Looseleaf character parts pack

Discussion in 'Game Character Hub' started by LaFlibuste, Jul 16, 2015.

1. LaFlibuste

LaFlibuste Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hello people!

So I have been trying to upload a pack to the workshop for the last few days with no success. Maybe it's because I run this on parallels desktop (I'm a mac user), it says something about a connection problem, please check your internet and if steam is running. Anyway, I wanted to share it, so I'll do it here instead. And maybe someone will upload it to the workshop for me.

So if you are like me, you really like the Looseleaf-styled sprites, which have more substance and personality than the bland asparagus XP-styled ones and the chubby chibi VXA ones. Well anyway, I basically ripped the resources from the Looseleaf character generator you can find online ( http://www.geocities.jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/ for those of you who don't know it) and added a few pieces I adapted from RTP. I also made them fit the VXA format (3 columns x 4 rows) since that's what I'm using. Feel free to share and add parts to it, and please share them if you do!

Get it here!

And here are the pngs, for those of you who prefer it that way

Add them to your GCH item folder and then, from the app, go to File - Refresh Item Library. They should appear.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
    TobiObito4ever, felsenstern and SLEEP like this.
  2. Sharks4thecup

Sharks4thecup Beginner RPG VX Ace User Member

First Language:
    English
    Looks good.

Sadly I dont have GCH ._. lol.

3. Valkyriet

Valkyriet Pocket Panda Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I tried it out and here's my personal opinion on the matter :

1. You've formatted each of the generator parts in VXA style, however, most of the parts (especially hair and clothes either look really odd and bulky, or don't fit on normal VXA sprites. In other words, they can only be properly used on the Mack sprites (for now, at least), with the only difference being that the final character can be used in VXA. This could also have been done through the online generator itself (for those who don't have GCH either) with the help of an image editing software. So I don't really see what purpose you're trying to fulfill with this.

2. All the files are in gchli format so (I'm pretty sure) they can only be used on Game Character Hub for now. So, in case someone wanted to use different parts in layers on photoshop or paint.net on any template other than Mack's, they'd have to go about it the long-winded way. Which...is kind of sad x(

3. I think you've done a really great job in extracting (ripped sounds a bit weird to me, haha) the different character parts from the generator, but maybe a less restricted file format like .png would have been more useful (?) in case people wanted to adjust them on different body templates. It might be difficult though because I have tried adjusting the resources in the looseleaf generator on XP sprite templates, but to no avail. I reckon I need more experience in pixel editing.

4. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    FYI, LaFlibuste, Mack sprites and the sprites made with the Looseleaf generator are different.  It's a very common mistake.

5. Valkyriet

First Language:
    English
    How so? o.o They look sort of similar in build..

6. LaFlibuste

First Language:
    French
    @Sharks
    To use it, you put this folder in your GCH item library. The folder where all the other parts are kept. You might have to refresh it (File - Refresh Item Library) for it to appear.

@Valkyriet

Yeah well of course they wouldn't work on basic VXA sprites, this really wasn't my aim since I don't really like them and there is plenty of resource for them around anyway.

There were a few advantages in doing this for me. No need to be online, no need to put up with the japanese translation, I thought the online generator's menus were a bit clunky, you have more control over layering with GCH as well as over coloring, and I could add a few objects I needed (a hood, for instance).

And the reason they are in the gchli format is because I needed some objects to have multiple layers, hairs for instance, because there are skin pixels that go with them and if you used to automatic hue changing tool, those skin pixels would turn to weird colors. I do have the pngs though, I could put them up later too if you are interested.

@Sharm

So Mack sprites are XP sprites, then, or are these people mistaken too? And how would you call the Looseleaf sprites' style, then?

7. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @Valkyriet: Looseleaf sprites are taller than Mack and their heads are bigger.

@LaFlibuste: No, XP sprites are XP sprites. I personally call them Looseleaf or Mack!XP.

An image I made to show some other folks before:

[​IMG]

Left to right: XP, Looseleaf, Mack

8. Valkyriet

First Language:
    English
    @LaFlibuste

Thanks for clarifying that : ) Sure, I think I'd prefer the png files.

9. LaFlibuste

First Language:
    French
    Well thanks for the info slimmmeiske2. I update the file names but I dn't think I can change the thread's title, so it'll have to do. And I added the pngs. Have fun! :)

10. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    To update a thread title you just need to go into the full editor when  you edit the first post.

11. slimmmeiske2

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    It's no problem. You're definitely not the only one and in a way you weren't wrong either, as Mack made the Looseleaf generator. >.<" But the styles are different, so I prefer to use different names, otherwise people will mix and match and that doesn't always look good.

You can edit your title by clicking on edit in the first post and then clicking on "Use Full Editor".

:ninja: 'ed

12. LaFlibuste

First Language:
    French
    Thans for the info about editing.

@slimmmeiske2
    Ha, I thought I saw something about Mack on the Looseleaf generator, that's probably why I was confused! Good catch!

13. TheStoryteller01

TheStoryteller01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I just stumbled across your post searching Google for .....exactly THAT.

Thanks a ton!

14. CupcakeDreamer

CupcakeDreamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I was one of those that thought Looseleaf sprites were the Mack sprites.And I see they are not the XP sprites, Where can I find the Mack sprites then?

15. slimmmeiske2

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
  16. RyanBram

RyanBram Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Based on the website, Looseleaf characters are no doubt MACK's. CMIIW  :D

17. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    TheStoryteller01, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

@RyanBram:  The Looseleaf generator was made with Mack's artwork, but they are not named Mack Sprites like the other's are.

18. Magixe

Magixe (∩ᄑ_ᄑ)⊃━☆゚*・。*・:≡( ε:) Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Can I legally use these images without owning GCH?

19. LaFlibuste

First Language:
    French
    As far as I know, yeah. If anything, they're more MACK's property than the the GCH people. If I, of all people, have the right to share them, I don't know why you couldn't use them. But anybody correct me if I'm wrong.

20. Elemi

Elemi Warper Member

First Language:
    Belorussian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sincerely apologising for necroposting but since Looseleaf online generator died this topic became extremely important.

Are there any color variations of Looseleaf? PNG pack contains only basic colors, and simple recoloring with photoredactor doesn't work properly.