Looking for way to refresh Player Status in Menu without changing maps

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by St1rge, Jul 11, 2019.

1. St1rge

St1rge Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there!

Plugins used: Yanfly's Main Menu / Auto Passive States

I have a character who can toggle between 1 of 3 Auto Passive States at a time.
    They have a Field Only skill that pulls up a Common Event that turns one of these States at a time, turning the others off.

Trouble: The icon for the newly chosen State doesn't auto-update and the old one still shows under the character's profile of the main menu. I either need to use another Field Only skill, enter combat, or go to a new map for the icon to change. The ability works but the player wouldn't be able to know that.

I've tried refreshing the map I'm currently on but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

2. St1rge

St1rge Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bump!

3. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there some reason they need to be passive states, or could you just have the event add/remove "normal" states? :)

4. St1rge

St1rge Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Edit - update below.

Hahaha, I love your smiley face at the end there caethyril - you are totally right. I went with the more convoluted solution and that made me overthink it. The ability evolved over playtesting and me thinking of Autopassive made sense at the start but doesn't matter now at all. Thank you so much - that solved my issue.

UPDATE - Turns out I did need to use Auto Passive States - I wanted the state to conditionally be in effect when the character was a 50% hp or above - I could get a normal state to be removed at 50%, but not come back on their own when the character healed above 50% after.

I did find a solution to my problem though if anyone else runs into this - after turning on and off the Switches, I add a State to the entire party, then remove that State the next line of code. The updating of that regular State refreshes the menu icons.

Thanks again!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    caethyril likes this.