Kamayak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
I have made a desert map that loops, when the player enters the map they are traped :(

The idea was that the map was going to work as an event with 2 (well 3) possible exits, moving in a pattern to get to

exit 1 or exit 2 or just move left three times to exit the map back to where you came from.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :D

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well at some point you need to make a transfer to another map/spot or else of course they are going to be trapped. You can use conditional branches so that transfers only occur if the player is facing a specific direction. You could probably use switches to adjust the event transfers as the player uses them so that certain ones/activate/deactivate. 

Last edited by a moderator:

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you tell us a little more about the exit patterns? :)

Kamayak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
Can you tell us a little more about the exit patterns? :)

Sure! ? I was thinking that moving 3 tiles to the left at Any point on the map would return the worldmap left of the desert.

Moving 3 tiles to the right followed by 4 down, 2 right and 5 down will get you to an oasis.

Moving 5 right, 2 up, 4 right, 6 up and 1 left will take the player to a mountain pass.

Straying from the path more than 3 tiles should result in a "seems like we are lost, better turn back"

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Initialize a variable named LeftExit equal to 0 at the start of your game.

A conditional branch should check if LeftExit >= 3

If so

Left Exit = 0

and the player exits the maze.

Otherwise

it will add +1 to the variable named LeftExit.

End

Complex path to oasis. But you can make it by checking with the same logic 3 times right.

If 3 times right occurs then you set a switch 3ROK = ON.

Thus you can go on to check for 4 down.

Otherwise everything resets to default.

Don't forget to reset everything on game start and every time the player does something wrong.

Variables to be used:

3right

4down

2right

5Down

Switches to be used:

2ROK (2 right OK)

4DOK

3ROK

5DOK

Same logic goes with the others.

To stray, when wrong it does not matter where you go after first mistake. You set a switch mistake on, you set wrongstep variable = 1 and every step you take you set

wrongstep+1

If it is 3, you set mistake off and wrongstep to 0 and go wherever you want by default end up.

I tried to explain something complex as clear as possible to you using the forum, so hope you got an idea on what to do.

Kamayak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
I thought I had it based on what you said Dreadshadow but the event I came up with is not working...

I belive I'm staring the problem face to face but I just left my glasses at home... 

exitleft.jpg

Kamayak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
Initialize a variable named LeftExit equal to 0 at the start of your game.

A conditional branch should check if LeftExit >= 3

If so

Left Exit = 0

and the player exits the maze.

Otherwise

it will add +1 to the variable named LeftExit.

End

Complex path to oasis. But you can make it by checking with the same logic 3 times right.

If 3 times right occurs then you set a switch 3ROK = ON.

Thus you can go on to check for 4 down.

Otherwise everything resets to default.

Don't forget to reset everything on game start and every time the player does something wrong.

Variables to be used:

3right

4down

2right

5Down

Switches to be used:

2ROK (2 right OK)

4DOK

3ROK

5DOK

Same logic goes with the others.

To stray, when wrong it does not matter where you go after first mistake. You set a switch mistake on, you set wrongstep variable = 1 and every step you take you set

wrongstep+1

If it is 3, you set mistake off and wrongstep to 0 and go wherever you want by default end up.

I tried to explain something complex as clear as possible to you using the forum, so hope you got an idea on what to do.

Alright, I have worked with this logic you presented to me quite a bit now, I have made some progress, but unfortunately, I'm a little stucked... the problem I run into is as following, the solution I have now (see picture)(which is the one that works best so far) is that when the player holding the left arrow key down, the figure only moves 2 times instead of the original 3, before being transported back to the previous map, if the player tap the key it works fine.

Any and all suggestions is welcome

exitleft.png

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The Event Page, on top left has Conditions. What I look is this:

Conditions:

EnterDesert is ON

QUESTION:

IS EnterDesert actually ON when the player is entering that field with the parallel proccess or not?

The first thing to check is if the conditions are met. If this condition isn't met, it will not run at all.

To eliminate this possibility, for debug reasons, untick this condition and let the parallel proccess run without any check.

If you still got problems, I will keep on replying, and maybe even try to make you a project with a working maze to see how it's done.

But I want you to do it yourself, I want YOU to be awesome, not me.

Try what I told you.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kamayak Please don't quote whole posts simply to indicate who you are replying to.  It makes the page slow to load and to scroll down, especially for those accessing this on their phones.  It can also (as in this case) make it a bit confusing about what your reply actually is.  If you need to refer to something in particular, just quote that little bit by highlighting it.  You then get a pop-up saying 'quote this'.  Click on it and it will appear in your reply box.  Otherwise, if you want to make it clear who you are answering, just use the @membername convention as I have done on this post.  It has the further advantage that tagging someone will let them know that you have answered them, if they have that option turned on in their notifications setting.

Thank you.

Kamayak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
Alright I'll keep that in mindre in the future  :)

Kamayak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
Don't forget to inform us how your issue goes though. :)

I have just made Leftexit work the way I want it to and the solution to do so, was embarrassingly simple, I was able to stop the excelled adding of value to the movement of the character simply by adding a 18 frame wait after the value was added, with this wait added to the event, the character moves 3 tiles before leaving the map  :D

Now I just need to try the rest  BD

Kamayak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
Don't forget to inform us how your issue goes though. :)
It finally works, the only thing I couldn't make work was the wrongstep part... but I found another solution that gives the desired result, so YAY!!!! thanks for all the help on this problem

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Phew, sleep all day, awake all night. I don't know what to draw tonight!

Does that count as poetry? ..Is there a super fast way to test my creations in RPG Maker? Has anyone played the new Pokémon games? I'm itching to buy it but I don't think my husband will want me to after he finds out how much I spent on Christmas!
When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?
I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.
Finally, I have graduated from college and now I can put a lot more work into my game, after having not worked on it for the better part of a year.
post so i can change my profile picture ^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingjui7