Taikutsuna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’m looking to add a little arcade or game event for character’s computers. I am leaning towards making a Pixel Game maker level and somehow incorporating it into my RPG maker game.
Does anyone know of a plug-in or event sequencing that would allow me to create an event in RPGMMV, that would open a created Pixel maker game level?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are asking for a plugin that simulates an entire game engine?

If you just want a sidescroller, there may be plugins that do that. I've seen a couple of sidescroller games made in MV (or at least in development) but I don't know if they have released their code as plugins.

Maybe check out makerdevs.com - I don't think you're going to get anyone to write one for you for free.

Taikutsuna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are asking for a plugin that simulates an entire game engine?

If you just want a sidescroller, there may be plugins that do that. I've seen a couple of sidescroller games made in MV (or at least in development) but I don't know if they have released their code as plugins.

Maybe check out makerdevs.com - I don't think you're going to get anyone to write one for you for free.
No, I know they are different engines. I’m looking to create a game or game level on Pixel game maker and be able to open that from an event on RPG maker.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it might be possible, maybe not, if it's just a map, recreate that map in MV,
it might use different tilesizes, and events in pixel maker works different.

so you can create a parallax map, import that (size of tiles x48)
otherwise, use resolution size, and event things that should happen.

I dont know how pixel maker exactly work, or what events is used, but those
events wont work in MV, so you have to re-create them because a plugin for
this can probably rather be difficult or no intrest if they dont own pixel maker.

it is also depending what events is used, what it does, how the level works
2D, platform, etc.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Some possibilities:
  1. Navigate the current window to a new page, e.g.
    JavaScript:
    location.href = "https://nwjs.readthedocs.io"

2. Open a new window/tab, e.g.
    JavaScript:
    window.open("../PMMV_Game/index.html");

3. Launch a new system process, e.g.
    JavaScript:
    nw.Shell.openExternal('explorer.exe');
I don't remember what file structure PGMMV games use...you'll need to check yours to find the appropriate path. Note that playtest launches from an app in RMMV's install folder, so if you want to use relative paths then I suggest testing on a deployed version.

If you need to pass in game boot settings from a manifest file (e.g. package.json) then I think you'll have to manually load that file (e.g. using XHR) and apply it somehow (e.g. via the second argument of the open method).

Reference:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I don't believe it. I actually did some proofreading in my game - and fixed some grammar errors! I feel so accomplished, knowing I can actually proofread my own writing!
...I've had a bad day, okay? Bad enough for me to want to proofread stuff. :yswt2:
Ughhh, July is not my month. Thankfully, it's nearly done.

I fixed the lips and noses for MZ! The files have been updated.
qQwgk8C.png

Everything below!
Ugh, I opened MV after a few weeks and I'm completely lost on what I was working on.
Does it happen to someone else or am I the only disorganized one around? :kaoswt:
xH5Fk2f.jpg
Today was not a really productive day, but at least i got some bust sketches going <3
E7QXZHNXoAIkpG8
hmm in exploring MZ with FOSSIL... I see I'll probably need to stick with MV for now as none of the menu altering plugins I use work on MZ lol. and I don't have the money to dump into what I would need in some cases to update plugins to their MZ versions. Everytime I think of converting, 5 or more reasons popup on why I shouldn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Small_gnome