Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uhm... did you put 0(zeros) before the event id?

Because if yes, you can't put zeros before in any scripts :p .

Show me a print of how you configured it x)

Lunawyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Awesome script! Just what I needed  :D

But I always get an error message when I try to test it and speak with the character that is supposed to have the speech bubble above him:

Untitled.png
I placed this script call inside the event: Lune_Message.config(1, 22)
Did I forget anything? Or did I do something wrong? :/

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Can you post the event itself? Are you sure you have event 22 in the map and it has a sprite?

Lunawyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
It's this one:

Untitled2.png

GGSlayer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
This is really great 

Thanks for the script

Lunawyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Okay so after giving up on this script because I couldn't get it to work I thought I'd give it one more chance if someone would be so kind to explain to me why I get this error! ;_;
(I want to use it WITHOUT it showing faces!)

Here are the screenshots:

This one pops up when I use the script like told in the instructions:

I have no idea about scripting but I experimented a bit and edited following part in your script:

def open_and_wait    unless Lune_Message.posicao == 2

@lune_message.openlune 

@lune_face.opacity = 255

Fiber.yield until @lune_message.openlune
I changed the "2" into "1" and "255" into "0" and then I didn't get that error anymore but then it looked like this:

The window skin doesn't show!

And when he's done talking another error pops up:

Finally here is how the event with the script call looks like:

I hope I gave all necessary information needed to solve this  >_>

I really really want to use this script!

I feel like I'm just too dumb to use this! lol

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so after giving up on this script because I couldn't get it to work I thought I'd give it one more chance if someone would be so kind to explain to me why I get this error! ;_;

(I want to use it WITHOUT it showing faces!)
Oks xD, first lets go :)
Use the updated script, I forgot to put it on the topic:

http://pastebin.com/YAZUHmER

Second, test it on a raw project, here it is working fine, just putting the script, the image and using the same event commands you used x).

Third, do you use any other scripts? it can be conflicting, if it is I can make them compatible probably :D .

cloakedranger

Snail Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First of all, I want to say thank you for this script. I always appreciate the hard work people put into these, and translating them to another language is double the effort :)

I have a couple questions:

One, is there a way to get it to work with the name command? e.g. \N[3]! shows up with the literal amount of spacing, instead of what actor 3's name is:

LuneMessageBug.png

I can fix it by placing spaces after it, but it's a pain(and wouldn't work if the name is used in a sentance), and if the player chooses a short name it'll have the opposite effect (message window being too long then). So I'm wondering if there's a way to fix this.

Second, I'm not sure how to turn off the animation for the arrow... I assumed it was the 'Mov" variable, but it's default 0 and no matter what I change it to, it still bobs up and down.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, I want to say thank you for this script. I always appreciate the hard work people put into these, and translating them to another language is double the effort :)

I have a couple questions:

One, is there a way to get it to work with the name command? e.g. \N[3]! shows up with the literal amount of spacing, instead of what actor 3's name is:

LuneMessageBug.png

I can fix it by placing spaces after it, but it's a pain(and wouldn't work if the name is used in a sentance), and if the player chooses a short name it'll have the opposite effect (message window being too long then). So I'm wondering if there's a way to fix this.

Second, I'm not sure how to turn off the animation for the arrow... I assumed it was the 'Mov" variable, but it's default 0 and no matter what I change it to, it still bobs up and down.
My fault the second part xD, I updated the script, here: http://pastebin.com/YAZUHmER
The first part, I'll need to rework on some things to work well :/, I'll try to get the time to fix it, I have some things still to work on my scripts, but as soon as I do, I'll post it here xD

Broyi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Um, excuse me!

In a raw project, this happened:

Script 'Message System' line 244: NoMethodError  ocurred

undefined method  'screen_x' for nil:NilClass
...So... um... what should I do?

Edit~:

By the way, here is the affected area:

Code:
  def process_all_text    if Lune_Message.identificacao == 0      @lune_x = $game_player.screen_x      @lune_y = $game_player.screen_y      else      @lune_x = $game_map.events[Lune_Message.identificacao].screen_x      @lune_y = $game_map.events[Lune_Message.identificacao].screen_y

Last edited by a moderator:

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you use, Lune_Message.config(p, id) ?

Because you really need to use that before showing the message :D

Broyi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, I did!

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can you please make "this event" code? I mean you can write something like "Lune_Message.config(1, -1)" where "-1" means "this event"? Pleaaaase!

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I need to see this xD, to make it.

But why is it so different then writting the event ID :D ?

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would like to use it with call script, so every time the event is created on map ID is different, then I can't use your script :( Thats why I would like to have "This event" :)

userlame

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can you please make "this event" code? I mean you can write something like "Lune_Message.config(1, -1)" where "-1" means "this event"? Pleaaaase!
I really really want this too!

I need to see this xD, to make it.

But why is it so different then writting the event ID :D ?
If you clone events from another map or have a script that spawns events, then you can't know which event ID it is! A "this event" code would be really useful for that!

J_C

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
N/A
@RaizenIs it possible to configure the script so the message box has a maximum width? Right now the box spans from side to side, but I think it would look better if it is more narrower.

Chester

Meow Kitten
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cat Tongue
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can this be used in commercial projects ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~
Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Have you appreciated a Hedgehog today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kujo1189