boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I could use some help to getting this addon working correctly. I thought about crafting a Final Fantasy 10 based menu by using lunatic background to simulate the water effect that goes across the menu however, I am met with a problem. No matter how I configure the addon, I always get a black image as the background. Can I get some help in configuring this properly?

Thanks!

LunaticBackground.png

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ya sure. here is a snippet from the addon. There are three images that I am trying to use. I know how to script a little bit but when it comes to lunatic I am clueless xD. I got it to work once before but that was a long while ago.

[Animated 5 4]Menu_Background.png
[Animated 5 4]Menu_Background_2.png

WaterFlat.png

Code:
# name background bitmap file as [Animated X Y]Filename for animated background# with X is number of frames, Y is delay between frame change.# the name sequences will have "_FRAME" as suffix# for example: # Frame1: [Animated 5 4]Menu_Background.png# Frame2: [Animated 5 4]Menu_Background_2.png# Frame3: [Animated 5 4]Menu_Background_3.png# Frame4: [Animated 5 4]Menu_Background_4.png# Frame5: [Animated 5 4]Menu_Background_5.png$imported = {} if $imported.nil?$imported["YEL-MenuLuna-Background"] = truemodule MenuLuna  module Addon      # Can use multi background, below background will be above upper       # background.      # Filename will be eval'ed, so you can use filename like below:      # $bitmap[Folder, \"Filename_\"+actor.actor.id.to_s]      # This will load Filename_ActorID base on current actor ID      # Only work on Skill/Equip/Status menu              # replace $bitmap[Folder, \"Filename\"] with $map_bg for map snapshot.                # replace $bitmap[Folder, \"Filename\"] with $color[R, G, B]      # for solid color background                # replace $bitmap[Folder, \"Filename\"] with $horgrad[R1, G1, B1, R2, G2, B2]      # for gradient color background horizontal                # replace $bitmap[Folder, \"Filename\"] with $vergrad[R1, G1, B1, R2, G2, B2]      # for gradient color background vertical                #["$bitmap[Folder, \"FileName\"]", Opacity, Blend_mode, [Plane X, Plane Y]],      # Blend_mode can be 0, 1, 2 for normal, addition and substraction      # Use Plane X and Plane Y for loop speed by X and Y coordinates      # Blend_mode and [Plane X, Plane Y] can be removed.    module BaseMenu      # Base background for all menu scene      BACKGROUND = [        ["WaterFlat", 255],      ]    end    module TitleMenu      # Background setting for Title Screen      # Not works with $map_bg      BACKGROUND = [              ]    end    module MainMenu      BACKGROUND = [ 

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hahah you had some point...but...you forgot something~

$bitmap[Folder, \"Filename_"]you have to use this! 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wondering how big I can make Dorothy's skill menu before the game just becomes irredeemably bad.
Studio Blue is playing the RPG Maker game Phil Alone live now! Phil may be alone, but you don't have to be, come join us in chat!

I'm in desperate need of environment sprites and tilesets for my game. If anyone is interested please DM me im willing to pay.
All badges and prizes for the Let's Make a Scene Heart Edition event SHOULD be out. If you participated and haven't received either or both, send me a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonTaco