Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First and foremost, I am so sorry If I am doing something wrong when posting this.
This is my first time ever posting on a forum.

So as the thread title indicates I have a problem involving the Luna Engine, and hopefully it's
not something that is embarrassingly easy to fix because if that's the case I'm sorry for having
wasted anyone's time.

While working on my menu screen I realized that I couldn't figure out how to make the rectangle
space itself from one another vertically. The spacing only works when the vertical settings for lunatic mode
is set to false.

Spacing%20problem_zpswqownwyz.png

(Image 1)
(Example of what I mean when I say that I can't space the rectangle vertically)

Screenshot%20Details_zpsbek7dkuv.png

(Image 2)

On Line 51 vertical is set to true.
Line 57 explains that space can be done between objects.
Line 60 I think is supposed to do exactly that, yet it does not.

So because I couldn't space it; I dug around and found this.

Screenshot%20possible%20clue_zpsznib6tzn.png

Screenshot%20possible%20clue_zpsznib6tzn.png

(Image 3)
It explains here that in order to space the rectangle vertically I have to use :spacing_ver => __

Now after reading this I thought perhaps I should add It underneath the width and height text
shown in image 2.

Screenshot%20attempt%20solution_zpsmpia5dub.png

Screenshot%20attempt%20solution_zpsmpia5dub.png

(Image 4)
Line 86 is where I added the text

However even after adding that It didn't work. The rectangle problem remain unchanged.

Screenshot%20attempt%20solution%202_zpsrwysnwir.png

After adding it here however the game wouldn't start due to unknown text.

I'm new to scripts, so I don't know how to fix it >_<.
Can someone help me understand? I understand most of the Luna engine configurations however this
is really the only thing that is bothering me. Well that and the rectangle hitting a resolution cut, but one thing at a time ^_^;;;;

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Queries with scripts have their own section - for community produced ones, you post either in RGSSx Script Support, or in the thread for the script itself. Luna Engine has its own section so...
[mod]I am moving this to VXAce Luna Support[/mod]

Your images are not showing up. Please edit your post and try again. I think you might have forgotten to paste the actual URL where the images are.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gotcha!

I fixed the images. Under image 3 and 4 it says which I deleted but that seemed
to stay. Either way the images are all there so just ignore that text <-----

Also Thank you very much Kes!

Last edited:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
not to hikack your thread but I had the same problem and eventually gave up. I would like to have someone provide a clue as to what the solution is, so that we can all benefit from it.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't fully understand what you're trying to accomplish on the end product.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically as Image 1 shows the highlighted rectangle is aligned with the Actor name Eric.

I want the same to happen when I scroll down to Ernest.

However when you press down on the keyboard the spacing between the next Actor's faceset is not working.

I just want to space the rectangle cursor between each characters stats vertically.
I tried spacing the cursor on
Configuration Main Menu tab Line 60 :spacing => 32

However this only spaced the rectangle cursor horizontally not vertically, and vertically
is what I want the end product to be

Let me know if you need me to show something else. Or if you have any questions regarding my explanation >_<.

Attempt explanation 1.png

Attempt Explanation 2.png

Attachments

• Attempt explanation 1.png
    Attempt explanation 1.png
    312 KB · Views: 1
  • Attempt Explanation 2.png
    Attempt Explanation 2.png
    297 KB · Views: 1

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
no I mean, what are you trying to do on the finished product's look?
My first thought is that because it's counting the max amount of actors that is displayed at a time so it's not applying the spacing that easily.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Give me a second to take a screenshot of my game really quick!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To be honest I don't think I'm answering you're questions appropriately, however I don't really understand
what you mean by what I want to do with it on the finished product.Attempt Explanation 3.png

Attempt Explanation 4.png

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Did you try using Window Cursor Plugin from the Complete Script list?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This one is called window cursor, however it states here that its for changing the graphic of the rectangle in to a custom one.
It is located in the disabled scripts area.

Do you remember the specific name of the script?
I'll keep digging around on my end. Sorry again for being so complicated.

Uncertain script.png

I've checked so far Window_base, Default status menu, Menu Luna, Cp's Luna Party Config.
As well as the RTP Window_base, Window_MenuStatus, and Window_Status.

Just been doing small changes and seeing what they do and if they do nothing to change the spacing vertical then
I change them back to their original text.

Thought I found something In Name input script. It was called :sep_size => [insert number],
Sadly that was not the case. I'm going to try again tomorrow. If I ever find out the solution I will definitely
paste it here for anyone else to see. That being said if anyone else manages to find the solution please share.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
[dpost]Amber_lampz[/dpost]You can edit your previous post to add more information if you find later that there's something you wanted to say. Since very little time is going between these new posts the chances of someone reading things before they've been edited and replying after you've added something new is extremely small. Keeping things to one post should also help avoid some confusion.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
no I mean, what are you trying to do on the finished product's look?
My first thought is that because it's counting the max amount of actors that is displayed at a time so it's not applying the spacing that easily.

And I don't understand your statement.

It just seems to me that the window selectable is not understanding that you have a spacing set in the graphic positioning, thus it moves down just like you had a default menu.

If you had a menu with two actors and spacing between them at 100, the selectable window will still only move down as if it was the default menu. And the same if you have 8 characters in the menu (but maybe only 2 showing).
There is an option in one of the script to set the maximun number shown, but it doesn't change anything.
We are just missing something in the understanding of the scripts to know what controls the movement of the selection.
Do I make any sense?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And I don't understand your statement.

What I wanted to know was the final design of the person to understand what they're trying to do. It has been a while since I used RPG Maker VXA. Forgive me if I'm talking out loud while I'm trying to remember how this worked before.

@Amber_lampz

I'll try to figure out how to do this again and if you need Lunatic Mode but I would appreciate it if

1.) You can give me the screen resolution of your game
2.) How much spacing are you intending for each character?

EDIT:

I figured out the problem.
upload_2017-8-3_18-12-1.png

As you can see on this screenshot, the Rect inside the Menu_Status is not updating. And even though we have a resolution of 1024x768 and 800x800 windows for both Battle Status and Menu Status

upload_2017-8-3_18-12-37.png

I probably forgot a very specific combo of commands or there is a bug, I'll figure it out later.:rswt2:

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What I wanted to know was the final design of the person to understand what they're trying to do. It has been a while since I used RPG Maker VXA. Forgive me if I'm talking out loud while I'm trying to remember how this worked before.

@Amber_lampz

I'll try to figure out how to do this again and if you need Lunatic Mode but I would appreciate it if

1.) You can give me the screen resolution of your game
2.) How much spacing are you intending for each character?

Don't worry about it! At the end of the day it really is my problem and not yours, so any type of help
you give me is really great and enormously appreciated. ヾ( ̄ω ̄; )

Also my screen resolution is 640 x 480.
and the spacing between the characters is 28.

Earlier you said I didn't do something with line 135 involving the battler status which confused me a bit,
but thanks to that you actually helped me find line 222 which says select. This text basically uses an image
that you have in your graphic/system folder. It aligns perfectly with the Actors faceset and stats
(that is if you set the appropriate width and height). This is basically what I was going to eventually switch
over to anyway but for some reason my eyes just never seemed to focus in on that one text.
The window cursor plugin in had something similar to a skin for your cursor however, I got an Arg error on it and
not to mention the horizontal cursor would have still be non-aligned. Sorry for rambling off topic there.

Overall my problem is actually resolved.

However, I'd still like to know how you would go about doing the vertical spacing for future references,
in-case I come across an actual window that does not have a custom image select cursor.

This way I won't have to make another thread that has the same issue. Also I think it would benefit the community
as well since there might be some people who might not want a custom image cursor, but instead want the default rectangle one.
You could take as much time as you want, or if you don't want to do it that's OK too!

But besides all that THANK YOU 100 TIMES @Archeia and @Roninator2 for helping me out ^_^.

Oh! Before I forget this is still my first thread so is there anything I am supposed to do now? I mean even though my problem was figured out [partly] should I confirm the thread was solved? If so how do I do that?

If you want your thread closed so that no one else can comment on it then just report your post.
Link on bottom left.

But you're saying that the solution is with line 222 titled 'select'. Which script was that in?

It was located in the Configuration Main Menu script
In the
Line 135 Battler_Status = {

Line 219 # The select settings is if you want to add a picture graphic
Line 220 # when selecting an actor/battler.
Line 221 # -----------------------------------------------------------------
Line 222 :select => {
Line 223 :enable => true, # Enable select settings? True/False

This doesn't just apply to the Configuration Main menu.
Anytime you see

Battler_Status = {

chances are there will be a

:select => {
:enable => true, # Enable select settings? True/False

somewhere in there.
(From what I see so far they're 87 lines apart)

For example in the Configuration Item Menu Script
you can find the

Battler_Status = {

In Line 400

and if you scroll down in Line 487 voila
there it is! Just set it to true.

Like I stated however, this is for a custom image that you make.
This is not for the default highlighted rectangle.
So after you enable it some position correcting will definitely follow up,
however, the Icon perfectly follows the spacing of the contents.

By the way the image can be a rectangle/Icon you made or
got off the internet.
(if you want use someones icon or image though make sure to ask for permission!)

I'm so sorry that was a mouth-full but I thought it'd be best to be thorough.

I do have more questions but that's for another thread and for another time.
Last thing I want to do is keep bugging people with question after question
without trying to solve it on my own!

If it becomes too impossible though I definitely will post a thread!

Last edited:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you want your thread closed so that no one else can comment on it then just report your post.
Link on bottom left.

But you're saying that the solution is with line 222 titled 'select'. Which script was that in?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sorry, lot of unexpected hospital things. I'm trying. Life is hectic atm. I know it must seem like I say this every week. XD Anybody wanna trade me for awhile so I can game test and game make?
I love running events, I hate setting up all the awards at the end. >_> But you know, gotta do it :B :B :B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerodynamic877