FREE Looking for voice actors. Shouldn't take more than a day.

akkomizuki

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all! I'm looking for voice actors to play certain characters in my upcoming game SEKOMI.

You play as Makoto Kirigawa who after getting framed for his father's murder and serving ten years in prison, teams up with old friends and tracks down the person who killed his father and intends to bring the killer to justice. Along the way, he unravels his father's past and dark secrets that have been buried. The game is recommended for everyone eighteen or above.

SEKOMI takes place in the town of Saikimicho, Japan. Over 60+ side quests are available where you do all sorts of things from catching a resturant critic known for burning down resturants in the act to helping a tour guide who's stuck in the public toilets with guiding people around the town.

There are Main Quests where you play through SEKOMI's story, Civilian Quests where you help the people around town, Chain Quests where you help a certain character with their problems through several quests and Love Quests where Makoto can go on dates. There are also collectibles scattered around town, from taking photos of landmarks to petting cats.

The game is currently being developed in RPG Maker MV.

The voice work will be nothing major, just noises, grunts and short and simple voice lines that'll spice up dialogue scenes. (Laughs, Happy sounds, Anger, a sentence worth of voice lines etc). It shouldn't take more than a day or two to record everything necessary, hopefully. Most of the voice work will be done for side quest characters, although some are major roles in the game's story (protagonists, important characters, unique side quest characters).

I am looking for people who have a little experience with prior voice work but anyone could chip in if they feel like!

ROLES AVAILABLE (this is list is subject to change):
  1. Ryujin Sakamoto, 29 years old. (available) - The secondary protagonist and Makoto's best friend. Cracks jokes and one liners but takes tough situations quite seriously. Would give his life for Makoto and Emi if he ever got the opportunity.

2. RYOMA KIRAGAWA, 47 years old. (available) - An important character. Makoto and Emi's father. A loving father, he had to turn to a life of crime after his wife and mother of Makoto and Emi died in a car accident when he was in his 20s. Failing to financially support him and his kids, he saw it as the only option. He destroyed the criminal organization he was once part off and got several notorious Chinese criminals killed or arrested after been trying to get out of the life for years.

3. XU LINGXIN / MASURU KOBE, 54 years old. (available) - The main antagonist. Has a criminal past dating back to the late 80s. Careless but dedicated to getting what he wants and will not stop until he gets it. Responsible for killing famous Chinese businessman Yan Mei and actress Qie Mei. The murderer of Makoto's father Ryoma in a revenge killing. Corrupt police officer Kenji Myoga helped Kobe stay off the radar in exchange of being paid 300 000 yen every month.

4. KENJI MYOGA, 51 years old. (available) - The secondary antagonist. Famous police officer who retired in 2009. He was on TV for years, even after his retirement, and had video games made about him. He is often remembered fondly by the masses and has become a Japanese cultural icon. Behind the scenes, Myoga often took bribes from criminals and put innocent people in prison, sometimes even getting people killed. He was also accused of sexually harassing women throughout his entire police career, although these allegations never went anywhere as most witnesses had either nothing to say or sometimes went missing. Secretly a friend of Masuru Kobe and aided him with the assassination of Ryoma Kiragawa.

5. WEI MINGYU, 49 years old. (unavailable) - An important character. He is the best friend of Ryoma Kiragawa, the few that survived until 2016. Has a criminal past which he has put behind him. Escaped the criminal life with the help of Ryoma Kiragawa and has not been in contact with him since 1997, though he still remembers him very fondly. Runs a karate school in Saikimicho, helping the local youth to "help them choose the right path, which i failed to do at their age."

6. THE COLLECTOR, 41 years old. (available) - A side character. He is a homeless, somewhat crazy but kind person living on the rooftop of an abandoned building in Saikimicho in his cardboard fort. His real name is not known, although he was given the nickname "Collector" due to his avid collection of various items. Was once a successful businessman but ended up sleeping on the streets. Even then, he's happy with how his life is and wouldn't have it any other way. Calls his best friends "my boy!" or "my lady!". He has his own series of Chain Quests.

1. TOMOKO YOKOYAMA, 23 years old. - A side character. Tomoko is a kind and respectful woman. She is a journalist who is determined to get "the big scoop", whatever it takes. She's often seen putting herself in extremely dangerous situations in order to get a good story. She has her own series of Chain Quests.

2. SABURO HASHIMOTO, 54 years old. - A side character for the most part. Owner of Saburo's, a bar in Saikimicho. Allows Makoto and the party to have their first safehouse in his attic. He teaches the player new skill moves you can only learn from him. He also becomes an optional boss fight once every single skill move has been learned. He is an ex-Yakuza but still a kind and gentle soul.

3. Side Quest Female 1, young. (19 - 29) - Simple voice lines and sounds for a female character in a Civilian Quest.

4. Side Quest Female 2, young (19 - 28) - Simple voice lines and sounds for a female character in a Civilian Quest.

5. Side Quest Female 1, mature. (30 -50) - Simple voices lines and sounds for a female character in a Civilian Quest.

6. Side Quest Female 2, mature. (30 -50) - Simple voices lines and sounds for a female character in a Civilian Quest.

Side Quest Female 1, old. (50 - 70) - Simple voices lines and sounds for a female character in a Civilian Quest.

7. Side Quest Male 1, young. (19 -29) - Simple voices lines and sounds for a male character in a Civilian Quest.

8. Side Quest Male 2, young. (19 -29) - Simple voices lines and sounds for a male character in a Civilian Quest.

9. Side Quest Male 1, mature. (19 -29) - Simple voices lines and sounds for a male character in a Civilian Quest.

10. Side Quest Male 2, mature. (19 -29) - Simple voices lines and sounds for a male character in a Civilian Quest.

11. Side Quest Male 1, old. (50 - 70) - Simple voices lines and sounds for a male character in a Civilian Quest.

No payment will be provided, this is purely a passion project!

CONTACT INFO:
Email: akkochakoo@gmail.com
Discord: Abby Mizuki#9590

Last edited:

Avelon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
This seems cool. Are you looking for just people with past experience, or is anyone able to help out?

akkomizuki

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This seems cool. Are you looking for just people with past experience, or is anyone able to help out?
If you have past experience, that would really help out a lot!
Anyone can help out if they want to, though!

Last edited:

gabrieldiastche

Gabriel Dias
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you wanna, I can try it a Side Quest Character :D
PM me with more details, I would love to try it :D

Avelon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Sent a friend request on Discord.

TheFlerffyBurr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can do some Voice Work, I have can do male voices for young adults - old men

akkomizuki

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just so you all know, there are many roles which are still available! :kaoluv:

den399

Always be moving forward.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. Are you still looking for some volunteers? I would be interested to try. =)

Edit: Whoops, sorry, I read the post date and not your latest message =P Yes. If you are still in need for a male voice, I would like to try and help. I'll send a friend request to discord.

Last edited:

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can try and do some. I don't have any professional experience or anything, but I can do male or androgynous voices. I'm most interested in Ryujin, but any young male character should be OK.

akkomizuki

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can try and do some. I don't have any professional experience or anything, but I can do male or androgynous voices. I'm most interested in Ryujin, but any young male character should be OK.
Sounds great! Please get in contact with me when you can. :3

Agileo101

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Do you still need a voice actor? I can do child (both gender) and women in all age range (teen, middle age and old lady)

Anthony Xue

Ancient Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
So... I do have acting experience, though more on a live stage. Could see myself doing (3) or (4), unless you want them to specifically sound Japanese.

You're not exactly giving much detail on the practical side, though. My general assumption would be that we record samples on our own and send them to you, but "it should all be done within one day" sounds a little like you want to make an event of it (which would make sense for dialogues, don't get me wrong)? Maybe spell that out a little.

akkomizuki

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So... I do have acting experience, though more on a live stage. Could see myself doing (3) or (4), unless you want them to specifically sound Japanese.

You're not exactly giving much detail on the practical side, though. My general assumption would be that we record samples on our own and send them to you, but "it should all be done within one day" sounds a little like you want to make an event of it (which would make sense for dialogues, don't get me wrong)? Maybe spell that out a little.
Yeah! People record or send older samples and i take a listen, see what works best.

I mean the whole "shouldn't take more than a day" as in that recording everything should be pretty fast since it isn't a whole lot of voice work. It's all noises, grunts and simple lines. It will not take very long, i'd imagine. A day or two is just my estimation of how long it'll take for most people.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

HexMozart88 wrote on RHachicho's profile.
Hey wait a minute, I remember you!
Granny.gif
Nap! Knit! Read! Repeat!
Granny's got a busy life now :3
Бас Лого.png
Reflections on the topic of choosing the path of the main character )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
estanislao21