Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
QuestShot_zpse02b9d3f.png
Story
Genre- Sci Fi Western RPG
Lunaris - A Legend Begins is about a woman named Miranda living a hard life in the rough town of Mastet in the old west. Miranda experiences trauma and loss at a young age. Defiled, betrayed and labeled a villain she was forced to grow up early or become a victim drowned in the realities of this desolate place. She rises up not only to become a stronger person, but also to take the title of legend and sometimes a hero.

Not everything is what it seems in the west. Time changes things, legends are forgotten and sometimes the sands of time reveal things we wish we hadn't. It's kill or be killed in the old west, but sometimes things just can't seem to stay dead.

​
Character
 ​
Miranda_zps19bd3e04.png
Miranda
Miranda is a woman in her mid-30's. She grew up in one of the roughest parts of the west. She learned to shoot and became very efficient with a knife at a young age. She is an excellent marksman with her preferred weapon of choice being the rifle. Miranda's life took a turn for the worse when she was kidnapped, beaten and almost killed by a bunch of bandits. Recklessly a bandit dropped his knife in front of her and with a fit of rage Miranda killed him and every last bandit at the camp. She barely escaped with her life to the nearest town to seek help from the sheriff. Though she felt relief and comfort in this place, she would soon find out how harsh the west could be and that her adventure had just begun.

​
Gameplay
 ​
Lunaris is a harmonious mix of RPG elements found in Zelda and western themes like Red Dead Redemption. 

While in the city, Miranda will be able to find missions, talk to NPCs, trade at shops and upgrade various parts of her rifle.

marandaposes_0_zps803d467d.gif

While in combat, Miranda will be able to use both melee and ranged attacks, as well as use items like dynamite, medicine and ammo to aid her in her journey.

marandaposes_2_zps733e28f3.gif

Miranda will be using her knife in melee combat. It could be used to slice objects like bushes and tall grass to reveal items or secret passage ways. This knife will have very simple combos and will slice horizontally.

marandaposes_1_zps9368a01f.gif

The rifle will be upgradeable. You must always have enough ammo to use it. The rifle will shoot in eight directions. While it has a longer range and is more powerful, the bullets will run out and you will eventually have to revert back to your knife mode.

Screenshots
Menu
Menu_zpsb3b23c84.png
 ​
Concept
MirandaFull_zps2b7c5c19.png
 ​
This will ALL probably be changed by my wife when she gets back home, but I wanted to show you guys what we have been working on. We also want to get some feedback on what you guys think.

Right now it is myself and my wife, Yin. We are using some assets that were previously made, but never made the cut for Demon's Revenge. The logo is not final and we plan to get that done by our artist, Ricky. We may also seek some original tracks for this. Quigon (Celestial Tear: Demon's Revenge composer) is in the competition, so I'm not sure if he will do that. We also have to credit a bunch of people for some code, but Yin knows more about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks fun. I'm a sucker for western type things, so its nice to see something like this.

I wish you luck.

trexrell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks fun. I'm a sucker for western type things, so its nice to see something like this.

I wish you luck.
Thanks! This is something we had planned to do down the line in a much larger scale. This gives us a chance to introduce the characters and flesh out the story a bit more. There are two other characters involved but Miranda story is something that needs to be told as it is one that is more routed in reality rather than sci-fi.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.
About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgLord69