LTN Game's Plugins | Free & Premium Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by LTN Games, Jan 15, 2017.

1. DarkDragon76

DarkDragon76 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Ran into an error when trying to view a quest in the Journal menu. It says TypeError
    Cannot read property 'split' of undefined
    Any help would be appreciated. Sorry can't post screenshots right now.

2. brandos

brandos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
  3. LTN Games

LTN Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry for the late replies everyone, I never got notified of any new posts.

@Vandeliar I originally did not include customizations to the time hud because I planned on creating a separate add-on for full customization of a clock on the map. I will work on this within the next week. I will add switches and some convenience methods to Day and Night sometime this weekend.

@Farr You can close the tracker window, right now it's not attached to a keyboard key but using the plugin command QUEST HideTracker and QUEST ShowTracker will do what you're looking for.

@IAmJakeSauvage I will take a look at this today to see if I can reproduce the error. A few things you can do in the meantime is updating all my plugins (Core is most important) as well as update MV. I'll get back to you on the bug report later today though.

@DarkDragon76 Sounds like a quest has empty information. The split property is attempting split all descriptions words and objective words for the wordwrap. Take a look at your quests in the quest editor and ensure each one is filled out properly. I can't be sure but when you provide a screenshot I may be able to help further.

@brandos The quest editor will be able to convert gameus and game_stailers quests format into my format, I am about 80% done this feature and I will be sure to update you as soon as it's released and ready to go.

ZcheK and Wren like this.
  4. Farr

Farr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Interesting,

Is there a way that I can check if the questlog is on/off?
    I could create a common event, bind it to a key and turn quest log on/off with that.

LTN Games and Wren like this.
  5. LTN Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's all in the help section of the plugin ;) but it's as easy as using a script call like so.
    PHP:
    QUEST.tracker.isVisible() //Will return true if visible, false if not visible
    To be honest, I don't remember if I tested that script call or not hahah, so many plugins so little time, things can get pretty confusing sometimes.

6. Farr

Farr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Well, I made a script condition;

If QUEST.tracker.isVisible()
    Plugin Command: Quest HideTracker
    Else
    Plugin Command: Quest ShowTracker

But it doesnt return anything, the questlog still stays upthere.

Also I tried just the plugin command itself "Quest HideTracker" while I had a quest activated and I received this;
    Error: Can't detrmine the QUEST command: HideTracker, are you sure this is a proper command ?

7. LTN Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Farr, If the command can't be found then you must be running an older version, the latest version is 1.1.3, you can download it here.

While I'm here I might as well announce my 3 plugins currently in development.

TitleScreen Map
    You're basic title screen but with an active map in the background.

Event Labels
    Events with labels, because my project is so large with random events I need to label them visually lol.

DashFX
    Add dashing graphics to the character and some basic stamina with a gauge on the map. Maybe more stuff, not sure yet.

Plugins Updater (External Tool)
    An easy to use tool to update all LTN plugins and minimize headaches

They're common plugins (I think) but I am making a minigame and I need this functionality in it and I'd rather use all my own plugin resources.
    Maybe you have suggestions for these plugins while they're in development? If so, leave a comment and discuss your ideas.

8. DarkDragon76

DarkDragon76 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    @LTN Games
    I figured it out. It was because I had forgotten to remove the Game Stailer Quest.json. Thank you for the fast response!

LTN Games likes this.
  9. Farr

Farr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I updated and now everything works fine!

I made my common event and now I can turn on/off the quest log when I press Q.
    Yay!
    Also, worth to mention that the core plugin was also updated and it`s needed for the latest version of the quest plugin. (and probably all other scripts)

Thanks a lot dude.

LTN Games likes this.
  10. Solis

Solis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Am I able to use this with Yanfly's Core? I'm specifically referencing the Quest Helper.

11. LTN Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Solis I have no idea, how about giving it a try and letting us all know if it everything works. I have never received an incompatibility report so I believe you're in luck.

12. Solis

Solis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I did try it but the screen resolution in your core and her core don't give the same results :(

Well, I guess I can drag the screen sideways sand it seemed to work lol

LTN Games likes this.
  13. Zemtax

Zemtax Secret Open World Game Dev Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    G'day LTN! Just wanted to let you know that Auto-Bust and Item Categories are swapped on your website, as in each directing to the other from the .../plugins page.

LTN Games likes this.
  14. LTN Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Solis I'll add an option to disable the resolution features.

@Zemtax Thank you, it has been fixed.

Update
    Event Labels is almost complete, DashFX has been started. I also finished a Social Media Buttons plugin for the title screen, I'll upload tonight or tomorrow.
    I have not worked on any bug fixes or new features for currently released plugins but I will be sure to this week.
    Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

15. Solis

Solis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That sounds awesome! Thanks!!!

Also, quick question.

If I create a Conditional Branch, I can use this command to check if a quest is started?

QUEST.isStepComplete(3, 0)

Also Quest Complete # is not working. I copied the notes and changed the number to match the ID of the quest. It still says it's active and not complete and I do not get any rewards. I'll upload a screen shot of the setup. I know the event isn't the issue because the event goes through from 1-8 and then it activates the final switch to move again.

Basically, I want a soldier to send me to another solider. I can get this effect by creating switches but was curious if this one way too (i'd rather not use a switch).

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    LTN Games likes this.
  16. IAmJakeSauvage

IAmJakeSauvage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    EDIT: I'm dumb, nevermind - I was saving a chunk of my layers in the wrong place. -__-;

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    LTN Games likes this.
  17. LTN Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Solis How about using QUEST.isQuestStarted(questId) This will return true if the quest has it's started flag set to true. The started flag is set to true when you use the plugin command QUEST Start. As for QUEST Complete not working correctly, I will take a look into this.

@IAmJakeSauvage I'm glad you figured out your issue.

Right now the Quest Journal plugin is getting some work done to it, I'm optimizing the word wrap and adding line breaks. Plus I'm working on some other goodies, but I'm sure sometime this week we will see another update with some new features and more bug fixes.

IAmJakeSauvage likes this.
  18. IAmJakeSauvage

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey again!,

Is there a way to place your layers below the tilemap with the layers plugin? I'd still like to use my A1 tiles if possible.

Thanks!

19. LTN Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @IAmJakeSauvage Wait, are the A1 tiles not working correctly with my layers plugin? As of right now, my layers plugin adds each layer to the tilemap and the "z" property moves the image up and down on the tilemap. Lowest being the lowest on the tilemap (Ground) and the highest being the highest on the tilemap (Above All Characters). If you want to go below the tilemap a regular parallax should do the trick but I'm not sure what is going on with your project or what your current issue is, maybe I can help further if you explain what your attempting to do.

20. IAmJakeSauvage

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a way to get A1 tiles to go above the 0 "Ground" layer is basically what I'm asking. :kaoswt: