Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using tp as a tiredness meter in my game. So, I'd like to create an item (I mean, like a potion or something) that actually lowers the user's tp, but that's impossible in the editor.
I was wondering if there was a scripty way of doing this. Thanks! :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
are you talking about tp (as in current tp) or about maxtp (as in maximum tp possible)?

Because TP itself can be lowered in different ways, but MaxTP is set as 100 in the engine and will need a script to be changed.
And no, that is not a simple scriptline - you need a full script to get options for MaxTP.

I suggest checking the Ace Master Script List - If I remember correctly, Yanfly and one or two other scripters already wrote scripts for TP Management.

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry I meant current tp.
I only found two, Yanfly and Tsukihime's. Yanfly's doesnt actually allow you to create an item that damages tp and Hime's only works in battle, also it doesn't seem to work with yanfly's battle engine.
Thanks though, I honestly forgot to check the master list.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if it is current TP only, then the solution is simple and doesn't even need a script.

Depending on the item either call a common event and modify TP with the event commands, or use the damage formula for tp-changes.

The code should be
b.tp-=tpdamage; regular damage
(but can't test that at the moment)

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! I didn't know you could use tp in the formula with its usage and a little creative thinking I was able to accomplish it. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Megumi_Aramaki wrote on Takeshi014's profile.
Valley can be done by outside mountain tilesets I will send you right away!
Hi everyone! I've relased a demo about my new game in "Games in Development". Someone interested? :3
Going live at 2pm EST
Today is the day! I will be productive in game dev work! I will - *gets distracted by cat playing with her toy mouse* Awww <3
Whelp. I tried to be productive.
Decided to work on Fandom Scouts today. I've decided that instead of using the generic "scrolling text" event that MV has (I'm using MV for FS, not MZ) I'll use the movie option. I'm still trying to find a way to get Premiere Pro to output the compatible format though. If anyone can give me some help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jno8034