Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using tp as a tiredness meter in my game. So, I'd like to create an item (I mean, like a potion or something) that actually lowers the user's tp, but that's impossible in the editor.
I was wondering if there was a scripty way of doing this. Thanks! :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
are you talking about tp (as in current tp) or about maxtp (as in maximum tp possible)?

Because TP itself can be lowered in different ways, but MaxTP is set as 100 in the engine and will need a script to be changed.
And no, that is not a simple scriptline - you need a full script to get options for MaxTP.

I suggest checking the Ace Master Script List - If I remember correctly, Yanfly and one or two other scripters already wrote scripts for TP Management.

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry I meant current tp.
I only found two, Yanfly and Tsukihime's. Yanfly's doesnt actually allow you to create an item that damages tp and Hime's only works in battle, also it doesn't seem to work with yanfly's battle engine.
Thanks though, I honestly forgot to check the master list.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if it is current TP only, then the solution is simple and doesn't even need a script.

Depending on the item either call a common event and modify TP with the event commands, or use the damage formula for tp-changes.

The code should be
b.tp-=tpdamage; regular damage
(but can't test that at the moment)

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! I didn't know you could use tp in the formula with its usage and a little creative thinking I was able to accomplish it. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Snarkyfork wrote on Trihan's profile.
Hey man, I saw you mention that you do MV javascript work? Just wanted to confirm it before I put you on speed dial. =)
"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."-Krishna
FastFood in my country is neither fast nor cheap like it's expected to be, but people still buy a lot of it. I don't want to imagine how much of it people would eat if it was.
Started finishing up my bosses and characters...I don't know how long...but its going to take long...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jekken