Luna Engine Video Setup Demonstration

Discussion in 'VXAce Luna Engine Support' started by Darangen, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Darangen

Darangen Veteran Veteran

A lot of people have been asking for a video of how Luna Engine works. Here's an idea of what Luna can do for you.

Marquise*, sabao, Kvich and 10 others like this.
  2. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Good job making this setup demonstration video, Darangen!

For some reason, I find your narrative amusing at times. ^^

Luna Engine does require patience to learn and apply, but the results are worth it, in my opinion. I find that it isn't that hard to use after all once I got used to it. There are still parts which I have yet touched.

You may spend even a few days trying to edit and reposition your GUIs, but once you're done, it'll be all set for the entire game.

It'd true what you say regarding most of the work being done in an image editting software, as well as adjusting the images to make sure they end up where you want them to.

Again, good job and thank you for taking the time to make this video!

Even if this video basically just shows some of the settings and how they apply to the GUIs, I hope that it may benefit some people in one way or another.

Can't imagine how many days or weeks it would take to make a few hours long video showing how to configurate the entire Luna Engine line by line.

Marsigne and Dalph like this.
  3. MikePjr

MikePjr Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Rather helpful.

Hope i can make what i want with this, about to buy it on steam.

4. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice video.

5. TiLu640

TiLu640 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The only thing that happens after I put in the new scripts is my game insta crashes on startup.  :/

6. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Read the tutorial we had in here and READ the important notes at the end of the manual.

Marquise*, djDarkX and Dungeonmind like this.
  7. TiLu640

TiLu640 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sorry, but I just need more info than what's provided.

8. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    It does have enough info. In fact here's what's written in the manual.

And even then you're not clear what kind of error or crash you are getting. If you read our manual there are steps and requirements we need before you send in a bug report.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    djDarkX likes this.
  9. Darangen

Darangen Veteran Veteran

The info is there, you're just not reading it.

Copy the .dll file from the luna sample to your game folder.

Dreadshadow, Susan, djDarkX and 2 others like this.
  10. TiLu640

TiLu640 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is there a faster way to copy and past the scripts from the demo to your game?

11. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Disclaimer:

I do not normally follow users around the forums just to read and reply to them, but the fact is, you are asking for the same thing in two separate threads, and you have just proven something yourself.

Once again, TiLu640, I have to tell you that I mean you no offense, but you have just proven yourself that a video tutorial might not be as effective as you think it might have been.

Perhaps you should return to the tutorial thread and try reading the step-by-step instructions again?

Also, in response to your latest post, the fastest way for you copy and paste the scripts from the demo to your game, is to copy the entire Luna Base Engine project folder.

It would be best for you to start from the Luna Base Engine itself as your new project file, and slowly copy other scripts into it one-by-one to avoid script conflict, rather than the other way around.

12. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I would like to request that whatever issues you have, go make a new topic and post there as it is not wise to post in separate threads when all your questions can be answered in one.

Marquise*, Dalph, Susan and 2 others like this.
  13. SerpentRose

SerpentRose Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Probably a dumb/noob question but, am I to understand that if I want to copy my 30-or-so scripts over from my current project to the Luna demo in one go, I simply copy-paste the entire project folder over and overwrite the files in the demo? Or should I do it the other way around? And where do new scripts go in the demo now, since there's no Materials category? I read the manual and even Archeia's tutorial twice and didn't see any info on it.

14. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm sorry, SerpentRose, are you directing that question at me?

I'll just assume that it is, since you quoted my post, sorry if you didn't, though. ^^

And don't worry, there's no such thing as a dumb question. The only dumb question is one that is never asked.

The important thing is that you ask it, try it out and ask again if you have any problems. ^^

In regards to my previous post:

The response earlier was a reply to a query about the fastest way to copy and paste scripts over from the demo to the game folder, since you would also need the image files and fonts as well. [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]If that person had continued to ask her question for clarification, I would be able to know what she needed and would have responded accordingly.[/SIZE]It's usually best to start from a new project when you're new to the Luna Engine.
    It sounds like you have a lot more scripts than even the Luna Base Engine.

New scripts are added on via the Script Editor (Hotkey: F11).

I assume that you're already in the middle of creating your project.

The instruction below is designed so you can test for script incompatibility.

Here's what you can do:

- Create a new folder.1) Copy over the entire contents of the Luna Base Engine or any of the premade demos that interests you.

2) Now, copy over the entire contents of your own project into that new folder. (Copy, don't cut and paste, since you'll need to access that project again).

3) Overwrite all .rvdata2 files except the Scripts.rvdata2.

4) Now, while copying over the rest of your project, you shouldn't have to overwrite any of the image files inside the Graphics/ folders. If a window pops up saying that you have to overwrite ***.png file, I recommend that you change your project's image file's name, rather the one from the Luna Engine. The reason being that it will be faster for you test your project faster.

5) Once you have combined both projects, it's time to open the project and test run. Open the status menu and enter battle to make sure that the GUIs are working as they should. (i.e. no missing image files, or script errors).

6) Now, assuming that the GUIs are working properly, it's time to copy and paste your own scripts over.

7) Open your original project file, and the new combined project file. You can lay them out side-by-side or one over the other, it's up to you.

8) Open the script editor for both project files. Copy the scripts over 1 by 1. You can place the scripts below the other scripts, but above "Main". Test run each time you copy a script over to see if there are any incompatibility.

8.1) Alternatively, you can just copy and paste all 30+ scripts with the Luna Engine scripts at a go and test run to see if there are any script conflicts.

9) If at any time an error occurs, the last script you added is the most likely culprit. As you will need all the scripts available in the Luna Base Engine or most of the scripts in the premade demos, it would be advisable for you to:

- remove the conflicting script altogether, or

- remove the script and find an alternative script, or

- try to contact either the script's original scripter, or the Luna Engine dev to see if they can make the script compatible (You can ask the Luna Engine dev by posting your question in a new thread).

Please let me know if you run into any problems, or need me to be clearer.

Good luck! ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
  15. SerpentRose

SerpentRose Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Susan: Ok, I got it! :D Thanks a lot. <3 Being familiar with modding Skyrim like crazy, I'm gonna do this the non-headache way and just playtest after each script addition. There's gonna be an update on compatible scripts when I'm done, too.

Susan and Dreadshadow like this.
  16. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No problem! Feel free to ask anything anytime!

Merry Christmas and good luck! ^^

Marsigne, Dalph and Dreadshadow like this.
  17. Allerka

Allerka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That was indeed handy. Thanks!