First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Ruby Queen, Inc. Website

Lover's Rift Blog

Please support Lover's Rift by visiting:

Screenshots

Genre: Visual Novel [with puzzle and RPG elements]

Detailed Story Description: Lillian is a librarian assistant that has her ups and downs just like anyone else. Perhaps a tad more lonely than most due to being a nerd, she still finds things to enjoy in life. Everything is going okay - it could be better, like her love life, or having more friends, but things are good. It isn't until she finds herself suddenly thrown into another world that her life seems to get worse. With no knowledge besides fictional stories to help guide her through the dangers of these new and strange worlds, she somehow manages to surrive the first encounter ... only to find herself back in her room. Now the question is, what is going on?

Features
• In Depth Story & Complex Characters
• Meaningful Plot Choices - Your choices may change more about the world than you realize.
• Stats that Matter - From charm to wit, your choices in how to develop your character impacts the way you interact with the world.
• Hidden Dialogue & Quests - Use the ability to explore to your advantage and earn experience, shards (money), or items.
• Dynamtic Areas - Sometimes the door you couldn't open before will allow you access now.
• Parallax Mapping - More realistic environments to explore!
• Choose your lover - Three unique characters to share your heart with.

Game Progression
Story: 5%
Art: 5%
Mapping: 2%
Music: 5% (Being worked on by guitar74man)
Scripting: 90% (May increase/decrease as need arises)
Eventing: 2%

Note!
I plan on making this a commerical game in the future, so please be aware of that. Thank you!

Recruitement
• Any help is appreciated!

Credits

Graphics

PandaMaru
BrownFox
Celianna
Lunarea
Indrah
Nicnubill
Flaming Teddy Productions
heisenman
Ayene-chan
BenBen
kitten2021

Music

Chris Rosenberg aka First Gemini/Guitar74man

Scripts

blackmorning84
Galv
kirinelf
Saba Kan
Tomy
V.M of D.T
Raizen884
Johnbolton
Gab!
Seer UK
OriginalWij
Napoleon
Yanfly
Hime
FenixFyreX

Special Thanks

Bernedette - my wife
Enterbrain
CVincent
DrassRay
Jinumon

Lover's Rift Support Banner

Code:
[url=www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/30848-lovers-rift/][img=http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r181/lydyn1/LoverRiftSupport1_zpsxqgqn2j8.png][/url]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarrad

Broke College Student
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks really nice. I love the art style of the characters and the menu. Any plans on releasing a demo?

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Love the title screen!

The story sounds quite interesting as well, but that title screen is very eye-catching, in a good way of course.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Finally, a game using Saba Kan's art. I hope to see this to go through.

Lydyn

Queen Bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks really nice. I love the art style of the characters and the menu. Any plans on releasing a demo?
There are plans to release a teaser demo, of sorts, to show off and display the feel of the game up to the point of the first shock moment. However a full demo won't be released for some time. Sadly, it takes quite a while to parallax map, at least in a way that satisfies myself. I'm glad you like the look though!~

Love the title screen!

The story sounds quite interesting as well, but that title screen is very eye-catching, in a good way of course.
Thank you!~ It was based off of my own art skills, however I have since removed it (but left the screen as reference) because of plans to improve it. In fact, the artist that drew Lillian will likely be asked to make some custom art for my title screen. ^.^

Finally, a game using Saba Kan's art. I hope to see this to go through.
I have spent at least $100 and plan on spending upwards to $550 or more on this project, so you better believe that I have all intentions of having this go through. With the support of friends, family, and fellow game developers, it has most certainly kept me motivated to keep going along with the fact that I really do enjoy making this game.

Might I ask why you said Saba Kan's art though? Were you referring to his script?  ^.^  To clarify, the screenshot is just using the art supplied with the demo as placeholders. The woman on the right is actually Lillian.

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interesting game and lovely work. I can see a lot of effort being put into this. ^^ My only comment is on the maps. Right now, they're a bit too big and plain. Either cut down the size a bit or add more things to have it look more interesting.

Other than that, love the art and the story. Good luck on this!

Lydyn

Queen Bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Interesting game and lovely work. I can see a lot of effort being put into this. ^^ My only comment is on the maps. Right now, they're a bit too big and plain. Either cut down the size a bit or add more things to have it look more interesting.

Other than that, love the art and the story. Good luck on this!
Thanks for the encouragement!  And yes, the map is quite big and a bit plain at the moment, but there is a reason for it - this is updated progress, but the town of Pinewood is not done yet!  I've still got a little ways to go to make it look better.  ^.^

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
'With no knowledge besides fictional stories to help guide her '

That sounds really interesting! Does this mean that you may throw references to real world fiction books? Say solving a puzzle may depend on being familiar with some classic or modern tale?

Good luck!

Lydyn

Queen Bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, since this game will be meant for pretty much any adult, no ... I didn't plan on having prior knowledge of a tale being a requirement, haha. It's mostly just the idea that someone who's spent their life daydreaming of fantasy and sci-fi worlds can come to grips with such a crazy situation a bit sooner than someone who's spent their life focusing on the "real world."

And thanks!~

guitar74man

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks awesome.

Great progress... upwards and onwards!

:)

Lydyn

Queen Bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Important update everyone! I've joined the social scene of Facebook and Twitter! Read my post on the blog to catch a little bit more information about it, or just visit either in my signature. Be gentle, I just set them up, haha.

Blog Link

Lydyn

Queen Bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Important update!  I have an official website created!  Please visit it at http://lydyn1.wix.com/rubyqueeninc!

Also, I'll edit the main post later with new screenshots of the completed Pinewood map! So excited to have it finally done.  ^.^  Among other news, I am redoing the intro to be a bit smoother than it was before, so that's something. Also purchased Effectus (http://www.rpgmakersource.com), which I totally support if you guys can install it and have a spare $20 laying around. It really works, haha, but if not, go ahead and grab some neat freebie scripts.

Lydyn

Queen Bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With a new day, comes new screenshots! Feel free to browse the up-to-date ones and even check out a couple alpha screenshots at the website!~

JacobM

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Lydyn! The game is looking great! Can't wait to see more and keep up the good work! :D

Lydyn

Queen Bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes ladies (and gentlemen, I guess, lol),

I'm back. ^.^ I've been taking quite the long break, but don't be fooled! You better believe I'm dedicated to seeing this done. I've gotten some much needed time away from the project and have a few plans on doing mini-projects & maps in order to brush up my skills in order to revamp the game. The biggest advantage I have? I didn't get terribly far. The story, the characters, and the environments I plan on keeping... just mostly going to attempt at re-doing the first town and bringing more practiced mapping skills to the table.

In the meanwhile... tentatively... I'm going to see if I'm any good at composing some songs too... ^.-  Anyways, it'll be a little slow going, but I'm sure I'll be back in the swing of things soon!  o/

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Frelance Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you want feedback when it comes to musical themes, head toward the post your music" thread! People will be all too happy to give you (sometimes extensive) feedback on music.

Lydyn

Queen Bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you want feedback when it comes to musical themes, head toward the post your music" thread! People will be all too happy to give you (sometimes extensive) feedback on music.
Sadly, I've found without any education or previous practice in the past (like I played the flute in 4th grade?)... that I'm terrible at composing. Mostly because I feel like I'm sitting here just mashing keys and hoping it sounds decent. xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^
I wonder if I can go outside ye-

Government: lemme stop you right there
Alright, who's playing Jumanji? And whose turn is it?!
*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Narutoisnotover