel Fantasy Rpg icons Dailies 1
Pixel Fantasy RPG icons Dalies 2
(There may be more from her in the future!)

Then there is Avery's icons the are a few modern items there, all the way down in the middle:
Avery's workshop

Lastly, something I learned recently is, I can pretty much take the modern tilesets I have, (all the ones I have listed in OP that I have bought) and cut them with Gimp/photoshop and use turn them into icons.

I use IconSet Wizard
it's good for doing a few at once. If you know how to do multiple at once, the best bet at this moment is to use the tilesets and turn them into icons. It's genius and I'm surprised I didn't think of it.

I hope this helps people in the future looking for Modern Icons, it's tough but they are out there, maybe not as many as the amazing fantasy icons.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgLord69