Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Lunacity
Summary:

In the futuristic city of Luna City, Jia is a detective sent to investigate a murder in the downtown. The city hasn't been faring well as it has in the past, so while the upper sectors haven't been seriously affected, the lower sectors have noticeably ruined buildings and have fallen greatly from what it was in the past.

Contents of the game:

• Battles are on hoverbike. You move forward while avoiding the obstacles and fire at the enemy to weaken them before getting to the finish line. 
  • You have stats that determine what you can fix, how much info a character wants to give you or what doors you can open.
  • Sideview perspective
  • Side missions to earn money/rewards

GEBat67.png

u5O3BbV.png

8mrO2jk.png

Battle system in action! Use your shield, freeze the enemy temporarily and dodge the obstacles!

9wKjJIz.png

Certain situations and doors can be passed if you have the right stats.

2opO6kH.png

Equip ammo for different effects on your attacks.

Made for the All Hallows' event for 2013! Featured in Gamejolt and had a review post in Indiestatik! 

http://indiestatik.com/2013/11/19/lunacity/

Download:

Lunacity

Credits:

Ocean's Dream -developer/pixel artist/cheesecake eater

Hirei- Portrait art + Title logo

Daj/Newblack - Writing assistance

Last edited by a moderator:

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
Man the layout of this thread is just too fantastically eye-candy. Simple yet effective. I love how you didn't use any formatting and alignments and still the thread looks gorgeous. Great job.

Jokes aside, dang, I should really spare some time and give this a go. Gameplay seems interesting, and the custom graphics look pretty. Pretty incredible how you could do all that in a short one-month time frame.

C-C-C-Cashmere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This thread looks amazing. High detail font, asterisks in place of each bullet point - breathtaking.

That said, I need to play this game.

SnowOwl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
I'd take this layout every time over all the people with size 100 fonts and 10 empty rows between each line of text.

That said, the game looks good, I especially like the city background, which looks very nice.

OceansDream

Resident foodmonster
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Thanks! Yeah I'm kinda used to project threads from a while ago. I should actually prettyfy my project threads up but it's kinda weird to me as I'm not really used to that. Or maybe i'm just too happy to get my game out there? I DUNNO. But yeah I hope it's liked and feel free to send me any feedback if you'd like!

RobbieLA

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really like the art style and general atmosphere of this, I'll download it and give it a try.

dragonborn99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
Oh my, this looks excellent! I am downloading this now!

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This was fun! Even if I am completely horrible at the hoverbike battles (I failed to capture so many people; luckily I finally had a handle on things by the time I got to the final one haha)

I liked the style and atmosphere that was going on. It would be neat to see it expanded to a longer game. o: Also, Jia's design is really great~<3

Edit: I meant to ask, do the people ever fight back in the hoverbike fights? And was there ever a way to restore your LF and EN? I feel like I missed something there. Felt like I was at 4LF through the whole game.

OceansDream

Resident foodmonster
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Oh glad you liked! Haha yeah I would have liked to put a better tutorial so it can ease people in a little more. But yes the atmosphere and setting was what drew me into making the game!

It'd be nice to expand it, I thought of that too. Maybe in the future...

as for the questions...

A) Nope. All damage to the player is done by hitting the obstacles. I had planned for enemies to fire back at the player and stuff but that never happened. Time constaints!

B) LF is restored by Repair Wrench items (and the amount you heal is based on your repair skill). You can also use a cure spell in battle but your energy needs to be 5. Energy is regenerated in battle, and that's it.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh gee, I remember reading that about Repair Wrenches at the very beginning, but somehow forgot about it down the road when it mattered more. Thanks!! Makes me want to load my game and put Jia's LF up to full and resave just because...

Boy, do I understand time constraints! :S It stinks when you don't have time to implement some of the things you want to implement, but I guess that's part of the challenge in the long run. If you decide to expand it, you certainly have a fan in me, but I'll also understand if you have other things you'd rather be doing haha

Ohh, I forgot to mention the first time that that city backdrop is absolutely gorgeous. The colours are really great *^* the orange and blue---yes. So good.

moon

the moon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just finished this, people should really give it a DL/Play

Super well presented, amazing music choices throughout, atmosphere and vibe is totally convincingly sold.

Little rough around the edges (mainly due to time constraints I guess) and the dialogue and pacing could do with some polishing up, but other than that I enjoyed this short, rich gam very very much. I just wish it was longer and that Ocean had the chance to spend more time to spend on it.

Awesome little cybperunk-noir police mystery. Reminiscent of Policenauts/Blade Runner in tone and stuff. Yeah I loved this, despite all the boggles. Mucho Recommendo.

Maxjonathay

Jonathay
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Luna City it's a great game
First think you must to know is, I DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH
i can understand, but whatever, i'm here asking permission to translate this game 'Luna City' to Brazilian Portuguese

I hope you understand me. 

OceansDream

Resident foodmonster
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Eu no fallo português

If you want to try, feel free. I'm kinda curious how it'll turn out!

And thanks guys, glad you all enjoyed it :D . I will try to make a longer game next time so I can take my time with it and have more time to play! ....also brushing up on writing skills...

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Why the hell this game doesn't have all the attention it deserves? Seriously...are you people blind or what?

This is short, but freakin' awesome, with lovely noir atmosphere and amazing graphics, also the hoverbike battles were a lot of fun to me. 

I agree with moon, it kinda reminds me about Blade Runner (one of my favourite movies), there aren't enough RM games with a cool cyberpunk theme, it's certainly worth a look!

What a shame people, play the hell out of this thing!

Maxjonathay

Jonathay
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Eu no fallo português

If you want to try, feel free. I'm kinda curious how it'll turn out!

And thanks guys, glad you all enjoyed it :D . I will try to make a longer game next time so I can take my time with it and have more time to play! ....also brushing up on writing skills...
Hello, i'm back and i'm finishing the translation of your game "Lunacity", want to take a look?

beside that, the correct is : Eu não falo português  :D

OceansDream

Resident foodmonster
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Ahhh I am wrong, I was trying to do it from memory! Sure send the translated version and I can take a look!

and thanks Dalph! I will hypnotize them all to play my game

Maxjonathay

Jonathay
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ahhh I am wrong, I was trying to do it from memory! Sure send the translated version and I can take a look!

and thanks Dalph! I will hypnotize them all to play my game
I will send to you by email

OceansDream

Resident foodmonster
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I got your email! 

q5y5zcb.png

Sample, as I'm testing it out. Just going through the dialogue to see how it's like in Portuguese! :D But yay awesome! Feel free to let me know what the other Brazilians think of the game too!

Sir Eiridan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This game looks awesome. Definitely gonna try it out :cutesmile:

OceansDream

Resident foodmonster
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
OK, enjoy it and feel free to tell me what you think! 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

cant figure out how to change my pfp
ig im stuck as the question mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metric