Looking for someone or a service to translate a Japanese RPG Maker 2000 fangame

Smileyfan123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Hello! I am trying to find someone or a service which can translate an update to the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fangame 'The 7th Stand User'. I lack both the experience in RPG Maker and any knowledge of the Japanese language, which is why I'm trying to find a way for this translation to happen. It has already been translated up to version 2.48 but the current version is 2.53. The largest addition is a 'Chaos Mode' which randomly alters many events in the story, potentially to a story changing level.

There have been past attempts to pick up the translation effort but they have all seemingly fizzled out. Unfortunately I cannot provide much information about the specifics of the work needed, as besides an entry on the Japanese wiki for the game and various small descriptions from around the internet, there is little I have found out about the exact amount of content added. However, I do not believe it is a particularly large amount, as what I have learnt suggests that the largest amount of content resides in a new party member, a side story and the endings which stem from certain random events. The rest of the content seems to be more about adding little bits of flavour for multiple playthroughs. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and can only provide these links to help with any potential effort:

This is the link to the game's website: clayman.net/game/

This is the link to the Japanese wiki's page on Chaos Mode: https://w.atwiki.jp/7thjojo/sp/pages/180.html (There are detailed descriptions hidden to the right, you have to click and drag to see them.)

This is the link to the finished 2.48 translation:
This is the link to a 2017 translation attempt: https://7thjojotranslator.tumblr.com/

This is the link to a 2019 translation attempt, which did translate all of the Japan area's Chaos Mode content: https://chaosanontranslate.tumblr.com/

This is an image showing the creator, Clayman, giving their consent for a translation: https://ibb.co/wymH6Th

If this is the incorrect place to post this then I apologise, a moderator suggested Video Games after I made an initial attempt at this post in the RPG Maker 2000 forum.

Last edited:

Smileyfan123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I have good news! By using vgperson's translation tool, I have imported the translated strings and re-extracted the strings, so that all the translated work is there and you can easily see the untranslated stuff. Because you can just re-import these as well, it means you don't have to wrestle with RPG Maker 2000 and scour maps as much. Hopefully this can give a much clearer idea of how much work there is. I've only gone through a little bit, so I don't have a list of all the untranslated content, but I'll post the files here so that anyone who wants to go through them can.

And here's a copy of the game I applied the strings to (I don't think you do, but you may have to emulate a Japanese locale with 7-zip and extract the files for it to work)

Use the easyRPG player if you don't have or don't want to emulate a locale, otherwise just emulate the locale on the game exe.

Sorry if this was an obvious thing to do, I was just messing around to see what I could do to find out what exactly had to be translated and this wasn't something I had tried before.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I have bad news! When combing through some of the files with a machine translator I noticed some discrepancies in the dialogue. While yet again, this may have been obvious, it seems that the smooshing process may have erased some sections of dialogue in the maps. Because of this I would not recommend using these for translating. Sorry for any confusion and sorry for the irresponsibility on my part for not inspecting these as thoroughly as I should have when I uploaded them.

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this your game?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry - I missed that. It was a very long post.

Smileyfan123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Sorry - I missed that. It was a very long post.
Yeah, sorry about that. I tried to make it shorter but making a request like this means I have to put in some detail.

Last edited:

Smileyfan123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Sorry if this is a bad reason to bump this thread, but if anyone knows anyone who has previously translated RPG Maker 2000 games and might be open to doing another then I would really appreciate it. I've already contacted vgperson but I'm struggling to find others.

Smileyfan123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Interesting screens, I may know some people that can help.
Sorry for the late reply. I would really appreciate any help with this, so if you can point me in the right direction that would be great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ahh, end of the day stinky feet, fresh out of the boots. Smells like a job well done. Seriously, I have to rinse my feet when I get home, or it's not fair to my wife.
Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Can't believe I forgot to put an image of my drawing pad! It looks kinda like this, maybe I'll get a better pic tomorrow...
Backup tip: If you don't want to back up your whole project every day, at least back up everything *except* your Image and Audio folders, which you can do weekly/as needed/etc.
The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elskampo