RMVXA Love x Lust (Unfinished Alpha Version 0.1)

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by goddialga, Sep 21, 2017.

1. goddialga

goddialga Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    [Waiting for reconstruction]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Alastor01 and Leanne like this.
  2. goddialga

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    *Added the trailer! Show some gameplay and stuffs! Hope you like it!

3. Alastor01

Alastor01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The amount of effort you have put in is staggering... Everything looks so unique, well done!

goddialga likes this.
  4. goddialga

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh Thank you very much! Writing those events drained out a lot of my energy! And the full game will be even more of a hard work :dizzy: But, we have to pull this through! Most of the mini-games are just someone else's scripts so at least that save me some effort :) (still need to set things up, though.)

Alastor01 likes this.
  5. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I gave your demo a try, but there's really nothing to do in it yet. :kaoswt2: The tag system for moving between the two rooms worked though, so it seems like that mechanic is going to be fine. It's hard to judge without actually playing the minigames, but your gameplay ideas all sound pretty well thought out and interesting. I do want to recommend finding yourself a really good English editor, currently your dialogue sounds off to me (like "I just have woken up!" would be better as either "I've just woken up!" or "I just woke up!"). Since you're making a visual novel your writing is going to be super important and poor grammar will turn some players away, so it'd be best to find someone to help before you get too far into the game.

goddialga likes this.
  6. goddialga

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you for your opinion! Well, there should be one minigame in the alpha version, QTE button press, in the second Tag Pulling event unless I did something wrong.

*EDIT : I checked it out and it seems I forgot to set the switch.

Sorry for my mistake!

And yes! I have proofreaders and editors in mind. I think I can get some help from my colleagues for free. Though most of them are quite busy. As for the full game, I will write the dialogues in my native language first and then hire some translators to help me splitting my work.

I will update some change in the new version!

Alastor01 likes this.
  7. Tetsune

Tetsune Professional Procrastinatorâ„¢ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I gotta say, I really REALLY love the concept of this game!!
    The only thing that irks me is the face that there are so many different art styles for the characters. Consistency in style is very important... That's gonna change, right? xD

goddialga and Alastor01 like this.
  8. goddialga

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ohhh!! I am so glad you like it! :cutesmile:

Yes! Those pictures are all just placeholders. I still have no money to hire an artist yet. ;_;

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  9. hiddenone

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm really glad that was the case, and not that I just managed to fail that badly. :kaoswt2: Played the actual demo (did run into a big bug though), so here are some of my thoughts.
    Even if you're planning on finding an editor (which is great, I hope your colleagues will help you out until you can hire/find a full-time one for your team), there are some things you can do about the messages right now. There were a few dialogues from Gris that automatically closed, it would be best to get rid of those. Slower readers (or in my case, readers who were tired) will end up completely missing what was said, and even if it wasn't too important it can still be frustrating to not have control of when the dialogue changes. There were also a few times were the dialogue went off-screen, especially when Luvi was explaining the tag system, so it would be good to go over that again and make sure it's all visible.

I know you're using placeholders at the moment, but I think it would look better if you had a sky image (maybe even moving) while Luvi is flying with Gris instead of the current black screen. There should be a sky parallax image already in ace, so you wouldn't even need to go searching for one. :rwink: Also, I found it hilarious how tiny Gris' image was compared to the rest of them. I know it'll be changed, but it's just such a funny thought that he's really, really short when trying to stand up to people. :kaojoy:

The tag system seemed to work fine, it would've been nice to play around a bit more with it (maybe use an item or something), but I understand that it's just a test.

But for the bad news, as I mentioned I ran into a bug. After talking it out with the stalker guy I successfully pulled his tag, but instead of ending that scene I seemed to just warp back to Gris' bedroom... And when I tried to pull the guy's tag again, I got a game over. I didn't really want to go through Luvi's explanation again, so I just stopped. But I'm guessing that that wasn't quite what was supposed to happen.

Overall, it seems like a really neat idea though, so I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.

10. goddialga

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh! Thank you very much for playing the demo and giving your opinion! :D That means a lot to me! I was really looking forward to the feedback! I've fixed all the bugs and you mentioned and go as far as to change some more things (not that much though). I've tested it myself and it seems to work well. I also changed those things you suggested, too!

I hope there is no more critical bug. I already tested it out but I was a bit afraid I messed something up without notice again. I apologize for such an unprofessional error. ;_;

11. hiddenone

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alrighty, I played the new demo... And ran into some bugs. :kaoeh: Luckily the only one that totally stopped progression was one at the end of the demo when at Gris' house.
    The updates are looking good, so good job fixing those things so quickly! There was still one auto-message right before Luvi takes Gris flying, but the rest of it was much better.

Getting into story sections that had more than a few people made me realize that's it's difficult to keep track of who is talking right now. Everyone having name boxes (even if it's just 'Student A', 'Stocking Guy', or 'Scared Girl') would make it so much easier to tell.

In the zone 'battle' with Stocking Guy, I was glad that you included some items (though I could use the Blank Tag from the inventory and it just made the item disappear :kaoswt2:), but I think it would've been better if using items didn't have zone skills attached. I didn't realize that they would have any, so the first time I ended up failing and getting hit with an added 25% to Gris' negative level. Speaking of negative levels, it would be nice if failing wasn't quite so bad in the beginning, since the player is still getting used to the system. Instead of 25%, maybe only 10%, though I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement changing amounts.

So I mentioned bugs, and there were a few in the 'battle'. I talked the guy into giving up and Gris telling him that he'd help, but then there were not other options available so I only had a 10% chance. I used the item to get it up to 25% and also the Tag Drive, but the first time I tried to pull the tag nothing happened (I don't play with sound, so it's possible I missed a sound cue). When I tried again, I got a game over so I assume I failed. I got lucky the second time I did the battle, and managed to complete it, but it seems like if I had actually helped the guy overcome the issue then the number should've been higher than 10%.

The last bug was at Gris' house, when I tried to enter the kitchen the background would change but not the options, so I got stuck in the kitchen with the bedroom's choices. But since that's pretty much the end of the demo, I wasn't too concerned. Don't worry too much about bugs, they're gonna show up no matter how many times you playtest (since players are so good at not playing the optimal way :kaojoy:), just take notes and pay attention to if the same bug could also show up later in the game.

12. goddialga

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you for telling me about these bugs! awww.. it's so hard to get rid all of them!

About the name box, I'll think about it. Maybe I would come out with another idea.

Anyways, about 10%, it is up to the choices and order to get it as high as possible.

About items, well, that was strongly intentional so I can't change that.

About negative, yes I planned to change it to begin with 10% but I kinda forgot.

About the kitchen, I think it's because of the loop command. I have changed it now.

Thank you for your suggestion!

13. goddialga

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump

14. goddialga

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    [​IMG]

*Drew by Neaimokung. (Not an artist for this game. I just like her style and paid for it.)

15. Jayje

Jayje THE Lone Indie Cheese! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I'll def play the demo when it domes out. Looks like it'll be a winner.

goddialga likes this.