Luna Menus: Sharing and Feedback!

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys! I wanted to create a thread where users can share and get feedback on their work in progress menus. This thread kind of works like the Game & Map Screenshots thread but instead of maps, this one is dedicated to menus (The same rules apply as well, I’ll list them below).

Another thing worth pointing out, you can post your menu skins/themes without them being configured into Luna. (One of the main reasons is because Luna is not out yet, derp). It is also important to get a template going in your favorite image editing program because it will help you get a feel for your menus look and help you get measurements. (Beats making minor adjustments to the configs 200 times).

I am interested to see some of your ideas! ^^

Here is an example of a post if I were to make one.

As you can see, this post would have had 10 shots in it and would have taken up a lot of space. Using the spoiler tag helps reduce the size of this thread greatly. Also, labeling your menus will help other people quickly find and identify a certain screenshot.

*This menu has not yet been implemented so you might notice a few things missing.

**This menu uses an animated background with the red fog.

***Finally, I reused resources to fill in a few missing pieces I plan to add later.

Main Menu

Item Menu

Status Menu

Skills Menu

Equip Menu

Save/Load Menu

Quest Menu

Shop Menu

Here are the rules for this thread.

1.       Please, please, please use spoiler tags to put your images in. if you have more than 2 menu screens to share, then a spoiler tag would be necessary.

2.       Screenshots or artwork for menus only (with the exception of Battle Luna. that counts as a menu skin).

3.       Do not quote screenshots, You can refer to someone’s post by using @User

4.       Be civil and constructive when giving out feedback

5.       Do not repost your menus unless you made changes or if it falls behind 2 pages and you did not receive feedback.

6.       All other forum rules apply.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is pretty interesting but I found the command section a little fade 

I mean all is pretty fancy but the command seem like not have special option but

this is only my opinion ;3

for the equip scene saddly it will be cool if they have faceset or something like that it sound a little empty without that

I love how much is cool the layout 

for the save layout this is really original I hope luna engine offer the chance to add more information in the system? 

I hope I don't offense you D: 

I just wanted to offer my comment I just hope this is not inapropriate

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ahh that's a nice idea :)

Zasian

Advanced N00B
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a great idea, one I plan to contribute to once I finish my menu's (to a point)
Good work on this though, fantasical idea and can't wait until other luna engine user's start using this thread more and sharing thier current works in progress. Myself included.

ElementalLight

Resident Anime Junkie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
hmmm good idea would be best to get to know how i want the menu before luna comes out hu ............ lol

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright I've nearly finished my main menu. I'm not too happy with the bottom yet, but I think the rest has turned out nicely. Any feedback is welcome :)
(Oh, and don't steal.. or I'll hunt you down)

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
This looks really great. Can't wait to get the Engine and try something similiar :)

Reactions: BCj

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright I've nearly finished my main menu. I'm not too happy with the bottom yet, but I think the rest has turned out nicely. Any feedback is welcome :)

(Oh, and don't steal.. or I'll hunt you down)

-snip-
Beautiful screen! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BCj

cybrim

Tinker of the Nether
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
May the metal Gods be with you... I mean this is awesome!

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The guide(s) do not say anywhere that the .DLL within the Luna folder is required - only this!

 If the game auto closes, don’t forget to add TRGSSX.dll in your game’s folder.

Surely this should be in the requirements section?

(Sorry if I sound a bit irate, I had to disable all my scripts before collaborating with others to find this issue, lol)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Um, that is why the Luna Engine Base has it? The manual says it already under IMPORTANT section IIRC. How is that different from requirements?

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Personally I just copy that folder for the engine and start from there on a game.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Um, that is why the Luna Engine Base has it? The manual says it already under IMPORTANT section IIRC. How is that different from requirements?
Because most people will look in the requirements, add everything as stated, then try it out before looking in the entire guide again and then seeing important.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just like everyone reads the forum rules? ;)

I do agree it might be helpful to add into the beginning if there's ever a revision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

werewolf and his friends added!!

YAY! I just posted my third Guide! Setting up STEAM Integration in RPG Maker MV WITH updated NW.js (huge performance update)
rux
MUCLSES!!! :epicface: :epicface:
If you're reviewing someone else's game, don't focus only on the negative and criticize them. Use positive constructive feedback. As game developers, we need to empower one another; not put each other down.
just posted a song I made for my game a while back... I sampled the HEY from Earthworm Jim's Snot a problem levels lol...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beasuce