Luna Engine MV Devlog

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see. It says a full release is planned for mid-July though(?)... which is now, or at least very soon. And if that’s correct than it should be more or less done.

On the downside, I went through the documentation and noticed it was kinda lackluster at the moment. Looking at the new video by Caz, the workflow also looks more or less like a light version of programming, requiring a Text IDE and all. I don’t mind this, but since I’m seriously unversed in scripting and code, I’m worried that with the current documentation I’d be more or less clueless.

That being said, I am very interested in this and would like to buy and use it in my project(s). I’m just unsure if I’ll be able to get into it.

Quick question(s). What happens if you install say, YEP_ShopCore.js as well as luna engine? Will yanfly’s UI layout be your starting point? Will it complicate things? Will it make things easier, especially if you like most of the UI as it is (with Yanfly’s plugins)? Can you edit and/or remove certain windows or components which are part of Yanfly’s UI but not present in the Vanilla menu? Will such windows and things be part of Luna engine’s files already somehow or do you have to copypaste over s lot of information?:kaoswt2:

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Parallax Panda I don't know how the MV version works, but the VX Ace version had (minor) problems with certain Yanfly scripts, and not a lot of support to fix it. Yanfly mostly worked, but if you had any non-yanfly stuff it was incompatible.
I don't believe you could edit or remove windows in LE itself (from an outstanding script like YA), unless you wrote a seperate module for it that fit Yanfly's script.
But maybe things are different now.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Quick question(s). What happens if you install say, YEP_ShopCore.js as well as luna engine? Will yanfly’s UI layout be your starting point? Will it complicate things? Will it make things easier, especially if you like most of the UI as it is (with Yanfly’s plugins)? Can you edit and/or remove certain windows or components which are part of Yanfly’s UI but not present in the Vanilla menu? Will such windows and things be part of Luna engine’s files already somehow or do you have to copypaste over s lot of information?:kaoswt2:
The documentation is pretty big I don't understand what you mean? The documentation is segmented and you can click on it by page. The documentation is 40 pages long explaining ALL your questions! It's also very similar to the concept of CSS if you are familiar with that.

Just check the ones here:
http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Individual_Scene_Window_Guide
http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Luna_Engine_Configuration_Guide
http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Luna_Engine_Limitations

TL;DR we even made an example how you can edit Yanfly Status Core. We explained how to hook to windows as long as you set the name and so forth. The sample video, Dragon Hunting is a combination of Luna and other plugins. Here's one with Olivia's plugins courtesy of Briar:

None of these apply in Luna MV. You can't "remove" windows but you can hide them (e.g. just throw them off far screen) that's how some programmers do it.

Last edited:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
just throw them off far screen
So true, that's what I had to do for a few scenes as I did not use the help window, so I moved it down below the screen size.

I look forward to using the new Luna engine for MV, as soon as I'm done my VX Ace game though.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Archeia
Thank you. Yeah it seems there were some things I missed. I stumbled into the Wiki on yanfly's page and thought that was the documentation.

Would you say the current build is far off the "final" version?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
@Archeia
Thank you. Yeah it seems there were some things I missed. I stumbled into the Wiki on yanfly's page and thought that was the documentation.

Would you say the current build is far off the "final" version?
It's complete and just missing some really good templates.

Last edited:

mazzy-elf

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really want this when I have some pennies, finally have menus how I want them to look I do hope its easy enough to learn though n_n

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is this going to be compatible with the Octopath Traveller Battlesystem?

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I hadn't seen the video sorry.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Same. I'd like to have Luna eNgine and Octopath Traveller plugins on Steam :)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
I don't know when to release in steam. I'm still thinking about it.
As for the Octopath Traveler scripts, they're not gonna be put in steam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I need a new option on YouTube that goes "Dont recommend videos/channels in this language because I do not speak it"
I've reconsidered having a subclass system for my first two games since there will already be plenty of variation in playable actors and usable items in the games. The third game will need it because of the basis for the story but I want the actors in the first two to be more focused in their roles.
Behold! The Sea Doggo.
I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenBratva