Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly, I don't see how a video tutorial is going to teach you how to use the Luna Engine any better than the work-in-progress tutorial being given here.

No offense, but have you even tried the following? :

- read through the provided Luna Engine manual?;

- read and apply the current step-by-step tutorial in this thread (which by the way, is still a W.I.P)?;

- open the script editor in the Luna Engine Base, read through the configurations, and experiment with the settings?

I do understand that different people learn things differently.

Check out Darangen's Luna Engine Video Setup Demonstration and compare how much easier or harder it might be to teach a person how to use the engine compared to this format.

Personally, I learn better when reading a manual or tutorial at my own pace and experimenting, rather than watch a 2-10 hour long video tutorial, but that's just me. ^^

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TiLu640

Thats kinda rude, Archeia is spending time making this tutorial for us and it is super clear the way it is, you should just spend the time reading it and if you don't understand it, then you need to learn more about rpg maker scripts, look for videos on that then come back!

Last edited by a moderator:

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I plan to do some videos once i wrap my brain around it totally.

I realize some times watching people do something in action makes it less confusing for SOME people.. only some.. not all.

Plus it would just be fun to make such videos for me.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

When can we actually get some video tutorials?
Please allow me to reply on this post you made and also the other post you made elsewhere, since I read both.

THESE comix-like tutorials are faster than videos, in teaching stuff. Trust me on this.

Even lazy people would prefer them.  Having no time to read them is not an excuse either, sorry. 

In ten minutes you can get a lot of info on how to do stuff.

And sorry if I sound crude but you really ask for a video tutorial,

while you could have obtained your answers in less time than waiting for a good video tutorial to be made.

Here is how:

Just post a question in the Luna Engine Boards thread.

It is under the SUPPORT category.

When you will post such a question there, using the button on the top right that says Start A New Thread,

everyone who knows how to help you out,

including the developers like Archeia, who actually makes the comix-like tutorials of THIS thread to help you and all of us out,

will come and lend you a hand. 

What I am feeling when I am reading your posts, is a feeling that you wanna put no effort to learn something, while demanding other people putting effort, in order to make something that will make you learn what you wanna learn.

So please tell me, why should anyone else put any effort for you, while you don't? 

I would not.

I might be wrong. I probably AM wrong about you. You might be the most adorable and hard working person in the world.

I do not criticize you here. I try to show you what is wrong with your posts, not you.  :)

So please, try making a new Luna Engine Boards thread and let us help you out.

Cheers.  :)

TiLu640

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I plan to do some videos once i wrap my brain around it totally.

I realize some times watching people do something in action makes it less confusing for SOME people.. only some.. not all.

Plus it would just be fun to make such videos for me.
Hey look one decent person so far...

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey look one decent person so far...
Everyone here has been decent to you so far.  You take it as no one wants to help you, but you've got one video tutorial, a visual guide and the manual.  It's not their fault you're ungrateful to the people that are trying to help you.  You know, because of replies like that, people that can provide support don't want to!  I know because I've spoken to them.  Various learning resources and you spit in their faces because you aren't being spoonfed the information and technically you already are.  You're lazy and ungrateful.  When I was told this was going up, I knew people like you would start posting.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm a visual learner myself but even I can learn from text especially if there are pictures and examples showing me how to do it. ( I lieks colourful pixturz)

If someone were to make a video they have to set up Luna before hand and even so people would ask questions about setting up the scripts.

Anyway, this is very nice. Although I have a question about the HP/MP bars in battle. I'm not sure if they will be covered in the battle HUD or not.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px] The filler (what I call it) that goes down when HP/MP is consumed is that in the window skin or is it a different overlay image? [/SIZE]

djDarkX

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a visual learner myself but even I can learn from text especially if there are pictures and examples showing me how to do it. ( I lieks colourful pixturz)

If someone were to make a video they have to set up Luna before hand and even so people would ask questions about setting up the scripts.
There's already a video on how to setup (and I think use) Luna here.  Hope this helps you in case you needed it. :p

Also, the bars you are talking about would still go under system.  They work using Luna, so if you want them to work, you'd put them into the System folder in Graphics.  It's not part of the WindowSkin.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's already a video on how to setup (and I think use) Luna here.  Hope this helps you in case you needed it. :p
I already know how to set up Luna. I was just explaining that it would be a hassle to include that in a video on how to set up the HUD. Which is why I think this tutorial would be better.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am a visual learner as well, 100LittleDreams and MikePjr, as well as a hands-on learner.

I doubt that the issue here is whether TiLu640 is a visual learner or some other kind of learner.

At the very least, she has proven that she can neither comprehend text tutorial, picture tutorial, video tutorial, or voice tutorial, as evident in the three threads that she has posted in.

What other way is there to teach a person like this than to personally go to their home and hold their hand while doing every single edit for them?

Everything that we have said so far has completely bounced off this person's head, and she's even gone as far as to imply that everyone else here are being indecent and unhelpful towards her!

TiLu640 never even mentioned if she has tried the tutorial, or which parts were problematic to her!

"When can we actually get some video tutorials?"

DungeonMind is right! You are being rude! And you have no appreciation for people's time, effort and patience!

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Anyway, this is very nice. Although I have a question about the HP/MP bars in battle. I'm not sure if they will be covered in the battle HUD or not.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px] The filler (what I call it) that goes down when HP/MP is consumed is that in the window skin or is it a different overlay image? [/SIZE]
Yup it's a bar. I'll be covering it soon as I post the next part of the tutorial! I was doing commissions so I was delayed.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yup it's a bar. I'll be covering it soon as I post the next part of the tutorial! I was doing commissions so I was delayed.
Ok I didn't know exactly what it was at first.XD No rush take your time. :3

marimo

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
@TiLu640: Hi! It's a shame the tutorial isn't much help for you at the moment, but what I've found to be helpful while I was using Luna was to approach it with baby steps! Always have a layout already designed before hand and ready to input in game.

And then start with something simple like changing the background, of say, maybe the status menu. I can't remember exactly what each script looked like, but I remember there being a section in each config menu that had a line for background (any sentence with # are comments left by programmers to help people that are using the scripts and to identify that section of codes) that had a line for you to input the name of your bg image, you'll have to remember to turn it on though, via making it "true" and making their use of default bg "false".

Also a great way to learn how to use it is to open the sample that has a menu closest to the one you'd like to make and check out their luna code configs in rpgmaker. : )

Once you get the hang of messing around with the coding, things like changing text positions and window positions are a matter of trial and error with their X and Y positions unless you have a program that lets you grab exact X and Y positions of anything. (and it gets a lot less scarier)

I'm also kind of assuming you know what X and Y positions do, but X is basically horizontal position, and Y is vertical. (just in case!) 

Everything else is applying that logic to different parts of menu because as the tutorial Archeia has helpfully provided, each section of the menu is labeled by their unique window names. 

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow... i'm sorry my comment about doing a video sparked so much ..  drama..

I swear it was not my intent.

On the topic of the "bars", i recall having to ask about those.. as i kept looking for the word gauge as that's what the default scripts call them, and even a lot of Yanfly's scripts use the word "gauge". lol

It had to be pointed out i had to look for the word "bar".

To be honest.. kinda surprised EB in the first place did not just go with the term meter. lol

That's what they are, a meter that gauges the amount of something.

djDarkX

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mike, it's not your fault.  You offered something that was already available and I'm sure that as soon as you posted the video, it wouldn't have been enough either.  TiLu640 is just being rude, nothing more.  You should still make the video for others as an additional learning tool.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I assure you that this 'drama' was not initiated by you, MikePjr.

Please do not open if you feel that you may be easily offended :

If you have followed TiLu640's posts, you will realize how little effort she has exerted to learn using the Luna Engine.She claims to that the provided Luna Engine manual does not provide sufficient information.

She willfully ignores the W.I.P tutorial that the Luna Engine developer is painstaking creating for us.

She keeps talking about wanting a video tutorial, but has failed to understand even Darangen's video demonstration.

She obviously and blatantly ignores the requests and questions that the developer has placed on her.

She has disregarded the opinions and posts of almost everyone except those that she felt were favorable to her sensitivities.

With exception to Andar, she has not thanked a single person on the threads she has posted on, and has asked questions to, even to Darangen who made the video demonstration.

The developer of the Luna Engine herself, Archeia, has posted the following to her :

- "You don't need a video tutorial, this one explains it for you and make you hands on. Just follow Ralph's instructions."

- "I would like to request that whatever issues you have, go make a new topic and post there as it is not wise to post in separate threads when all your questions can be answered in one."

- "What is it about the current tutorial we provided in the sticky topic that make it hard to learn?"

Andar tried to talk her into placing some effort into learning, and she responded to him, even though it was just to state that she was unable to learn about the Luna Engine.

She then claims to have spent over a week trying to learn the Luna Engine, but there is not enough information to support her. Again, Archeia posted after this to ask her what was it about the current tutorial that made it hard to learn, and yet she did not respond.

I am tempted to believe that she does not even own the Luna Engine in the first place, the way she keeps insisting for a video tutorial, and yet has not proven that she has even seen even a single code from the Luna Engine scripts.

I have, as yet, seen her mention in any of her posts on the boards regarding the specific problem that she is having with the Luna Engine.

Generalizing her problem as "I don't understand the Luna Engine" or "give me a video tutorial" is not helping her or anyone else including the Luna Engine developer, in identifying her problem.

How can anyone be expected to help her in her problem if they have no idea what the actual problem is?

I would be happy to be proven wrong if someone could show me even a small proof that she has seen or tried to edit even a single number in the Luna Engine configurations.

I can understand that a lot of people are having problems with the Luna Engine, but at least they have shown that they have tried to tinker with the scripts, are able to verbalize their issues, and are willing to learn, and/or try to tackle the problems.

These people I can empathize with, even with those who are unhappy with the Luna Engine or still have problems with it, because they show that they are really trying to learn.

I do not believe that she is lacking in intelligence, but she is showing herself to be an entitled, spoilt, unappreciative and ungracious individual who believes that the world should cater to her needs without her needing to make any effort of her own.

Either that, or she is deliberately trying to spark and create a full-blown drama here in a passive-aggressive fashion. She certainly is succeeding, if that is that case.
I sincerely apologize to you, MikePyr, for being a cause of your guilt, and to the developer of the Luna Engine for somehow turning this into a drama thread, but I feel that I have to state the facts, as well as my own opinion of the issue at hand.

It is a great idea and very kind of you to consider making some videos to help others.

I do hope that you are able to master the Luna Engine and create out-of-this world GUIs!

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, stop throwing mud at each other, do not engage in personal flaming. Behave. I've cleaned up the thread and hidden some posts. Let's get back on topic, okay? No more finger pointing.

Mako

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Making my Luna Engine purchase worth the $$ thank you can't want for more! I need my menu to look like that screen shot.

Traverse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Forgive me if I am wrong about this, but if the previous screenshots of the Nikaia font came from this site, I'm not sure that the font is free anymore (if it was at the time you purchased the license). At least not for use in a commercial game. It may be free for personal or website use, but to use the font in a game project would seem to require an Application License, the price of which is $150 on that site for each of those fonts listed in the screenshot.

In addition, under the link that you gave for Nikaia you'll notice that amongst the four license icons underneath the name, the Application icon is greyed out. If you click on that, it will say that the license does not allow for embedding in application and software (ditto for portable document embeds). If you check the License tab, it explicitly says that licenses for applications and games "may be available for an additional fee" and directs you to contact the website I linked in my first paragraph for details. I'm not sure about Neuropol X, but it might be worth double checking that font too just to make sure it actually is usable as well.

Unless the fonts were only provided and meant to be used for the sake of this tutorial and personal practice, in which case it might be worth clarifying so lest somebody attempts to use one in a commercial game without a proper license (as slim as the chances of getting into trouble may be).

EDIT: Before this is mentioned, I am well aware of the difference between embedding and redistribution and would also like to point out that none of the "free" licenses available for Nikaia would seem to allow for redistribution either.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*le typical company rebranding that changes and adds absolutely nothing has arrived
Degica Games has become Komodo! Be sure to read more at the link below.

DarkAdria wrote on  Masked 's profile.
Hello, sorry to bother you. I have tried to send you a private message, but it indicates that due to the privacy settings it is not possible.
Some time ago, I finished my project and made a port for Android. Because the original idea was to play the game with a keyboard on PC, playing it with a mouse caused some bugs. (max 420 characters)...
Another day, Another migraine, I found out that the game is broken about the .... Stuff.... Im not best at coding and, I got this billion error, so no choice, I think the error is from Yanfly's SkillMastery...... Fixing it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinnydork