LunaTechsDev

Lunatic Moon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
LunaTechsLogo_03BlkBG.png
Hello all, it's Wednesday again; this is Kino(EISKino) from the LunaTechs team.

Today, we're bringing to you RPGMakerMV/MZ IntelliSense for use within your project whether you're making plugins or just doing edits to one, this will come in handy. The instructions are similar to the ones we provided for the original project for RPGMakerMV, therefore these definitions should work the same for the same targets.

RPGMakerMV/MZ Intellisense
These two files add IntelliSense to your RPGMakerMV or RPGMakerMZ code base when working with plugins, the base code, etc in Visual Studio Code. You can see every class available in the codebase and the methods attached to them. Furthermore, you can even see the outputs of methods.

Features
  • PIXI.js documentation (version 4.5 for MV)
  • PIX.js documentation (version 5.2.4 for MZ)
  • MV/MZ Scenes
  • MV/MZ Game Objects
  • MV/MZ Windows
  • MV/MZ Sprites
  • MV/MZ Managers
  • MV/MZ Globals

Screenshots

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 8.41.06 PM.png

Download

LunaLite MV/MZ Files

You can download the above files for your engine by:
  1. Clicking the link
  2. Click the file name
  3. Right click raw in the right corner
  4. Save as
  5. Follow the instructions below

Instructions - VS Code
  1. Download both files; keep the file names.
  2. Place the jsconfig.json and the lunalite-pixi-mv.d.ts/lunalite-pixi-mz.d.ts file in your js/ directory.
  3. Make sure you open your RPGMakerMV project as a folder (Right click -> Open with Code)
  4. Reload Visual Studio Code
  5. Enjoy The Intellisense!
Instructions - Sublime Text
  1. Download the Typescript plugin for Sublime via Package Manager.
  2. Place the rmmv.d.ts file in your game's js/plugins directory (if you create plugins in that folder); if you use a different folder, place the lunalite-pixi-mv.d.ts/lunalite-pixi-mz.d.ts file in that folder.
  3. Set your language for your JavaScript file to 'TypeScript' in the bottom right corner of Sublime.
  4. Enjoy!
Instructions - Atom
  1. Download the Typescript plugin in Atom via the Package Manager.
  2. Place the lunalite-pixi-mv.d.ts/lunalite-pixi-mz.d.ts in your js/plugins directory (if you create plugins in that folder); if you use a different folder, place the rmmv.d.ts file in that folder.
  3. Save your JavaScript file as .ts and make sure your language type is 'Typescript' in the bottom right of Atom.
  4. Enjoy!
  5. When you're done editing your plugin, simply save it as a .js

Note: if you have any issues, please response on this thread. If the jsonconfig.json, has an error in it for you not having the lunalite-pixi-mv.d.ts or lunalite-pixi-mz.d.ts because you don't need it for your engine, just remove it.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh god, that is super helpful!
I remember the first day that I found the MV Version...
Thank you so much!!! :kaoluv:

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Glad it could be of use to you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I made my own pizza. First critique, more chicken next time.
My pumpkin! Anyone like Fallout?

It's not terrible, but could be better. This thing took me over an hour to carve. :kaophew:

Dad's watching a WWII documentary while I work on some cool assets for my games. I just love RPG Maker!
Also Happy Halloween! Dad's friend won't be coming unfortunately, but Dad will still be taking me to Boxi Park to have some fun tonight! I'll be posting a video on my YouTube channel of the show, and I'll be sure to post a link here.
"Nightmares exist outside of logic and there's little fun to be had in explanations. They're antithetical to the poetry of fear. In a horror story the victim keeps asking why, but there can be no explanation and there shouldn't be one..." - Stephen King
I feel people seek explanation and demand it sometimes in games, but in the horror genre, well, maybe you shouldn't have one. Silent Hill 1 comes to mind...
Managed to implement QSprite.

Always double check your plugin order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SGXNinetyNine