Lune Unlimited Skill Tree

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Raizen, Mar 27, 2014.

1. LarryRiver

LarryRiver Warper Member

First Language:
    Italian
    More in specific, in this case I removed every skill in the tree except for the first, plus I removed 'Tree_Images' and 'Tree_Shift' for the second tree (so this is how you remove trees?) anyway, I've also set near skills to 0 and when I test the skill tree, if I try to move from the skill in the tree it gives me an error:

Script "Skill Tree" line 520: TypeError occured

no implicit conversion from nil to integer

and this is the line 520

draw_text(0, 0, self.width, line_height, Actor[actor_id][skill]['Desc1'], 0)

2. Raizen

Raizen Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not sure why, it probably is something removed or like that xD, send me how you configured the script :) ,

if you want use pastebin for that.

http://pastebin.com/

3. The Old Ferret

The Old Ferret Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
     Hello ! Thank you Raizen for creating and shraing this nice script with us ! :)

I have one question : Is it possible to bound the skill trees not to specific actors, but to specific classes?
    ( Sorry for my poor english ^^ )

4. Nohmaan

Nohmaan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is it possible to add gain points of different types?

For example, if I wanted a Skill tree and a Passive Skill tree.  Uxse the skill points to learn new skills and the passive points to develop your character's stats.

I realize they can operate off the same pool but would be good to force development of a character's stats AND skills without allowing them to learn too many skills or over allocate to stats.

5. antiseptique

antiseptique Warper Member

First Language:
    French
    Hi there,

I try to make a passive and active tree too, and this post could probably help you Nohmaan :

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/4693-passive-skills/

For the moment I'm already on the way to learn how to use Raizen's Skill Tree (It need some work on the images BG and Skills placement on the tree) and Passive Skills script in combination but it's not seem to be hard (And try to learn how RPG Maker VX Ace work, because I'm a beginner).

Raizen's script work like a tree, Neon Black's script apply a note-tag to a skill (Linked to an effect in the database), I think it's all, we just have to import this skills in a specific passive tree of Raizen's script :)

Here is my test :

1 - Create an effect like "+125% HP" and nothing else in the options (It's the passive number 26 in my database)

2 - Create a skill "Boost HP" with a note-tag "passive[26]"

3 - In the Type, I select "none", but Special/Magic could work too.

4 - Target "User" or a specific party member (It's a one chara team in my test game so, I take User target).

5 - Where is it available, "Everywhere" (In and Out fight)

I think that's all, just learn my "Boost HP" skill, linked to my Boost HP effect and imediatly my chara win a 25% boost to his HP pool.

The interest of this secondary script, we can also link passive to an item, for exemple.

Hop this help you like it help me :)

Just a last word, this script is a really good job Raizen, I really enjoy to use/custom it.

6. frederik850

frederik850 Villager Member

First Language:
    dutch
    Is it possible to make the window scrollable? Like when I want 4 skills or more underneath each other.

7. smarbrand

smarbrand Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Error when opening Skills Menu

Script 'Lune Skill Tree' line 772: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass

8. Kizami

Kizami Alejandro Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great script! I actually need to use it in another scene too. I used the: SceneManager.call(Scene_Skill_Tree) and it works but with an issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jabmb13fhlti86/LMPG00504.JPG?dl=0

As you can see in the screenshot the scene loads, but also with the default skill scene above it, even when it has been opened via the script command SceneManager.call(Scene_Skill_Tree). Maybe there is a fix for this? I would be really grateful :)

Thanks in advance.

9. Kuro Neko

Kuro Neko Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm trying to make a game which use skill tree, but i don't know if i can make it with this script:

- Actor will have no lv, but still gain EXP. EXP will act as a cost for skill tree.

- Skill and Skill tree should be seperated into 2 category in the menu.

- Some slot in the skill tree will increase x number of a specific stat of the actor when add point to it.

- Some slot will only be unlocked by a (or some) switch(s).

10. Raizen

Raizen Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    - Actor will have no lv, but still gain EXP. EXP will act as a cost for skill tree.

For that just use the script normally, and edit the actors atribute so that it stays the same every level, and ask someone to take level out of the menu for you :) .

- Skill and Skill tree should be seperated into 2 category in the menu.

Everything in the skill tree is on the skill window, but if you really need the skill window and this script, it is pretty easy to make that, just change this line

class Scene_Skill < Scene_ItemBase

For something like this,

class Scene_YourChoiceName < Scene_Skill 

and then call it using SceneManager.call(Scene_YourChoiceName)

That should work :)

- Some slot in the skill tree will increase x number of a specific stat of the actor when add point to it.

use this script together with skill tree, and it will be possible :)

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/25410-lune-passive-skills/

- Some slot will only be unlocked by a (or some) switch(s).

That is something not really supported D:, I don't remember how I did to manually add skills, I'll check if you can simulate that for you xD

11. Kuro Neko

Kuro Neko Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The 1st and 2nd are fine, but about the 3rd, i know your passive skill script, and can make a passive skill which add state, but a state will only affect parameter by %, not a correct point. (ex: increase atk by 5 point, not 5%).

And the 4th, thanks :D

12. Osaed

Osaed Villager Member

First Language:
    Arabic, English
    Hey,

Great script, but your Unlimited skill tree system doesn't support other actors? it's not working for me, the last actor is the main for all =/

EDIT :- got it, 

you should change 

Actor = Array.new($data_actors.size, Array.new)to

Code:
    Actor = Array.new($data_actors.size) {Array.new}
    ALSO you got a bit of a problem with Skill learning,

you need to change this

def command_use_point if $game_actors[@actor.id].skill_tree[0] == 0 || confirm_skill_add Sound.play_buzzer @confirm.close @confirm.active = false else @skills_icons[@skill_selected].opacity = 255 $game_actors[@actor.id].skill_tree[0] -= 1 $game_actors[@actor.id].skill_mult[Actor[@actor.id][@skill_selected]['Skill_id']] += Actor[@actor.id][@skill_selected]['Multiply'] $game_actors[@actor.id].skill_tree[Actor[@actor.id][@skill_selected]['Skill_id']] += 1 @info_window.refresh(@actor, @tree) Sound.play_ok @confirm.close @confirm.active = false end end to

Code:
      def command_use_point    if $game_actors[@actor.id].skill_tree[0] == 0 || confirm_skill_add      Sound.play_buzzer      @confirm.close      @confirm.active = false    else      @skills_icons[@skill_selected].opacity = 255      $game_actors[@actor.id].skill_tree[0] -= 1      $game_actors[@actor.id].skill_mult[Actor[@actor.id][@skill_selected]['Skill_id']] += Actor[@actor.id][@skill_selected]['Multiply']      $game_actors[@actor.id].skill_tree[Actor[@actor.id][@skill_selected]['Skill_id']] += 1      $game_actors[@actor.id].learn_skill(Actor[@actor.id][@skill_selected]['Skill_id'])      @info_window.refresh(@actor, @tree)      Sound.play_ok      @confirm.close      @confirm.active = false    end  end

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
  13. MHRob

MHRob Card Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Pretty neat script, though I haven't had much luck finding a passive script that actually stacks whatever parameter you gain from learning a passive skill each level. It only seems to apply it once and then no longer seems to add anymore.

Also, tried messing with the cursor thing to see if I could make each actors skill tree unique and my god....what a headache that gave me. I think i'll leave that alone....

Great script otherwise!

14. highvoltage

highvoltage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    italian
    i quote this.

Any suggestion/help?

15. highvoltage

highvoltage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    italian
    no one?

16. MHRob

MHRob Card Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Raizen's the script creator. If such a feature isn't already in the script, more than likely it isn't possible unless you're a scripter yourself and can modify the existing script with such a feature. Try to send Raizen a PM with your inquiry.

17. Raizen

Raizen Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah sorry for the long time to answer >_> , Such a long time I worked on the script, when I tried to read it, I got all lost kk x).

To make it go to classes, I'll have to change a lot of things :/, don't know if I'll have the time for that, I imagine your idea is to have a class choosing system... well you can create many characters that are the same to resolve that problem :/.

18. FreddyFeudalist

FreddyFeudalist Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi Raizen, I really enjoy using this script.  I was just wondering what the terms of use are?  Thanks again for the awesome script. 

19. Raizen

Raizen Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well you can use it commercially, for me thats not a problem xD, if thats what you are looking for k, just keep me in the credits and you can do whatever you want x)

20. Zero0018

Zero0018 Apprentice Member

First Language:
    English
    Awesome script. I have a question for you. How would you change it so a point isn't added every level?

I think it's this section of the script:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

# * Level increase

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

def level_up

lune_sk_level_up

@skill_tree[0] += 1 if Lune_Skill_Tree::Add_Skill_pt

end

end

I just don't know how to modify this to make it different. Like can it be changed to every other level? Every 5 levels? How can this be done?