Looking for Old RPG MAKER Artist Hanekurabo

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by kaleemmcintyre, Nov 15, 2018.

1. kaleemmcintyre

kaleemmcintyre Blue Folf with Wings! Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Hello,

I don't know where to post something like this, but I'm looking for an old artist named Hanekurabo who posted a lot of RPG Maker artwork (battlers/faceset) because I am using their work in my commercial game and I wanted to make sure that their work was still free to use. I vaguely remember that they posted their work on a community rpg maker board way back in 2014, but said community board is as dead as a fish at a fish fry, so if anyone could send me a link to their new website I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Marquise* likes this.
  2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Marquise* likes this.
  3. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just a note that after you've made every reasonable attempt to find the resource maker (asking here, googling the artist's screen name, looking for archives of that community using Wayback Machine or Google's cached pages, contacting any listed addresses if the download came with readme files, etc.), if you still haven't been able to successfully contact them and your best memory from when you downloaded the work was that it was free for commercial use at that time, then you can go ahead and use the resource.

You will have done your due diligence in trying to confirm your belief that it was allowed use, and if the artist finds their resources being used in a way they don't believe is allowed, they can contact you. In the extremely unlikely scenario they went after you in court, I'd speculate your legal liability would likely be limited to however much you were directly enriched by use of the resource (meaning sales you'd have gotten over and above not using the resource), since you had exhausted every method you had of confirming your honest belief that it was allowed use. In practice, if it turns out to not be allowed use, you'll probably just need to take those resources out of your project and upload the new version without them.

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

5. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just curious, have you tried looking up the board on Wayback Machine? Even if it's the site is now dead you might still be able to pull up the information you need.

Marquise* and GolfHacker like this.
  6. kaleemmcintyre

kaleemmcintyre Blue Folf with Wings! Veteran

First Language:
    english
    This is some of her work.

And it was on the Full Seed Material website where I found it. I tried to find it once, but...it went nowhere. The link to their page wouldn't load, if memory serves.

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been super busy with my game!

Attached Files: