Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
LOGO2.png

Hello folks!

I'm the developer of a game called Pickin' Panki and I'm in need of playtesters.

This game focuses on exploration and finding secrets. That's what you'll be doing for most of the time, so if you're into old Zelda-games and similar titles, this might be for you! A good chunk of the game is optional content, but the end can be reached in around 12 hours of playtime. The version I'll send out is a build that allows you to save anywhere, as well as skip to later areas in the game in order to make the whole thing quicker and easier.

So what needs to be done? First and foremost, I need people to play the game from start to finish. Up until now I've done most of the playtesting myself, but for the full release I'm gonna need some assistance. Help me hunt down bugs and weird glitches. I'm also interested in general feedback. So tell me about your experience!

As a playtester you'll be included in the game's credits and as a token of gratitude you'll recieve a personal thank you note and doodle. DM me if this sounds interesting!

Synopsis:

The focus of this game is exploration, discovery and reward. It aims to capture the simple look and feel of games like Link's Awakening and Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru.

EATING:
There are many types of food in this world. The kid never has to go hungry. When you eat something it will increase your maximum energy limit. The increase varies depending on the type of food, but every little piece matters.

FIGHTING:
When standing face to face with a monster it is time to test your strength. The fight command makes the kid engage the monster, but the method of attack is all up to him. The kid will lose energy whenever he takes a hit. If his energy meter gets low he will not try his very best. Restore his energy by giving him fruit drinks.

EXPLORING:
Sometimes you will stumble upon a mysterious hole or a cave. You can explore these at your own pace! The kid is so strong he can shatter rocks with his bare fists. This lets you dig through walls and dirt that may seem impassable at first. A curious adventurer may find both food and treasure hidden deep underground.

* The full release of the game will include a 40-page instruction booklet. Complete with item descriptions, sneaky game hints, as well as character art and profiles.

Engine: RPG Maker Ace VX
Positions needed: Playtester
My position: Developer

More information, art and a playable demo can be found
here!

DEMO_SCREEN1.png

DEMO_SCREEN2.png

DEMO_SCREEN3.png

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll playtest it, gonna download the demo. I'll write up some notes and send them to you ^^

Christian777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This looks really good and interesting, i love to see good games made with RPG Maker, wish i could have more time to test it myself though, but good luck!

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
:(
Lol alright, so normally I would stop playtesting immediately right now and forget this game, but it is so charming. Unfortunately, I died fighting a lion because there are no instructions that I could find that tell you how to run, even though an NPC just moments before told me I can run from battles.

I don't know if that means run from the map character, or run once you're in the battle. Anyway, I died and lost progress, and I had no way of knowing this enemy would be so high level compared to my character.

I hate when games make you kill yourself to learn that doing something will kill you. Normally stuff like this I'd be done right now, but everything else is so beautiful, I'd like to give it another chance.

Please, can you tell me if and how I can run from battle? Did I really have to get killed by this creature and restart, just to learn not to fight that creature?

Last edited:

Harkenman001

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
:(
Lol alright, so normally I would stop playtesting immediately right now and forget this game, but it is so charming. Unfortunately, I died fighting a lion because there are no instructions that I could find that tell you how to run, even though an NPC just moments before told me I can run from battles.

I don't know if that means run from the map character, or run once you're in the battle. Anyway, I died and lost progress, and I had no way of knowing this enemy would be so high level compared to my character.

I hate when games make you kill yourself to learn that doing something will kill you. Normally stuff like this I'd be done right now, but everything else is so beautiful, I'd like to give it another chance.

Please, can you tell me if and how I can run from battle? Did I really have to get killed by this creature and restart, just to learn not to fight that creature?
Hey, thanks for checking it out! The demo I linked to is an old one so you don't have to point out any bugs you find.

There is a run command if you keep scrolling the command list. Most of the mechanics in the game like the commands are mentioned in the instruction booklet. The demo has some pages included in the demo booklet folder.

I'm glad you seem generally positive though. Let me know if you wanna playtest the full version!

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh I didn't realize that was out of date, I want to test the new one PLEASE. This did something to my heart/soul!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's a sample of some pixel edits I made.

Maybe for use as sidewalks.

If you want to use them, Credit me and Enterbrain for this. Only for use with rpgmaker vxace
If there are any mods or admins online, could you please see about the re-translation pages for RPG Maker MV? They are all down :rsad:
Werewolf cons: you lose control of yourself once a month and could accidentally kill your friends. Vampire cons: no garlic bread. The choice is simple. Werewolf for sure.
2 huge market drops in 2 days. So glad I sold my non-dividend stocks about 2 weeks ago. And if the dividend ones drop heavily, hey more cheap stocks for me!
My tutorial is live! It covers using Yanfly's weapon unleash to replace the basic attack skill with a more dynamic version depending on which weapon type the actor has equipped. It also includes how to import a custom function used to generate a random number within supplied minimum and maximum values, used in the replaced skills, to give weapons a set damage range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkyyy