Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
LoveContest-02-7-02-21_zpsnva2t8yj.png

From romantic burning passion to the comforting family hug, LOVE plays a big part in our everyday life. And, it can play a big part in your project! Since February is the month of love, we wanted to bring a touch of it to the forums with a friendly mapping competition!

How will you tackle the theme of love? Will you make the ultimate romantic setting? Or simply focus on the setting that you absolutely adore? Whatever the case, jump in and play! We want to see how the theme of love inspires you, and how it can inspire others.

Rules:
- You can enter up to 2 (two) maps, up to 816x624 px size (this is a standard display size for RPG Maker MV). You can use any RPG Maker program to create your map.
- Maps can be shared in this thread as a screenshot or as an embedded video.
- You may use any graphical assets that are safe for commercial use – this includes all DLC in the RPG Maker store, as well as any original community-created resources. Please provide a link to the resources used, as well as the necessary credits.
- You may not use material which is copyrighted to another company or individual.

Prizes:
- Top 3 entries will receive their choice of RPG Maker DLC (via Steam or via our store)!
- Grand winner will also receive a coupon to the RPG Maker Web store to use on a shopping spree -on us!
- All participants will receive a forum trophy award!

Deadline: Contest is open until February 21st, 2017 @ 12:00 (noon) PST (8PM GMT).

Have fun!

Last edited:

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woo! Mapping contest! I'm so pumped now! Time for ideas. <3

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Finally! Something I can actually do! X3 IMMA WIN THIS ONE!!!!!!

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oooo! I am going to try, even if I don't win, which is very likely considering my luck, but who knows. I have the greatest idea for a map, too! :kaopride:

Noobk

Boo-Boo'Da'Foo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Guess I'll throw my name in the hat too! ;)

Edit*

Just one question about the map size. It says 816x264, but I also read that line as the map must be the default 17x15 tile size. The 264 is awfully small. But I might be reading it wrong which is why I need the clarification.

Last edited:

Gin

The djinn
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ahhhhhh so coooolllll! Love is my favorite theme of all.:kiss::kiss::kiss:
But does the size have to be an MV standard? Can´t it be a XP or an Ace one?!:dizzy:a

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Guess I'll throw my name in the hat too! ;)

Edit*

Just one question about the map size. It says 816x264, but I also read that line as the map must be the default 17x15 tile size. The 264 is awfully small. But I might be reading it wrong which is why I need the clarification.

It says 624 not 264 :D

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Lunarea : I think the screen size in the OP should be 816x624 instead of 264.
Edit: Never mind, it's been fixed in the meantime. :thumbsup-left:

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
It says 816x264, but I also read that line as the map must be the default 17x15 tile size. The 264 is awfully small. But I might be reading it wrong which is why I need the clarification.
Oops, sorry, that should read 816x624 --- the two numbers got shifted accidentally!

But does the size have to be an MV standard? Can´t it be a XP or an Ace one?!:dizzy:a
It's up to 816x624 --- it can be smaller than that, too. :)

LMichelle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, never done this before but the game's on! :kaopride:

yamina-chan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I've not had the time to do much in the maker as of late (and a broken PC doesn't quite help either), but this sounds like a fun challenge =)
If I can get my things back up and running before the deadline I'll be sure to participate. ^^

I've got two questions:
- Where should we post the maps? In this thread or will there be a seperate one?
- What about the use of characters? Since this is a mapping contest, the area obviously has priority, but can/should backround NPCs be used?

joepolidoro

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hate to be a pain but can we get map size in terms of tiles? I haven't used mv much so I'm still not sure on display/proportion/scale/etc.
I'm assuming the size mention in the OP was based off the 'Save map as image' feature in-engine but I keep getting the same dimensions no matter the map size. Unless I'm not going big enough to make a change...

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hate to be a pain but can we get map size in terms of tiles? I haven't used mv much so I'm still not sure on display/proportion/scale/etc.
I'm assuming the size mention in the OP was based off the 'Save map as image' feature in-engine but I keep getting the same dimensions no matter the map size. Unless I'm not going big enough to make a change...
It'd be 17x13 tiles, same as VXAce.

joepolidoro

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks for clarification, cabfe. One last question. How should we go about grabbing the map as an image? When ever I use 'save as image' on a map that size, the image dimensions is 408x312. Sorry for not understanding this at all haha

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds interesting, guess I'll enter too! :hwink:
However I too would like to second this question. :kaophew:
Edit: Nevermind~ :hswt:

Last edited:

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might be giving it a try, though mapping isn't exactly my strongest point.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for clarification, cabfe. One last question. How should we go about grabbing the map as an image? When ever I use 'save as image' on a map that size, the image dimensions is 408x312. Sorry for not understanding this at all haha

You should just be able to grab a screenshot, either in editor or while playing the game. The contest size is minimum for the maker, so it should all display at once. This is an especially good option if you will include lighting effects or something.

Otherwise, I believe there is a plugin that allows for full size map image exporting.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I know I'm not a great mapper, but I'm gonna participate this time, just for the fun of it.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey, we can make it in a graphics editor, right? It doesn't HAVE to be directly from the engine? Like, a parallax map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.
This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg
Want for a Nail: I'm trying to figure out what controllers work with MZ, one support thread, a plugin request thread, a dead controller, and a $48 eBay purchase, and a PS1/PS2 USB adapter later. Still stuck with keyboard controls...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCBill