Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I’m actually currently backing stuff up and preparering to completely wipe the C drive and re-install everything. Something I should’ve done long ago as I’m always running out of disc space.

Hopefully the laptop will run a little smoother after this in general. I still need a new laptop but If I can miraculusly get MZ to run I can wait at least another year if necissary.

Endafy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Endafy
Hey, you know what. I did mange to update from Windows 8.1 Pro ---> Windows 10 Pro (Woohoo! Although now I have problem navigating since I'm not used it yet... ) :kaoswt2:

As for MZ, When I press test-play now I do get a 1 second load screen same as before, but instead of a crash it actually takes me to the games title screen(!!!!). "Wow!" I thought to myself and paused for a second before pressing "New Game"... and then got presented with a new error:

View attachment 158952

I'm not sure what this here means but it seems to be more of a normal error in the game than something my laptop can't do? But who knows (not me).

So I pressed F12 and got presented with this:

View attachment 158953

And that's what I got. I'm super happy to have Win 10 running so whether I can get MZ to run or not, this is still a win but now I'm slightly optimistic/hopeful that *maybe* I can get MZ to run. Maybe.

[EDIT; After updating to Windows 10 Pro I can start and run the sample games made by Archeia and @Caz . For whatever reason, Caz's game has a huuuge frame drop as soon as it starts, we're talking 5-9 frames and it's unplayable. Maybe because of some fancy scripts/filters/effects she put in there? Archeia's game runs somewhat. I get 20-60+ frames depending on what's happening on screen. The effekser animations drops it to 20 for a moment otherwise it's usually around 30 when walking around.]

JavaScript:

(function() {
'use strict';
Graphics._throttle=false;
Graphics._canRender = function() {
if(!!this._app.stage){
return Graphics._throttle=!Graphics._throttle;
}else return false;
};
})();

Here add this scipt and it should make it run like normal, they need to fix MZ's rendering. Gotta say I am not a massive fan of it so far. Hope a reinstall fixes things for you :(

Last edited:

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes thank you. It seems a reinstall was worth it as I got back ~90GB of hard drive space as well (I wonder what was taking up so much space before?).

As for MZ though, I can launch and play the games now but the frame rate is horrible. It dips to ~20 in battle and there's 1.5 second long loading screens every time I change maps and it generally feels sluggish. So all things considered, I'll still not make a game in the new RM, it would be too painful. I'll have to stick to MV for a while longer I guess (which is a good excuse to actually make use of some plugins and animations that I've paid for over the years).

But... thanks to trying all this I now have 90 GB free space on my hard drive, Windows 10 and my drivers are up to date. So I'll still count it as a win.

I guess this pretty much means this discussion has reached it's end but in case anyone would like to add something I'll not request it be closed for now.

Thanks everyone!

Endafy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Yes thank you. It seems a reinstall was worth it as I got back ~90GB of hard drive space as well (I wonder what was taking up so much space before?).

As for MZ though, I can launch and play the games now but the frame rate is horrible. It dips to ~20 in battle and there's 1.5 second long loading screens every time I change maps and it generally feels sluggish. So all things considered, I'll still not make a game in the new RM, it would be too painful. I'll have to stick to MV for a while longer I guess (which is a good excuse to actually make use of some plugins and animations that I've paid for over the years).

But... thanks to trying all this I now have 90 GB free space on my hard drive, Windows 10 and my drivers are up to date. So I'll still count it as a win.

I guess this pretty much means this discussion has reached it's end but in case anyone would like to add something I'll not request it be closed for now.

Thanks everyone!
You need to add the script I posted to fix the performance issue. An update is in the works from what I hear around the Interwebz to fix it.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I might wait around and try again if an official update is released but meanwhile I'm holding off on porting my game to MZ since despite all the fun that's to be had with the new engine, MV is currently more stable and if worst comes to worst, it's good enough to release my game with.

I appreciate the help though.

Endafy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Well, I might wait around and try again if an official update is released but meanwhile I'm holding off on porting my game to MZ since despite all the fun that's to be had with the new engine, MV is currently more stable and if worst comes to worst, it's good enough to release my game with.

I appreciate the help though.
No shame in that I own every RPG Maker there is, now including MZ, and I haven't began my project yet but in the past up until 2019 I used RMXP! I did use VXA for a quick project but VXA/MV just weren't my bag of chips. MZ finally fits the bill of complete maker, but now they need to work on the stability and performance issues. I say use what you like best. If you are most familiar with 1 product, upgrading to lose functionality is never advised in the rpg maker community, at least where I am from. You can pick up the older ones for very cheap now from what I heard, my friend still uses 2003! Use what you like best. I know it's hard to justify a purchase but give it time, MZ will get fixed and by that time we will see some cool scripts made for it.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also own every RPG maker (except VX) but once I tried MV I couldn't go back to VxAce. Simple stuff like not being able to shift and use the mouse wheel to scroll in and out while mapping made me furious since I had gotten used to it. Plugins also made adding scripts a lot easier.

I guess until MZ gets patched up and is running well, MV is still the most recent up to date and stable engine. I really do look forward to using MZ in the future though because of the mapping layers and simplified plugin commands but I guess it can wait.

Endafy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I also own every RPG maker (except VX) but once I tried MV I couldn't go back to VxAce. Simple stuff like not being able to shift and use the mouse wheel to scroll in and out while mapping made me furious since I had gotten used to it. Plugins also made adding scripts a lot easier.

I guess until MZ gets patched up and is running well, MV is still the most recent up to date and stable engine. I really do look forward to using MZ in the future though because of the mapping layers and simplified plugin commands but I guess it can wait.

Yeah I am waiting on purchasing MZ for now, need a car etc just got a new video card and display. I want to see how it pans out. I just tried the scroll thing and that is super neat. I feel that MZ is going to be big in a year or so.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point
I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiaMaker1223