Looking for TileA1 template for RPG Maker MV

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by c0sa, Apr 5, 2017.

1. c0sa

c0sa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hi guys!
    I've been trying to look everywhere but I couldn't find anything.
    Basically I want a template for the Tile A1 for RPG MAKER MV. I'm trying to do a water tile but I don't know the correct grid.

Thanks!

2. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The help file has a visual representation of things, that may help. Here's a template anyway. I hope this is what you wanted.

a1template.png

A1 has an extremely similar layout to A2. The differences are what's in each section. The auto tile setup is exactly the same as an A2 auto tile. There are 8 slots of auto tiles horizontally and 4 slots vertically. Slots 1, 2, and 3 (blue) are the frames for a single tile (usually water, doesn't have to be), side by side. Slot 2 (light blue) is the one that gets repeated when it's animated. Slot 4 and the one just below it (brown/orange) are static auto tiles which can be put on a transparent background. These are for putting decoration inside of the first autotile animation set. When used in the editor the transparency is automatically filled in with the first auto tile. Slot 8 and the others like it (grey) are what I consider waterfall tiles. They don't have to be waterfalls but it helps to think of them that way to understand the animation works. The left and right side work like a cross section of an autotile, the middle 16 (or 24 in mv) pixels are repeated in a pattern when drawn out horizontally and the 8 (12) pixels are the edges. The next two rows are the animations, the center being the part that gets repeated as it animates.

I hope this helps. Water tiles are hard.

3. c0sa

c0sa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Nice! Thanks!
    So basically, if we only focus on the water, I need to draw my water on (3) 16px 16px horizontal and (4) 16px 16px vertical tiles? That's how it's generated the auto-tile in MV?

4. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Not quite. That template is set up for Ace anyway. Okay, so here's another one, this time for MV, which shows better how the actual autotile is set up.

a1template2.png

Lets just look at the blue part in the top right corner. The different shades of blue represent your basic autotile setup. Autotiles themselves are crazy confusing and I doubt I'll do better explaining than the existing tutorials so I'm just going to sum it up. The dark blues are corners, daker for outer edge, true blue for inner edge. Sky blue is the sides, light blue is the actual repeating section. This is the same autotile set up as A2 tiles. The next two slots, the green autotile and the blue one, going right, are the next two frames of the animation. They'll look mostly the same as that first autotile, but with the changes for what's going to be moving.

It may help to load this template directly into the editor and start drawing with it to see when each color comes up when mapped in different ways.

Since this has become more about making A1 tiles I'm going to move this over to Resource Support.

VitaliaDi, Leanne and c0sa like this.
  5. c0sa

c0sa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Yep, exactly what I wanted and couldn't find anywhere.
    Thanks a lot again!!