Looking for some help with finding a command for a visual novel plugin.

dealwithitdewott

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not too long ago I got my hands on a pretty handy plugin for doing visual novels in RPG Maker MV, but the thing is that the dialogue almost always shows up in a NVL format, which for the uninformed is basically when the text takes up the entire screen, usually with a black semi transparent layer behind it letting you see the sprites. Stuff like the When They Cry series or the Fate series have used this style often.
Anyways, my intent is to disable the NVL format, as I'd much rather have a style more akin to the ADV style of dialogue, which is basically more akin to the default RPG Maker messaging system, which can be repurposed to be an ADV style dialogue box.

You can find the plugin here: https://github.com/triacontane/RPGMakerMV/blob/master/NobleMushroom.js
I'm not choosing to disable it, the ability to pause mid dialogue in it is nicer and more polished than some plugins that I've seen purely dedicated to that alone.
The plugin is mostly in Japanese, so perhaps there's something that I'm missing here written somewhere in there. I'm not too sure myself, so some help would be nice.

arsMori

Drawer of Images
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'd want to set the InitialViewType plugin parameter to 0, or "Normal".

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main game of my trilo/saga 50%OFF on Steam..... its now or never more
I swap between Ace and MZ so I can stay fresh but - what do you mean you can use subfolders in the plugin's folder for easier organization!?
Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!
Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrlimbs