sbloom85

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]@Mako [/SIZE]I might actually be able to help you out.

But you should just realax a bit and tell me [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]what exactly do YOU need to do with Luna, instead of stating that "this sucks" just because it doesn't solve your problem.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]So shoot me with any question, I think I almost figured this out.[/SIZE]
Would it be alright if I stepped in line for this? I think the UI I want is a bit more complicated, but I'm willing to learn and RGSS has never been an easy thing for me to use.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, because this might count as a thread hijack, please open a new thread and I will be coming to give you some help if I can.   ;)

I am not a developer, neither a Ruby magician yet, but I can figure out some things in Luna and RGSS no problem.

I just made Luna work for me, so this is good news I guess.

So waiting for your thread I guess. Me and everyone else. ;)  

sbloom85

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Cool cool. I was actually expecting PMs, but that will work.

Mako

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 "this sucks" refers to the revelation, and yes it still sucks, no two ways about it. Not to be confused with "this tutorial sucks" because I'm sure I implied this tutorial was good and the whole reason I bought Luna Engine.. I am very calm, I'm not really trying to figure this out I liked the assets and was understanding it just fine. But now that I have to use a different menu I have to learn things how I want them (cool to) thanks for the offer of help cool as a cucumber over here.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

"this sucks" refers to the revelation, and yes it still sucks, no two ways about it. Not to be confused with "this tutorial sucks" because I'm sure I implied this tutorial was good and the whole reason I bought Luna Engine.. I am very calm, I'm not really trying to figure this out I liked the assets and was understanding it just fine. But now that I have to use a different menu I have to learn things how I want them (cool to) thanks for the offer of help cool as a cucumber over here.

Oh, my apologies. I misunderstood you.  :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's great news Archeia. The first part was brilliant and as a scripting idiot, I need all the help I can get.

Mako

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Don't worry guys, we got most issues sorted so I'll be continuing the next part of this tutorial soon :)
Thanks I owe you a hug, the juice or a real hug your choice.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I have it now and I searched it on Steam only to understand it was a DLC and not like Game Character Maker where you have to load the material in an interface to repaste it elsewhere after visualizing it.  It explains a lot of my prior confusion to think it came with tabs and buttons and sub-menus or all plugged-in straight to RPGMaker like the default character generator.

No worries... I'll have to revisit some of my native language help.  ^^;

I realized by now the best way to go trough this is to open up the themed projects and just shuffle and look what it affects and where.  Thanks for the tutorial BTW.

ALTERED STATE ?

They/Them
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In relation to people who say this sucks, most of the people on Steam and (other places but mostly Steam) are jerks...

But I found this tutorial to be explained very well

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In relation to people who say this sucks, most of the people on Steam and (other places but mostly Steam) are jerks...

But I found this tutorial to be explained very well
Not all steam users are jerks. And no one directly said the tutorial sucks.

sbloom85

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but the tutorial just started, and, at least for me, it doesn't explain anything. I am looking forward to more, though.

ALTERED STATE ?

They/Them
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know that is why I said 'Most people' Maybe it is just the types of games I play... no one hardly says that directly.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but the tutorial just started, and, at least for me, it doesn't explain anything. I am looking forward to more, though.
You don't sound like a jerk you just said it doesn't help you

I need to work on communication skills

sbloom85

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know that is why I said 'Most people' Maybe it is just the types of games I play... no one hardly says that directly.

And I seriously need to learn RGSS.  :guffaw:

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You're not being a jerk you just don't understand the tutorial right now and thats fine.

I dont think you know what I meant by calling the tut stupid directly. No one literally said "This tutorial is stupid." 

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think it's about where the user comes from. It's basically the user themselves who are nice or jerks.

sbloom85 and 100LittleDreams are Steam users if I'm not mistaken and they're cool. They have been very patient and understanding.

I have quite a few acquaintances who are Steam users and are nice as well. ^^

I can see that Alter means well. I share Alter's sentiment, but I'm not going to go into detail anymore.

@sbloom85:

You don't need to know RGSS to use the basic configurations. If you like, you can PM me and we can mess around with the variables in the basic configurations so that you can get an idea of what they change, while waiting for Archeia to recover from being burnt out and restart the tutorial.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
<---Jerk here! 

I do hope to make it up for the 2 or 3 trolls I saw on the RPGMaker VX Ace I saw on the community!

sbloom85

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With Susan's help, I was able to play around with this. And here are some results.

a9togjv7eil00uhzg.jpg

As you can see here, I simply repositioned and resized a few windows.

The circled part of the battler status area I'd like to move completely to the right end of the window, but I'll figure that out later.

dnl2ngc7aos9zfhzg.jpg

As you can also see, I center aligned the text in the command menu.

sbloom85

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just got some of the HP/MP stuff over to the side.

dy7fd25l2nrcb7yzg.jpg

I'll continue playing around until I make it look pretty.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When there's a will, there's a lifehack. :ninja:

Before i mess with battle UI further, does it look decent enough? :hswt:
Free MZ? That's good. I should go try it out then.
Let's see if I can make it in time xD
Knipsel.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squirrelears