Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses

This page is for the old VXAce version of the game, there is a new version developed with MV.

> GAMEPAGE FOR THE NEW VERSION HERE <

############################
############################

HeaderSummary.png

Explore the world and the space above it, beat enemies and collect their skills, manipulate your environment, upgrade your base, unlock more heroes, mine gems&ores, craft weapons, raise plants and animals and use the produced goods to cook, then feed your heroes to increase their strength, or simply get wasted and start a good old bar brawl.
Build cities, raise armies, and lead them into battle.
Can you free the world from the tyrannical rule of Providence?

HeaderPrologue.png

The year is 255 AS.

It's now been slightly over two and a half centuries, since humanity suffered its greatest downfall, the Searing, brought about by Terra's own Defence Sattelites, that got taken over by Providence after a series of coordinated attacks.

Civilization is slowly building up again, but is nowhere near its previous heights.
The technological progress, held back by Providence, seems stuck in a medieval state.

This story follows the adventures of an initially small band of slightly wayward people, as they set out to recover an artifact, possibly containing secret millitary codes with the capacity to retake the hijacked satellites. However, the artifact in question got stolen from a merchant, by a bunch of mercenaries turned highwayman, and they likely won't give it up peacefully.

Where will their travels lead them?
What dangers will they have to face?
What obstacles to overcome?
What foes to vanquish?

There is only one way to find out.

HeaderCharacters.png

Ludus_Sophiae_Main_Characters.png
HeaderWorldmap.png

WoreldMapNew.png

History:
Terra was once home to a space faring civilization,
though not advanced enough to traverse the distance to the next solar system.
They spread out to the various planets and build Foundations.
These large space stations where created as footholds
for exploration and, in some cases,
preparation for later Terra-forming and settlement.

All this changed instantly,
when an until then little known sect managed,
to simultaneously release poison gas
into the Foundations life support systems
and turn Terra's Planetary Defense Satellites against itself.
The following cataclysm would later be known as the Searing,
or, as proclaimed by Providence, the wrath of god.

Countries:

Invidia:
The split realm.
Torn apart after the death of its former king, this country was split into factions, loyal to the various successors, and plunged into a 30 year war.

After the dust settled, only 3 factions remained.
One of them, lead by Joffrey Evyn, collapsed in on itself, after he failed to pay out the mercenaries, who's services he employed, to conquer much of north and central Invidia.

After their regicide, the leaders of the 3 biggest armies divided the conquered lands amongst themselves, though the newly formed borders remain contested until this day.

Superbia:
The lone island.
Home to proud and xenophobic clans of warriors. Rule over this isolated island is constantly shifting from warlord to warlord, the only constants being war and the presence of Providence.

Luxuria:
Land of love.
A rather small and unimportant kingdom, who's only claim to fame seems to be the unconquerable libido of its ruler and his never ending love affairs, which, more often then not, threaten this otherwise peaceful land.

Ira:
The artists of war.
If you want peace, prepare for war, and prepared they have.
Nowhere in all of Gaia will you find a more skilled bunch of warriors.
Every male child is trained in the art of war beginning at his sixth birthday.

The main export of this country are skilled mercenaries, which fought and won in every mentionable battle for the last century. With all this in mind, it might come as a surprise that Ira hasn't expanded at all, since its founding, and has never fought a war on its own territory. Just as they say, if you want peace, prepare for war.

Avaritia:
Land of merchants.
This country lies in the center of Gaia's main continent, bordering every other country except Superbia, making it the ideal place for trade among all nations.
It's said that its king would sell his own country – for the right price that is.

Gula:
The great desert.
A hungry country with little arable land, who's leader is known for his opulent banquets and not much else.

Acedia:
The sleeping giant.
A land which has seen better days, but still harbors the potential to rule the world.
Seat of the holy city, headquarter of Providence.

Albion:
The cursed island.
There is a legend of an island chain east of Superbia, however, no one who ever went there has returned alive.

HeaderBase.png

The Mundburg serves as your base of operation, it starts out as a run down fortress at the edges of Invidia and is restored partially in the beginning of the game. It can be expanded during the game with rooms such as a library, sickroom, bar, or bath. Different events/cutscenes occour between your playable characters and can unlock new quests among other things.
barnew.png

hellskitchen.png

bath.png

medicNew.png

HeaderRenaissance.png

While inside your base of operations, you control Broseph Iroth, gentleman butler and renaissance man.
Use loot and bought items as materials to craft more powerful weapon and Sphaerae
Farm plants and raise animals and use the resulting resources to cook food that can be used to increase your character stats and elemental affinities.

HeaderTown.png

Create your own towns with buildings, fitting for the region the town is in and overall progress you made, gather resources and raise an army.
Unlock new buildings and resources by playing through the storyline.

HeaderConquest.png

Use your army to take on neighboring towns, regions, or entire kingdoms.

HeaderBattle.png

Battles take place in semi real time, but the ability to stop time at any moment to devise a strategy or input commands. Skills are the same for enemies and player characters, once you have encountered and defeated an enemy, all his skills are unlocked for your party and can be trained with skill points that can also be acquired through battles.
You can equip 3 weapon skills and 5 Sphaerae skills. (with 3-5 regular and up to 2 elite skills, selected from the 2 elements determined by your equiped Sphaerae)

HeaderHS.png

Unlock Hidden Sphaerae abilities to manipulate objects in the world. Like move a wood log, light a torch on fire, freeze a puddle to a solid ice pillar, or melt a pillar down.

HeaderBrawl.png

Challenge opponents to optional bar fights in this guitar hero style mini game.

Social Media:

Credits:

Character Potraits:
pbjelly246

Icons:
Ails

Tile- &Charactersets:
candacis
Infamous Bon bon
Cyanide
Kadokawa
Chiara
Petschko
PandaMaru

Scripts:
# ¥ Yami Engine Ace - Overlay Mapping
# Bitmap Export v5.4 for XP, VX and VXace by Zeus81
# Free for commercial use
# Licence : http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
# Contact : zeusex81@gmail.com

Music:
Ingamename - Autor | Album | Track | Licence
Under Attack - Steve_Combs | Delta_Is - Symphony_For_Spaceman | Under Attack | https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
Main Theme - zero-project | Ambient symphony | Intro; edited (cut a part of the begining) | http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

Sound Effects:

Siren Noise | License: Public Domain | Recorded by KevanGC |

Last edited:

Rello

GERGtheNERD
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Profanity
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like the sins being your regions, that's really neat. Are those the looseleaf/mack sprites?

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
They are edited XP (RTP) Sprites.

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Quick Progress report:

I am in the middle of remaking most of the maps, here is a screen of the new version of the mundburg:

MundburgVersion3c.png

There have been changes to the resources:

- "Steel" no longer exists as a resource, same goes for all resources made from it. (This means there are now 3 clearly defined stages of development before the endgame, instead of the weird 3,5 that existed priro to this change)

- All weapons of a stage have been combined into a single resource (So instead of "Iron Swords", "Iron Daggers", "Iron Hammers", and so on, there are only "Iron Weapons". The main reason for this change was, that most weapons are produced by the same building anyway and that changing production was a pain, as you almost always had too much of one weapon class and not enough of the one you needed to produce specific units.)

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some very cool features you have in the videos. It's nice to see this kind of game being made well (from what I've seen in the vids). How long until a demo is released?

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Likely 4-6 month from now.

I did plan to have one ready by summer, but I have made close to no progress in the last month, since I spend my time remaking my maps and polishing systems.

Pretty sure I won't succumb to perfectionism, as I am going with a 90% rule, but it will likely take at least another month till I'll be back to creating new content.

Plus, there is a contest running in (and for the duration of) april, that I plan to participate in with a side project. (Which I don't plan to cancel, so, in the long run, it might be the best to get it out of the way this way.)

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sounds like a Gnostic version of X3 with ground content... Not a Bad Thing.

If you're going to go down that path (Sophia, Seven Deadly Sins, Albion, Providence, etc...), the storyline needs to back it up..

Don't throw that many appetizers at your players and fail to deliver on the main course.

From the bits you've shown, I'd expect to see some tough questions being asked about religion, cosmology, the nature of existence...

My kind of game :)

C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

Resident Weirdo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks really innovative. Good luck in making a game centred around town building, resource management and conquest. Which contest runs during April? Is it on this site or another?

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Mouser:

It all depends on what you expect the main dish to be. If you are expecting mana from the heavens, you might go hungry.

The plot itself is kind of an allegory and touches upon/parodies various mythologies.

The main character can be viewed as a secular messiah or technological bodhisattva.

Some themes would be:

- The nature of knowledge and the trustworthiness of revealed truth and eye witness testimony versus observation and experiment. (If an entity actually created the cosmos, wouldn't it seem reasonable to find out about its nature, by examining the nature of its creation, or if there there is no such entity, would it be possible to generate one?)

- Origins and constituent parts of the cosmos, the nature of complexity and simple processes that generate it (touches upon evolution, fractals, recursion and computational irreducibility)

- The nature of suffering and its cessation (Touches upon abolitionism, the hedonistic imperative and transhumanism)

Though most of that will be in the background for the majority of the time, since its a game, not lecture.

It's rather light-hearted in general.

Now, this could all bloody well backfire spectacularly, but if so, Ill make sure the train wreak will be a sight worth visiting.

@CashmereCat:

Its more of a 50/50 thing, whenever you conquer new areas you also unlock new explorable maps, that advance the story and may also lead to new towns/buildings/units becoming available.

The contest is held by IndieDia (a newcomer indie gaming site), and since the theme fits perfectly and they allowed this side project of mine (that's in prototype stage and would have begun production in April anyway) to enter, I decided to give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Improved world and remade land maps are done:

WorldMap2.png

InvidiaMap3.png

(all thats left before Ill get to make new content again are new sprites for the space shooter minigame and a different background for cooking)

Reactions: Gin

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
After a series of additions, cuts and multiple restructurings, I am happy to present (what I sincerely hope to be) the final version of the resources:

Resources0.png

Resources1.png

Resources2.png

Resources3.png

Resources4.png

Resources5.png
The order in the game is the same as seen in the pictures (except that there are no subcategories, its just back to back, all in one list).

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Food Items have been repurposed, they are no longer used to unlock Characters/Quests/Explorable Areas and are part of a buff system instead:

FoodBuffs.png

- Eating grants you points, you can get up to 7 points for each stat.
- Food can only be consumed outside of battles, there is a special menu showing current points.
- The first 5 points grant a 10% stat increase per point (10% for 1, 50% for 5), the last 2 points are just a buffer.
- After every battle, you loose 1 point in each stat.
- Each character has a different taste, normal food grants 3 points, food they dislike 1, food they like 5 points, food they love 7 points.

Z3br4

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice. Looking forward to this.

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Z3br4: Glad to hear.

@Topic:

The new system to generate soldiers is now done.
Some optimisations for the town building system are due next week, after that I can start focusing on content production.

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Not much happening these days, I have gone back into a phase of slow development and will likely resume work once my last other sideproject is done.

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Believed dead live longer!

After some time working on a side project and a prolonged period of illness, I am back at my game and working on it again since september.

Here are some newer screenshots:

hellskitchen.png

bath.png

medic.png

libarynew.png

barnew.png

ConquestBattleCardSelection.png

SkillsNew.png

StatsOverview.png

EquipWeapon.png

EquipSphaera.png

SkillInfo.png

The description will be updated at either chrstmas or new years eve.

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Last screenshots before the christmas update.

Here are a newer ingame Screenshot of the Town Building System (added backdrops) as well as an eagles eye view of the same Map:
Town1_Backdrops_Ingame.png

Town1_Backdrops_Overview.png

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Added major updates to the starting post (3 info sheets among other things), as well as a video of the Intro.

A new feature together with a video and info sheet will be released tomorrow and the day after that.

Happy holidays everyone.

Pierman Walter

Chunk Monster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow! This looks very impressive. It's obvious that a lot of work was put into both the story and the gameplay. There are a lot of weird references to other series, though.

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Edit:

Last day of the Holiday Updates. This time its the barn.

Next update is scheduled for newyear(s eve).

----------------------------------

Old Post:

@Topic: Todays another update day, this time its the greenhouse. (see first post).

@Pierman Walker:

Oh I bet you havent spotted even halve of them.

I jokingly refere to "Ludus de Sophia" as "Popculture references the game" or better "5 References per Second" (Yes, that was a reference to "5 cm per second")

Actually, I heard that the russians invented a new drinking game: Every time someone spots a reference in my game, everyone has to drink 10ml of Vodka. I heard its like russian roulett, just more effective, it has a 100% mortality rate.

On a more serious note, I guess those reference are because I just really really like to connect things, also got diagnosed with mild ass burgers.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh
So, I got let go from my current job because my skill set didn't align with the department's goals anymore. I have some hope, because I am currently in contact with a manager from a different department, and they are desperate for more employees. We'll see what happens... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamicon