Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Basic Lunatic States script: https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/lunatic-states/
Its protection addon that I'm trying to use: https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/lunatic-states/lsp-protection/

Does anyone have any clue what I'm doing wrong? None of the Lunatic States effects seem to work (not causing crashes, just doing nothing), and because of Yanfly prohibiting examples I can't see how others get it to work.

Basically in the pic below I am trying to make a state that blocks all damage above 90% of the receiver's max health (essentially preventing 1-hit KOs). It's based on the #2 function of the protection addon ("Damage Barrier). Anyone knows what I might have written wrong? Credits will be added to the in-game credits museum in my Broken Reality RPG (free-to-play): https://lord-rutsah.itch.io/broken-reality-rpg

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    38.2 KB · Views: 4

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This worked for me:

<react effect: damage shelter 80%>

Change 80% to your desired %.

Looking at your picture you used the wrong words, the version you did would make it that if they do over 90% damage you take 0 damage for the entire attack.

That being said, Yanfly also has a bug on the master lunatic states script that causes it to do a double parse, which has odd effects on some states. You may find it really does 81% damage instead of 90% (90% * 90%) due to the double parse. Test carefully to see.

Also you need to test in game, and not battle test. I think lunatic states does not work in battle test (FYI)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This worked for me:

<react effect: damage shelter 80%>

Change 80% to your desired %.

Looking at your picture you used the wrong words, the version you did would make it that if they do over 90% damage you take 0 damage for the entire attack.

That being said, Yanfly also has a bug on the master lunatic states script that causes it to do a double parse, which has odd effects on some states. You may find it really does 81% damage instead of 90% (90% * 90%) due to the double parse. Test carefully to see.

Also you need to test in game, and not battle test. I think lunatic states does not work in battle test (FYI)
I did intend it to completely nullify attacks. So otherwise my wording is correct?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No idea then, as I never used that version, as it drops it all the way to 0 if it is that much of your HP. I used the other one that is where it caps it at x% instead.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
Are ReSTAFFs a thing anymore? Just curious, not sure if this is thread-worthy, so just musing here
Mr_Petue wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Mr_Petue wrote on Eliaquim's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Uploaded a new Video today where I play Minecraft "The Bridge" please check it out & let me know what you think of it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trippzez