Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay so I am pretty confident there is a mini-game or two you have messed up or maybe even failed miserably. You are not alone. There are some mini-games that are near impossible to do and what's worse those that the game requires you to get otherwise kiss finishing that game goodbye. So I feel free to post a mini-game you found painfully difficult or even impossible. I will start.

I was playing Final Fantasy 7 the other day and I got to the part where Cloud gets to rejoin soldier temporarily. In this fun game you get to show off your marching skills or in my marching issues for the president of Shinra. LOL! Not only did I get a 0 rating for television rating (yes the event was televised) but I earned I few punches from Hiedegger. I think I made Cloud look like he had some shots before the event XD. Still the timing was really hard. You had to move at just the right moment otherwise it was start over and each time you failed the ratings for the event went down.

katharine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since you brought up FF7, I'll add (in the spirit of playing the remaster) that the train sabotage mission in FF8 always takes me one or two tries. The pressure gets to me every time :p

That, and a small rock-em-sock-em type minigame where you gotta knock a soldier off a flying machine. I'm real glad they give you more HP every time you mess it up, because I sure wouldn't be able to finish the game otherwise.

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Since you brought up FF7, I'll add (in the spirit of playing the remaster) that the train sabotage mission in FF8 always takes me one or two tries. The pressure gets to me every time :p

That, and a small rock-em-sock-em type minigame where you gotta knock a soldier off a flying machine. I'm real glad they give you more HP every time you mess it up, because I sure wouldn't be able to finish the game otherwise.
Yeah I hated that one. I messed up many times and finally got it. I was so worried I would have to restart but they do allow you to retry as many times as you wish. I think maybe on the tenth try I got it. So glad to get past that soldier and move on.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I remember losing a lot of matches in the card games in FF8 (particularly when certain local rules were in play) and FF9 (mostly because they don't explain how the hell the card duels work).

I played Epic Battle Fantasy 3 recently, and the final three minigames were pretty challenging. These are minigames you play for score, rather than as a pass/fail, so the only reference I had to go against was the levels that would earn you badges ("accomplishments"). But it took several tries to get even the first badge for a couple of these games! It always seemed possible, in reach... just very difficult, requiring super-precise play.

JtheDuelist

Just a dev who actually got a game finished
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The paraglider level of Rhythm Thief and The Emperor's Treasure- my least favorite mini-game/level in one of my all time favorite games. If that mini-game didn't involve crappy tilt controls, it would have been much more tolerable.

1ce

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The first Jax and Daxter game had a section early on where you're trying to catch fish in a net. Being new to the ps2 and it's finicky control stick I lost pretty often, and that sucked.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure I'm just terrible at mini games. The mini games are probably fine. It's me. It's just...me. Heck. I never win Mario Party through getting tons of coins in mini games. Only by being devious and embracing chaos.

My dishonorable mentions would probably include Blitzball.

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
One of the worst for me is where you have to sneak past guards and if you do it wrong you must start at the first part. I think this occurred in Zelda Ocarina of Time but was also in others like X Command Mission and Shadow Hearts Covenant. They also had one of these in Final Fantasy 7. Its bad cause you cannot progress any further in the game till the mini game is done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The three if us sat to watch "The day India Burned" to take notes. 10 minutes in, one went to sleep. I wanted to finish it but I couldn't stop tearing up (yawning makes me cry) so after 40 minutes I gave up. But now I'm not sleepy anymore :0
OH... OKAY... Well, VX Ace certainly never did THAT before. :mad:
Been busy with non-RM stuff, can't wait to get back into making a game.
i'm not only drawing girls tbh
i like grubby old man
Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peter16321