alltheyuriz

The one the only Cat Dad
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi thank you everyone for the suggestions in my other posts and sorry for posting so much. I was wondering if anyone knew of some fairytale styled village tilesets like outside the village not the inside. I have looked and looked and the only ones that I have found are pay to use. If it's able to be editable that would be great too. Thank you guys for the help again

Sethorion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have collected some opensource tilesets over the years, as I find them. They are almost universally lower quality than what you can get for $5-15.

That being said, itch.io has a lot of really great free assets: https://itch.io/game-assets

alltheyuriz

The one the only Cat Dad
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Sethorion it's not like im complaining i just don't have money right now to be paying for them. bills and such

Sethorion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, I totally get that. I promise that isn't what I'm implying. What I said above still stands, but I also dabble in pixel art if you want some help building the kind of tileset you want (actual help, not just direction and moral support)
:)

alltheyuriz

The one the only Cat Dad
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, I totally get that. I promise that isn't what I'm implying. What I said above still stands, but I also dabble in pixel art if you want some help building the kind of tileset you want (actual help, not just direction and moral support)
:)
thank you for the offer i'll let you know! thanks

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you say fairy tale, do you mean like Disney fantasy? Or huts on fowl legs? Giant mushrooms? What are we talking here?

Sethorion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Super cool. Something you can do is mis-and-match open source tilesets, make the adjustments you want (adding mushrooms to grass/trees, fixing general color/saturation to approximate matching colors), then use color indexing (photoshop, asprite, or similar programs) to narrow the range of colors to the exact palette you want.

These three are free and should give you lots of room to modify and add tiles/colors/etc. These are three of my favorites.

Last edited:

Sethorion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Outside_D.pngCan somebody give this a test drive? It's working well for me, so far.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.
It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Even more things I made.
Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif
demonow.jpg

Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace Alpha Demo is Officially LIVE on Steam!

>> DOWNLOAD AND PLAY THE DEMO ON STEAM NOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllieFigure8