Looking for utilities does enemies and actors stat calculation.

XinChao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm looking for utilities or program does calculation of enemies and actors  damage...etc.

Example, utilities where you put the

Actors stat

Weapon stat

Skill stat

...etc.

And then put in

Enemy stat

...etc.

Then do the calculation to see how much (actor stats + weapon + cast skill) does damage on (enemy stat + armor + status) = result how much HP left.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
well, damage formulas will vary from 1 skill to another, so doing that, you would need to supply a damage formula too... If I think about it, getting a calculator is much faster... or try it out directly in the engine...

Though there was a thread here in which the creator posted pics of his excel file which was configured to do these calculations... look for it...

Last edited by a moderator:

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're better off just doing battle tests and setting the skill variances to 0.  Then you can record them on pen&paper (or notepad / ms word / excel / etc.) and compare with other stuff.

Excel spreadsheets would be the most efficient, but yeah as adi mentioned every skill would use different formulas anyways.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
the time it will take you to fill up those blanks and set-up the battle formula would probably be much longer than hitting playtest button...

we cannot make a general app for that too, mainly because you yourself can alter the flow of damage calculations, or you might have had a script that adds additional modifiers... all of those possibilities cannot be accounted for by anyone other than YOU... which makes creating a general use app for it quite senseless...

and as I said, even if it exists: "the time it will take you to fill up those blanks and set-up the battle formula would probably be much longer than hitting playtest button..."

why input all those values again into another app when it's already set-up in your game, and testing it is just a few clicks away???

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As said before, the game is too variable to allow for such utilities. You would need to make averages of every skill damage, then average that around the action pattern of an enemy and test that against different actors and so on - and that doesn't even take into account that a skill that sets a state like weakness against specific damage types or confusion (random targeting) will kick all averages out of the window.

That said, I agree that it's helpfull to plan for your game balance - but you can't do that by simulating the battles.

Your best option is to use a calculating program like Excel or Calc to make tables of values and have it compare the averages, then make real playtests based on that data ingame.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The damage formulas are well-defined. I don't know why this would be a hard task. You just need to supply all the parameters. In fact someone already did an excel sheet I believe for "game balancing" purposes.

This is a lot easier than trying to write scripts.

well, damage formulas will vary from 1 skill to another, so doing that, you would need to supply a damage formula too... If I think about it, getting a calculator is much faster... or try it out directly in the engine...
And...these formulas can be copy pasted from the database straight into the spreadsheet.

You can even write a script that will create the input file for you.

How is it FASTER to have to repeatedly enter the exact same formula every time or have to load up battle test every time to run a sequence of 100 attacks?

That's a terrible way to do battle simulations.

we cannot make a general app for that too, mainly because you yourself can alter the flow of damage calculations, or you might have had a script that adds additional modifiers... all of those possibilities cannot be accounted for by anyone other than YOU... which makes creating a general use app for it quite senseless...
Excel is a general app that can accomplish that extremely easily.

That's what it means to be a "general app"

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, assuming you already have that excel file... which I also already told him about on my first post... 

Though there was a thread here in which the creator posted pics of his excel file which was configured to do these calculations... look for it...

XinChao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Excel sounds good. I should have thought about Excel.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

For those with up to 9 elements of magic; how do you structure your database. By element? Or by what is offensive vs supportive spells?
would anyone here be interested in rough concept art for the main protagonist of my game that might get changed later? :kaoswt2:
I guess I have no idea how to properly upload a custom font lmao. The menu fonts are too damn small.

Font_Size.PNG
Dev be like: "I'll make the character goes amnesia so I could explain the world and the lore better and immersive to the players"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rpgmaker_mf