Looping OGG Background Music

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by FrozenNorseman, Dec 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. FrozenNorseman

FrozenNorseman Shivering Veteran

First Language:
    Danish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is probably a flogged horse, but for all my scouring these boards and looking through various tutorials I cannot, for the life of me, figure out a solution.

I have a song that I want to loop. Using audacity I figured out where the loop starts and ends, and have placed down my labels. And when I export I use LOOPSTART and LOOPLENGTH (spelt properly and in all-caps) to type in my start and length selections.

Export as OGG throw into RM and yet when I run the background music on a map it plays the song once, and disregards the loop I've tried to create.

I just *cannot* get it to work.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Any suggestions? I am at my wits end here.

Loop.png

2. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Everything looks well though. If anything, maybe you can try to check the song metadata if the tag is actually there. For example, I use foobar2000 to check the metadata. It looks like this below. Idk about other players.
    Screenshot_333.jpg
    And the music if you want to check it out.

3. FrozenNorseman

First Language:
    Danish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looking at the metadata afterward (I use Mp3tag) its all where it should be:

loop2.png

Compared to battle1 that's part of RM and loops, which looks like this:
    battle1_loop.png

I don't know what I'm doing wrong and it's mildly frustrating.

4. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If you don't mind, can I test your bgm?

5. FrozenNorseman

First Language:
    Danish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sure. I'll send it to you by PM.

EDIT: So, a bit of testing back and forth resulted in the discovery that a plugin was the guilty party in preventing the song from looping. Disabling the plugin (JavaHut's AudioManager Extension for those curious) made the bgm loop as intended.

This is now solved, so thread can be closed. And thank you @TheoAllen for your assistance.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  6. BishoujoHelper

BishoujoHelper Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wanted to chime in, before this thread gets closed, that I'm glad this horse got flogged again. Looks like either the issue in RMMV was fixed by 1.6.1, or your discussion prompted me to finally isolate what was causing my own OGG files to not loop properly. In my case, using Mp3tag to remove a TRACKTOTAL tag consistently fixed it; only thing I can think of was that doing so re-ordered the tags or wrote them back in a different place so RMMV could read them properly. Hopefully, since the same _readMetaData method is being used for both OGG and M4A files, if the M4A files aren't looping then the same thing might work for them too.

@FrozenNorseman You may want to edit your OP title to include the word SOLVED.

7. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @FrozenNorseman In the future if you want a topic closed, please Report your post stating so, as we see reports immediately.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.