FREE Looking for spriters, writers, coders for high-fantasy, character driven adventure: Guildmaster: Langris

Zaeran

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
GuildMasterLangrisTitleBit.png

Engine: RPG Maker: MV

Main Game Thread

Main Website

Synopsis: I am making an RPG companion to a board game I designed, called Guildmaster: Langris (GM:L).

GM:L is set in the island of Langris where various Guilds vie for honor by completing quests and recruiting talented allies to gain Prestige. By utilizing the 5 main societal attributes in the world: Power, Magic, Wealth, Culture and Wisdom, a Guild can become the greatest in the land by gaining the most valued attribute: Prestige!

Guild Master: Langris follows a young woman (named Rudne by default) who returns to her birthplace in Langris upon invitation from her Grandmother, a famous "Guildie"(a member of a guild). Upon arrival, Rudne is given the opportunity to become a Guildmaster. Should she accept, Rudne will be in charge of completing quests, recruiting guildies, and investing in the guild's base, facilities and ventures, in hopes of this new guild leaving a legacy in the land of Langris while solving a dark mystery that threatens the continent!

Guild Master: Langris' gameplay focuses on a few aspects: Exploration, Dungeon Delving, Building, Comprehensive Combat, Recruitment and Story & Character Progression. As Rudne, you will get to explore the many storied lands of Langris, from the mystic ruin filled southern kingdom of Grisford, to the five beast clans in the Land of Fang & Claw, to the mysterious scarred landscape of the Ashlands in the center of the continent, and many more locales. With Dungeon-Delving being a major way to explore and find great new resources, you can build onto your Guild's property and build new weapons, armor and items for Rudne and her guild mates. As you explore, no good RPG would be good without good combat! My hope for the combat of Guild Master: Langris is to create a combat system that rewards a mastery of its elements. Opening up new opportunities for players who learn their enemies weaknesses and exploit them, while creating challenging and dynamic battles that require strategy as the game goes on. All of this will lend to a story where Rudne has many choices that will shape her and her guild's reputation, allowing her to recruit 20+ characters from around Langris, to join her exploits to become the most prestigious guild in all of the land.

I am currently using Time Fantasy Assets (tiles and sprites) while using custom Fire Emblem GBA style portraits (Faces) and will probably continue as the basis for the project going forward, so familiarity with these color palettes, style of those sets is a plus for pixel artists in this project. I don't require any extensive knowledge, as I value willingness and punctuality over experience in this particular project.

Positions/Roles Needed:
High Priority: Pixel Artist (Primarily need a pixel artist who can make GBA Fire Emblem Style Portraits for characters, need sprites designed for unique characters, battle animations etc.)
Sprite Editor
Would like:
Writer
for questlines, character story arcs etc., NPC dialogue.

Mapper (To make some of the dungeon maps, to give feedback on some of the other city maps etc.)

Programmer (integrating plugins, maybe creating custom plugins, integrating scripting into skills, designing menus etc.)

My Role(s)/Position(s): Project Lead, Head Writer, Battle Designer, putting things together for the complete game. I will be doing much of the project and team coordination through Milanote. I currently have a Sound Designer working on key music for the game. I have worked as a lead designer for software implementation in my time as an IT professional, and will be using that expertise to learn how to manage game development well, as game dev is what I would like to do as a career in the future. Guild Master: Langris is the first of many (hopefully)!

If you are interested, please notify me with what position/area you're interested in working. I look forward to hearing from you!

Last edited:

Zaeran

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated for more info, bumping to ask again!

AxelNinjaGamer

Random Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’m not sure if your still looking, but I like to think I’m a pretty good mapper and writer, especially when it comes to puzzles and lore.
This seems like a really cool project, and I’d love to learn more about it.

Zaeran

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’m not sure if your still looking, but I like to think I’m a pretty good mapper and writer, especially when it comes to puzzles and lore.
This seems like a really cool project, and I’d love to learn more about it.
Awesome! Certainly still looking, I can PM you about some more info!

bernie44

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey, i am some what new to the forums and i'm a decent writer, good at world building(mapping) and recently pixel drawing, though i have 0 experience on characters, i believe i can help when it come to specif tialsets and willing to help on design your npc/characters . and am a very good at drawing.

Zaeran

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey, i am some what new to the forums and i'm a decent writer, good at world building(mapping) and recently pixel drawing, though i have 0 experience on characters, i believe i can help when it come to specif tialsets and willing to help on design your npc/characters . and am a very good at drawing.
Hey @bernie44 ! Do you have a portfolio or examples of your work?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Make a Game in RMMZ Streams are going to remain in hiatus this week. Too much to do! 4 things will be announced on Monday though! Look forward to that.
Typed a long-ish reply to a post... forgot to actually HIT the post button, and moved to a different page.... finally noticed, don't remember what all I had typed and don't feel like trying to re-type it all.... smh....
Their tactics are evolving. They've learned to call for help when cornered. Never trust a mammal!
Good morning all. I still have a post up on video editing for cinematic trailers. Please make sure to check that out and give me a message as its still active in offers.
Hey everyone! I'm back :D

Snow White? More like Snowhere to be seen amiright? Hahaha I'm so sorry!! :kaocry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anselmo00