Luna Engine blank and not working?

Ichida za Zeal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The two Luna Engine plugins I got with my download don't seem to work. When I load them into Plugin Manager, the parameters, descriptions, and the help file are blank.

luna.png

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Archeia is working on a tutorial for Luna Engine and Yami's tilemap plugin, however because she got sick the videos have been delayed. Please be patient while she works on getting them done, and enjoy the nice stuff MV has to offer :)

Ichida za Zeal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I don't think this is a case of me misusing it and needing a tutorial, it's a case of the plugin is blank and something seems like it's wrong completely independent of my usage of it.

If she's sick and can't provide a fix til later, that's fine. It just seems like the mention of the tutorials are neither here nor there. <.<;;

Ichida za Zeal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey, just checking in as I never got an actual answer about the plugin itself.

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lots of us waiting ^ ^

lithkast

Quirky mini boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Its blank because you have to customize the js file yourself. Open the Luna engine js file and you'll see what I mean. Use notepad++ to do so, or any js reading application

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
still waiting for guidance on this myself.

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hey, just checking in as I never got an actual answer about the plugin itself.
Yes, you got an actual answer from Zalerinian.

There are no parameters, description etc for the PluginManager. That's why it looks like it's blank

As lithkast wrote, you have to make the changes you want in the script file itself.

Vanguard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Use word pad, if you are using windows 10. I did and it worked wonders. But im javascript illit so ill just wait and see the vid she post on it.

Ichida za Zeal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Err... I'm gonna need a little more guidance than that...

umm.png

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Err... I'm gonna need a little more guidance than that...
I would advise you not to use the windows editor for any script.

Use notepad++ or sublime.

It looks "cleaner" and more readable in them , like this screen from notepad++

I haven't looked into the code, so I can't say anything about how to configure it.

And the tutorial doesn't seem to be out yet either.

Last edited by a moderator:

lithkast

Quirky mini boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Its not that hard of a process.  Get Notepad++.  its free, and its absolutely wonderful for editing scripts / plugins. 

Going to be honest with you, this wont be a plug and play script.  Luna Engine was never a plug and play script.  Back on VX Ace you had to put in the effort to get it to work for you.  It wasn't "hard" but it was time consuming and required you to understand how to read the script, as well as create graphics (if you wanted a really nice and custom menu).  The same is true for this plugin.  You have to get into the code, test things out, and make it work for you.

That means experiment, get your hands dirty, mess with settings and see what happens.  will you mess up?  sure will.  However, you learn and grow from your experience in it.  Don't be afraid of the code.

Just get Notepad++ and fool around with the plugin while you wait for a tutorial.  You'll be better off in the long run for it, I promise you that.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

3am me: So how do you feel about a character inviting their own character portrait to a tea party? =D

3pm me: //facepalms
I turned 17 two months ago and I feel like I've grown (personality-wise) more in this 1 year than all the 16 years I had lived combined.
Ugh, I may have been cumbersomely eventing a bunch of stuff I could have easily done changing the tileset "Passage (4 dir)" and "Ladder" options. Oops :D
I have no idea why some of the program "splash screen" always on top. E.g, RMMZ loading screen stuck on the top blocking anything I want to do until it fully loaded. What is even the purpose?
One of the secret places in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silvake1543