LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses

Approx. Length: 12 hrs

Description: In lost blade you begin as two brothers being trained by their grandfather. but when a seal is broken an an evil let loose upon the land,
the beloved granpa must reveal to his grandsons the truth, which he held from them for there own protection. As the newly found out lineage of the boys
is revealed to them, they must seek out their heritage as blood knights from the ruins of secret extinct sections to gain the power to destroy a lost gaurdian and the ebon blade
once and for all.

Prologue

LONG AGO, IN ANOTHER REALM CALLED THE VEIL,

THERE WERE MANY POWERFUL BEINGS CALLED THE GUARDIANS.

THESE GUARDIANS WATCHED TIRELESSLY OVER SEVERAL

DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS. IN ORDER TO HELP DEFEAT A

GREAT EVIL THAT WAS THREATENING A DIMENSION

CALLED EMIRU. ONE OF THE GUARDIANS,

SUWRATH, CRAFTED A WEAPON CALLED THE EBONBLADE.

BUT THE FIRST MAN TO WIELD THE SWORD INSTANTLY WENT

MAD WITH POWER. THE GUARDIANS IMMEDIATELY PUNISHED

SUWRATH BY MAKING HIM BECOME A MORTAL SO HE COULD

LEAVE THE VEIL AND ENTER THE WORLD OF EMIRU TO

RETRIEVE THE EBONBLADE. UPON HIS RETURN HE

WOULD BE GRANTED HIS IMMORTALITY BACK.

WHAT THE GUARDIANS DID NOT KNOW,

IS THAT SUWRATH MADE THE EBONBLADE AS A WAY TO

ESCAPE THE VEIL HIMSELF. SUWRATH HAD LONG DREAMED

OF POWER, OF BECOMING A GOD. INSIDE THE

BLADE, SUWRATH HID AN EVIL POWER THAT HAD BEEN

LOCKED AWAY IN THE VEILS VAULTS FOR SO LONG,

THAT IT HAD BEEN FORGOTTEN ABOUT BY THE OTHER GUARDIANS.

BUT WHEN SUWRATH ARRIVED AT EMIRU,

THE LEGENDARY HERO KYROTH AND HIS COMPANIONS

SACRIFICED THEMSELVES IN ORDER TO CAST A SPELL

POWERFUL ENOUGH TO SUCCESSFULLY SEAL THE EBONBLADE

AND BANISHED ITS CRAZED VICTIM.

AFTER SUWRATH LEARNED OF WHAT HAD BECOME OF HIS

BELOVED BLADE, HE HID AWAY AND BLENDED WITH THE

MORTALS, BIDING HIS TIME, SEEKING A WAY TO TAKE

BACK THE BLADE AND RETURN TO POWER.

THE TWO SONS OF KYROTH, SOMA AND RYU, FOLLOWED

IN THEIR FATHERS FOOTSTEPS. THEY SO MUCH IDOLIZED

THEIR FATHER THAT THEY JUMPED AT EVERY CHANCE OF

BATTLE AND WAR THEY COULD....HOPING FOR THEIR CHANCE

TO ALSO BECOME LEGENDS.

Characters:

Soma Warrior. The Destined Brothers. One of the Main Characters of the game.

Ryu: Samurai.The Destined Brothers. One of the Main Characters of the game.

Idellette: A healer. A Princess in Distress. She turns out to be alot more than they bargained for.

Shade: A Gun-Slinging Witch. She warns you not to enter her tomb. All her ancestors went mad with black magic and now rest inside.

T-Hirst: Rogue. A comical mystery.

Jarzon: Once a feared evil fire mage lord. Yet, he seems to have changed. Can he be trusted? He seems to have an interest to train the brothers.

Fayne: Archer Priest. Waiting on you to cross dimensions. She seems to know alot about the both of you.
Is there something She's hiding?

Ganon: Dragoon. Feared for his deadly lightning skill with the spear.

http://youtu.be/Rxy168n9wcI

(note:game has improved since these videos(all enemies are animated and battle system and shops are cleaner))

Features:

This game is a classic super nintendo FF4 type rpg adventure game. It features a flashback intro, sideview battle system with animated kaduki characters and enemies, custom attacks, cutscenes, dungeons, castles, 3 worlds and a portal realm to go change between them. Ship, boat, and airship travel, mounts, weapon enchantment, upgradable skills. Awesome boss battles with transformations and epic music changes. hidden easter eggs, mini games ect.

Credits:Scripts-
Khas awesome light effects
Killozapit-cache back
MOG Menu Cursor
Mode 7
Mode 7 airship add on
Lune Message system by raizen
Hime Custom equip types
Core-Equip slots by Hime
VE follower control
VE follower options
YF Aftermath
YF Party
VE engine
VE animated battle
VE Target Arrow
VE Actors Battlers
VE leap attack
VE Toggle Target
VE damage popup
YF-save engine
MOG animation +
MOG animated Title A
Fomar 5 party HUD
Neo gauges by woratana edited to ace by pacman
VIS enemy hp bars by Ventwig
VE anti-lag
VE Fog overlay
FA Mana Stones
after level up recover
Galvs menu themes engine
Napoleons minimap (core,1/4,2/4,3/4, and 4/4)
Himes mapshot
VE co-op skill
YF jp manager
Kread-EX-Skill Upgrade
VE Diagonal Movement
Kread-EX-cutscene skipper
YF regions battlebacks
FA Interactive tools 2.0
F.A. Tool Add on
Hime end phase triggers
V.M of D.T sleek item popup
xs core
xs intro
YF equip engine ace
Text sound effect by Zerbu
Text Slow down
Galv vehicle on and off locations
Majirefy - window map name plus
OriginalWij - increase priority
TDS Sprite Reflection
MOG simple anti-lag
Rock paper scissors by sir billy
V's gambling man by V
V's prize wheel mini game by V
YF -ace shop options
VE skip battle log
Credits:

MUSIC: Disturbed, Bruce Falconer, and GyroWolf

Graphics:
Kaduki
Holders

How to Install
1. Go to http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages and click rpgmaker vx ace and then click at the bottom to download the RTP, extract and install it. once you install this you will never have to dowload it again. (u may not have to extract this)
2. Click    http://www.mediafire.com/download/wib9drkvhc5n3hi/lost_blade_project_5-7-15.exe    Important:If it shows a captcha on the link, watch the video and type in the words it shows at the end, Then PRESS ENTER. dont click any of the ads that look like fake download buttons!

3. go to your downloads folder, extract lost blade to a new folder, click game.exe and enjoy.

if u want to play full screen Double click game.exe and then press f1 and check full screen. (you have to close the game and re-open it for it to take effect). Or you can right click game.exe go to compatibility and disable dpi scaling or run as admin. If you dont have an extract program download it from here. it will be one of the top two on the list. http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
**This requires rpgmaker vx ace rtp installed.

I included cheats (down on the ends of the docks in port town)

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I will approve this but you have 48 hours to read the Tagging Guide and modify your topic. Please follow the keywords exactly, especially the first BOLDED part about the first tag as prefix. Thank you.

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Has anyone tried the beta? Opinions?

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has anyone tried the beta? Opinions?

My first impressions in the order they occurred:

First fight with bats, both characters died.  Battle system is nice, but the characters don't actually brandish weapons of any kind they just step forward.  Things are very confusing.  I do not know why these people destroyed the sword, who the man who teleported away making threats was, or who the guy on the horse was dispensing exposition. Zombies in the well killed me in less than three rounds.  I can't get anywhere or do anything unfortunately.

I highly recommend you reduce the enemies in power, at least the starting ones that are meant to be in the beginning area.  I wish I could give you more feedback, but I can't get anywhere as a level 1 and there is nothing besides battle to level or gain gold.

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
hmmm, thank you i will adjust. i played through it and didnt have that problem, its meant to be hard. but i may have changed something on accident, i will check, thank you. im not sure what script and sprites i would need to show weapons, ill look it up. the story is found out as you go along, but i do need to add more.

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
ok i fixed the beginning difficulty, and put a new link. i also added a awesome new intro story and now you know alot more about whats going on. added alot more to the characters scripts. changed the battle system and now they move out farther and flash when they die. i cant find a party system script other than yanflys and thats what im using and it doesnt work with any other sideview battle system other than yanflys visual battlers and jets viewed battle system. really would like to add weapons to the sprites but i couldnt get that script to work for nothin. also the animated enemy battler sprites, same thing. but i like it how it is now. im aiming for final fantasy 4 type game. im loving the story so far. the end has a twist and turns out to be the beginning of a new chapter. let me know what you guys think. its my first try.

Bonkers

Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, with the scrolling text you may wanna break that up.  Do one paragraph at a time, then let it fade out and wait 360 for the reader to process it between

each bit of information.  I can't read as fast as it can scroll when there is an entire story to absorb I am unfamiliar with.

Alright I understand a little more of what's going on here, and who these two people are.

Still not sure who the masked man is, but he's sent by someone to stop the heroes.  

Okay battles are still a bit tough to start requiring me to go to the Inn after each one.  During battle the Icons in the top left corner become unusual markers,Between actions they are shovels and during actions they are the icon for 'confusion'.  The characters also do not run when escape is selected, they simply continue to walk in place facing the enemy.

I accidentally stepped on a bush in the Elven town and it exploded in fire.  When they said love nature I didn't think they meant things were rigged to explode if outsiders touched them.   Your game isn't labeled as comedy or parody so I didn't expect there would be something so dramatic from a single mistake.

Okay I cannot get into the village at all, it doesn't seem the event resets to allow me another chance to talk to the elves.  At this point I am not going to retry and reload a save.  If the game is unbeatable now or the game punishes me for something on this level so soon, I don't think that would be something  advisable for final build. You need to tell the audience up front what to expect, and from the build up and story you've given I took this as a jrpg standard fantasy game.  As it stands I can't get into the Elven town at all now.

Since the destined brothers are sons of the hero, it makes sense they would bring some items or at least some money with them.  Starting with nothing in terms of items, and money is a bit harsh.  We have no introduction quest or mission to set the mood.  Right now I am wandering around lost since the man on horse or the masked man didn't tell me where to go or what I should be doing. 

For starter equipment upgrades everything is 6 times the price of the norm.  That's a bit of a hike.  Right now I am getting 30-100 gold per monster battle which forces me back to the INN each time.  So I'd make about 20-90 profit per battle.  I can't see why you made stat items availble so early, and for much cheaper prices than the 500 gold standard equipment.  You may want to explain to the player that it's the characters and not the equipment than makes a difference in your game. Traditionally those items are rare and seen in dungeons are rewards.  For one upgrade I can by 18 stat upgrades, not to mention upgrade my max health and mp.

Right now it seems like a grind fest and that's turning me off for a demo.  I don't know where the story is going, what other sort of surprises are in store, or if I'll be willing to put time into testing content that abuses time.

The biggest problem isn't the story, but communicating it and where to go/what to do next.  You need to let the player know what they can expect from the world and I wasn't prepared for alot of the jump scares littered around, or the constant grinding that led me nowhere.

If I do continue playing I'll have spent at least an hour or two just building my stats before experiencing any real content at all or start buying equipment upgrades.  I don't think that's going to work, but that's just my opinion.

Please bear in mind if you wish to do this for the final build the players will need some sort of warning.  If you want us to experience this great story or content in the game, we'll need a way to circumvent a bit of the grinding in order to help you.  I certainly don't wanna spend several hours just on leveling each time you release a build. 

Since this is your first try, you need to understand we can't edit the encrypted data in anyway even with the editor.  So while the game may seem a breeze for someone who knows everything to expect, we only see what's on the front of the curtain while you see everything behind it. 

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Wow thanks for the detailed feedback!  The part of the burning tree is actually a quest. If u talk to the guy in front of the stores he will tell u he hates elves and will reward u for slapping a tree. When u burn it he is surprised and doesnt have gold to give u but he trains u and bumps u up a good bit of levels. The guy on the horse tells you to go to the fire island to the northeast. There is ship outside you can get in and ride there. The well has a chest with alot of money to start you off. U can try and escape the zombies, it will let u after a try or two. Then u can go buy equipment and u have some xp. Then u can lvl with the zombies. I actually had it with u starting at lv 5 but i thought it to easy and felt like it was just running through the game. I will add some more explanation to what to do and break up the intro story thats a great idea! Also i will change the prices and starting money and also dial back the difficulty a ton for the sake of making it not grindy, or i will add more xp and gold rewards. I originally had it where it gave u so much it felt to easy but i thought my adjustments wouldnt be so bad, i guess the adjustments are more sensitive than i thought. Thank you for the feedback! The elven village is not suppose to be accessible but i see where that can be frustrating. It was meant to be humorous, i will include that in the description. Theres alot of easter eggs in the game like gandalf and the knight from the movie "monty pythons holy grail" also im gonn check on a script to make them run during an escape. Alot of the scripts dont work with yanfly and yanfly has the only party swap system that has a menu that i found. But i will try and find one. Thank you so much for the feedback, im going to play through it again and adjust the difficulty so u dont have to grind...i hate grinding also, though i feel you should have some and the bosses should be hard. That reminds me....a few of the bosses are in rooms you cant escape without beating them. I will have to change that cause i know people will forget to stock up on potions. Ill have a new version up tonight and comment on here when its up!

Bonkers

Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow thanks for the detailed feedback!  The part of the burning tree is actually a quest. If u talk to the guy in front of the stores he will tell u he hates elves and will reward u for slapping a tree. When u burn it he is surprised and doesnt have gold to give u but he trains u and bumps u up a good bit of levels. The guy on the horse tells you to go to the fire island to the northeast. There is ship outside you can get in and ride there. The well has a chest with alot of money to start you off. U can try and escape the zombies, it will let u after a try or two. Then u can go buy equipment and u have some xp. Then u can lvl with the zombies. I actually had it with u starting at lv 5 but i thought it to easy and felt like it was just running through the game. I will add some more explanation to what to do and break up the intro story thats a great idea! Also i will change the prices and starting money and also dial back the difficulty a ton for the sake of making it not grindy, or i will add more xp and gold rewards. I originally had it where it gave u so much it felt to easy but i thought my adjustments wouldnt be so bad, i guess the adjustments are more sensitive than i thought. Thank you for the feedback! The elven village is not suppose to be accessible but i see where that can be frustrating. It was meant to be humorous, i will include that in the description. Theres alot of easter eggs in the game like gandalf and the knight from the movie "monty pythons holy grail" also im gonn check on a script to make them run during an escape. Alot of the scripts dont work with yanfly and yanfly has the only party swap system that has a menu that i found. But i will try and find one. Thank you so much for the feedback, im going to play through it again and adjust the difficulty so u dont have to grind...i hate grinding also, though i feel you should have some and the bosses should be hard. That reminds me....a few of the bosses are in rooms you cant escape without beating them. I will have to change that cause i know people will forget to stock up on potions. Ill have a new version up tonight and comment on here when its up!
I really don't wanna download 100 megs each time you decide to change one thing.  Could you take a week instead, and do a more comprehensive bit of debugging and improvements to warrant another upload first?  This will start to get a bit cumbersome if you don't allow enough time to take a look at more aspects that might be confusing or not intuitive.

When he said slap a tree I didn't think it meant explode one.  You also didn't hint at the Elves completely forsaking you for one mistake or the town itself is just a big dummy event for a single quest.  That seems like a waste.

See none of this is intuitive.  I can't keep asking you for hints if I cannot play the game myself.  This is what's causing the frustration or lack of direction.  you can't just make a post and expect all players to read it to know what to do, or what they can and cannot do.  

I would recommend not using yanfly for your first project until you have the basics down then.  Don't look for scripts to carry the game, it has to be you that does that.  The scripts only enhance what is there.  I recommend taking all all the glitter for your next build and try something more bare bones.  If the game is good it will stand on it's own.  That's the best advice I can give a first time game maker, worry about glitter after it's done and functional.  

I don't see your reasoning with grinding, you obviously wanted us to grind with the state of things now.  Grinding does not equal challenge.  Grinding is time consumption.  Difficult bosses that require strategy or set patterns are a staple of challenge, I agree.  I have yet to see one though.

See this is what I mean, you had the character start at a much higher level, but didn't test them naked and unequipped at level 1 with the same difficulty encounters as when they were level 5 and with all the equipment and items you tested on.  

I am glad it all helped, but take your time.  Do not upload a build tonight.  Take your time, and set a date next week before or after the holiday.  There is no rush to get another build up for me to try and hit a road block each time.

You will attract more players and testers to this project if each build is about quality rather than a single fix each upload.

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Thats good advice. Your the first person ive had test it and u opened my eyes that i need to include more because me being the creator will know where to go but anyone else wont. Thank u. I will wait and update it  when i do a full overhaul. Thank u

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
updated video, and also chapter one of lost blade is done for the most part.

I included cheats (down on the ends of the docks in port town) so you could zoom through the game if you wanted. after the final boss you will have the money to

go to the airport island and buy a plane and then ride it over the ice mountains in the north. there you will get 

a nice glimpse of  the maps and characters im working on for chapter 2.

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Introducing.....Lost Blade Lite for Droid!!!

download this

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ey7etj8auv50b79/lostbladedroid4-9-14.zip

to your phone (you may want to use wifi)(make sure you have some empty space on your phone first).

download androzip app in app store for free.

download neko rpgxp player from app store for free

go to http://www.mediafire.com/download/uu7hkacnkubub4l/RPGVA_RGSS.zip

it will download rpgva_rgss.zip, then open androzip app and go to your downloads folder and click rpgva_rgss.zip and choose extract to: and choose sdcard/kernysRGSS/

open androzip and go to sdcard/kernysRGSS and click the +new button at top to create a new folder here. name it lost blade.

open androzip app and go to your downloads folder and click lostblade.rar and choose extract to: and choose sdcard/kernysRGSS/Lost blade

start the RPGXP Player app again and lost blade should come up, if not then hit refresh.

if still doesnt show then make sure in settings that KernysRGSS is selected as your game folder.

after the files are extracted into the kernysRGSS folder, you can then delete the original .zip or .rar files from your phones download folder (u no longer need these)

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
edit/fixed

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
New version out at above game link in first post. Updates include, cutscenes, minimaps, rune enchantments, leap attack skill, mounts, new hud system, cursor icon, new bosses, ect. About 50% finished. Going to add alot more story and cutscenes with a playable intro where u play as the legends before them.

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Anybody had a chance to check this out? I just released a shiny new demo! Its still far from finished but i think i know where im going with it. Let me know what you think of it so far! Thanks!

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Just made a awesome prequel intro where u play as their dads before they died. Also redid all the characters and enemies with holders and kaduki so it looks great! Got alot of great things planned! Let me know what you think. About 40% finished, im going to add jump, puzzles, improve dungeons and add a quest log and add more custom stuff. Characters are now more unique, adding more skill sequences soon. Take a look!

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
added jump, moving platforms, and pixel movement. added new window skin. Also added a cool new title screen. somebody hook a brother up and gimme some feedback on the game. 

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Check out the new vids and my progress on this game

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Steam page is now live!
1632768058957.png
just discovered thig game called Willowbrooke Post... beautiful artstyle if I do say so myself... does anyone know what this kind of style is called??
In one of my game projects, I am working on an arena where you can fight combatants or bet on monsters, and, man, it is taking so long, lmao. I do not think that it helps that I am using an evented combat system with a lot of things that I have to edit.
Time to take a little break from the project to work on another for Skyrim. Shouldn't take too long, as it's just fulfilling an easy to do request(more than likely I'll get beaten to the punch but...) this also gives me an excuse to play Skyrim again LOL.
Dawg.gifKhat.gif
I made two new friends today. I'm not sure which style I like the best..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RadicalRaticate